Rich H's Variable Image Size Home Theater - Build Thread - Completed! - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #211 of 218 Old 11-12-2015, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1689 Post(s)
Liked: 1391
Well that's a bummer. Image Shack changes their policy and will not longer send images to forums/blogs etc, unless you become a paid member.

All my images for this thread are now gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 218 Old 11-12-2015, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Was wondering why your images all disappeared. Maybe best thing is to upload them to AVS.
post #213 of 218 Old 11-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 96
If you copy the image link address from a post and paste it in your address bar the image is accessible, so at least the images are not lost -- you'll just need to edit your posts if you want to update the image urls from a new host. Thank you Rich for sharing your inspiring screen set up, I have a variable aspect project of my own that is kicking off soon.
post #214 of 218 Old 02-20-2016, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Ugh...all my images on imageshack are now gone. I didn't know they were getting rid of free user account photos at the end of January. All is lost.

I think I have a back up of the images somewhere and if I can find it someday I'll try to add them to this thread again. This sux.
post #215 of 218 Old 04-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
Ugh...all my images on imageshack are now gone. I didn't know they were getting rid of free user account photos at the end of January. All is lost.

I think I have a back up of the images somewhere and if I can find it someday I'll try to add them to this thread again. This sux.
How disappointing all your pictures disappeared! I was reading about your curtains and track system in another thread and I really wanted to see some pictures. Is there any way you could post some pictures of your track/curtains? Much appreciated.
post #216 of 218 Old 04-15-2016, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just wanted to second Boxozaxu's post. I, too, am trying to install wall-to-wall ceiling curtains that can be pulled back during the day, and completely closed for movie time. What curtains and tracks did you use? Any way you can upload some new photos? Thank you!!

By the way, I tried to PM Rich, but I'm too new... I'm not allowed yet!
post #217 of 218 Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBlues View Post
I just wanted to second Boxozaxu's post. I, too, am trying to install wall-to-wall ceiling curtains that can be pulled back during the day, and completely closed for movie time. What curtains and tracks did you use? Any way you can upload some new photos? Thank you!!

By the way, I tried to PM Rich, but I'm too new... I'm not allowed yet!
Yes it really sucks to have the pictures gone. When I have time enough I'll try to repost at least some of them. Though I'm not sure which image hosting service to use. Any free ones left...anyone?

As for the curtain tracks, they were supplied by my interior designer. They aren't anything special though, just black curtain tracks. We used the "snap on" system for how the curtain attaches to the track, which I believe gives the curtains a thinner profile or something.
post #218 of 218 Old 04-15-2016, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
As for the curtain tracks, they were supplied by my interior designer. They aren't anything special though, just black curtain tracks. We used the "snap on" system for how the curtain attaches to the track, which I believe gives the curtains a thinner profile or something.
Thank you. Do you remember which curtains (brand/store) you went with? Are they velvet on both sides?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction