Its nice to find a forum like this.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.
Im from Brazil and i'm new at audio and video stuff.
I've read a lot in the internet and though about this project i plan to do in my house out now I need some help from experienced people.
Im planning to do this cheap integrated system at my house.
May some of you help me solving some doubts?
Thats a long and newbie topic for pros like you but I really need assistance
Here are my plannings in hardware buying and a a photoshoped illustration with some questions:
- Sony BDP-S360 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player - $129.99http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S360-.../dp/B001URWAYG
- Sony STR-DH800 7.1-Channel Audio Video Receiver - $214.46http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DH800.../dp/B001YQ9T8I
- HDMI Matrix 4x4 - $192,64http://cgi.ebay.com/4X4-True-Matrix-...item335d69eb85
- HDMI Extensor CAT5 - $60http://cgi.ebay.com/HDMI-DVI-Cat-5-e...item563d446f83
- HDMI Splitter Amplifier - $28,95http://cgi.ebay.com/1x2-HDMI-Splitte...item20b0e600a9
1) I still don't understanding what is HDMI pass-through, splitter, repeater. The only thing I want is video and audio running in both TV/Projector and home theater system.
2) I'm not a video or audiophile. Will a good entry level receiver as Onkyo TX-SR608 be much better than Sony STR-DH800 for me?
3) Can I run MKV, MP4 or AVI videos with DTS-HD files from PC? Will it also run audio and video in the others devices connected to the HMI matrix without the receiver?
4) Will my PC VGA (9500GT 1GB) output video and audio through its HDMI OUT port?
5) Will a regular 15 meters (50 feet) HDMI cable output the PC signal to HDMI Matrix at 1080p?
6) Will this HDMI 1x2 for TV and Projector plugged in the Matrix 4x4 output work?
7) Does this HDMI CAT5 extensor really run at acceptable quality for 720p or 1080p in a 50 meters (150 feet) distance?
8) Is there a radio remote controller for Sky HD or Blu-ray player I could use anywhere in my house (50 feet range, even through walls)? Any solution for this?
I hope to find some light with you guys
Thank you very much!