Terrible home theater room design needs help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a basement home theater/den area. Unfortunately when I originally moved into the space I wasn't nearly as concerned with the home theater aspect of it and made some poor decisions that can't really be undone. I've attached a top down view of my theater area.

Biggest problem that I have is with the crispness of the audio (just don't think I'm getting the bang for the buck I invested in my setup) - I'm not sure if I should start adding some room acoustics or just give up on it due to the layout of the room. I'd love to get some opinions as to what I could do to improve the sound quality. I feel like the one wall being completely open and then the main left speaker being literally against the wall is going to make improving the situation difficult. I'd like to add some acoustics but I'm not sure where to start. I've pulled the couch a foot or so off the back wall but can't come out any further.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Based on the layout - what parts are changeable, and which are the ones that "can't be undone"? For example, presumably the bar is built in, and has to stay put - could the pool table move? Can the TV move (or is it built into an attached entertainment unit)? Maybe you could slide the whole theater area to the middle of the room, and move the pool table by the windows?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There's really not much that can be moved, that's the real problem. I wish I had a lot of $$$ and could redo the space, but for now the table and the bar stay put. This is a projector/screen layout so that is fairly flexible, but I don't have the space to turn it 90degrees like would be optimal. That's why I feel the only solution would be to add some acoustic paneling and or a "false wall" on the side that is open?? Anyone ever seen anything like this?
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page