Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb162 View Post
Brad, do you have better photos of the side panels on your false screen wall? It appears from the dark photos I see that the side panels actually angle in towards the wall instead of going straight across. Did you need to do this to make room for the bass traps? Can you show a photo of how you keep the side panels in place and how they attach on the side wall and at the false wall? I like the minimal framing of the false wall with the open space on each side...I need this since I need to access a circuit panel on the end of my false wall but can't figure out how you attached the end panels with that minimal framing. Thanks in advance.
I'll have to take some better pictures, I don't think I have any better ones than I've posted. Yes, they angle in at about a 30 degree angle to the front wall. The angle wasn't necessary to accommodate the corner bass traps, I just didn't like the look of the screen wall being dead flat, couldn't think of any better design, so went with the angled panels - it was really sort of a quick and dirty thing to get the room done, and I've always had the intent to come back and maybe dress them up somehow, but I guess I've decided they're "good enough" - may recover them in triple velvet, currently they are the same material as the bottom of the soffits.

They are mounted just using friction fit at the top and bottom - made them tight enough that I can align the top and then shove the bottom in, and the carpet and pad has enough give to it to make it a snug fit, they never move at all, but I can still slide them out if I need to get back there for whatever reason. The panel below the screen is also friction fit, the one over the screen is held in place by the same ball/socket speaker grill connectors that I used on the rest of the wall panels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Pioneer Sc27 Sc 27 Sc 27 Elite 7 1 Channel Digital Home Theater Thx Receiver , Playstation 3 160gb System , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com