Where to get high quality short HDMI cables? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

So I am looking for some high quality HDMI cables under 2 feet(preferable 1 ft) to compliments my high quality cables from Monoprice, this is what I have:
High Speed HDMI CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (22AWG) - 25ft (Gold Plated Connectors)

The closest thing I found is 4ft(http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=4965), everything that is short is much lower quality.

Does anyone have any suggestion for somewhere else besides monoprice to get short cables?

Thanks!
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-18-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettB0727 View Post

Hi All,

So I am looking for some high quality HDMI cables under 2 feet(preferable 1 ft) to compliments my high quality cables from Monoprice, this is what I have:
High Speed HDMI CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (22AWG) - 25ft (Gold Plated Connectors)

The closest thing I found is 4ft(http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=4965), everything that is short is much lower quality.

Does anyone have any suggestion for somewhere else besides monoprice to get short cables?

Thanks!
Brett

Why so short, there is no real plus side, between 4, 2 and 1ft. Each time its plugged into a unit the signaling is EQed so it not really like adding all the lengths together for a grand total. Besides a 4ft good cable is way better than a so-so shorter one.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...&cs_id=1025101
post #3 of 6 Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlegod View Post

Why so short, there is no real plus side, between 4, 2 and 1ft. Each time its plugged into a unit the signaling is EQed so it not really like adding all the lengths together for a grand total. Besides a 4ft good cable is way better than a so-so shorter one.

Ones is for behind the TV for example and just needs to go a few inches to the wall plate, and because I have a very low profile mount, I am concern that there won't be the space for 4 ft of cable to be stashed behind the TV.

Another is in a different location to connect a receiver to a wall plate, and it is a fairly visible location in when I don't really want to have 3 extra feet of cable coiled up.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Another option is from this crowd....I use them, have for 6 years, very happy:

http://www.cablesandelectronics.com/...eo-cables.html

25 yr warranty, made in Germany

Peter the Greek

Downunder Theatre MkII
Redefining snail pace construction
"what is worth knowing is difficult to learn"

post #5 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Liked: 14
Why do you care? At lengths this short the "quality" of the cable stock is practically irrelevant. Just get a cable of the length you need. If there's a problem you'll know because it won't work.

That being said, if you cannot be dissuaded by facts and just want to be able to say you have the best, blue-jeans does offer their F2 bonded-pair cable in 1-foot increments starting at 1-foot. I would not recommend their better F2 cable (which starts at 3ft) because the cable is extremely large and not flexible, and would be a bad choice for such short lengths. And as far as cable stock, you won't find better anywhere. But again, hugely unecessary. I think I have a couple of their shorter bonded-pair cables simply because I was ordering other things at the same time so i included them in the order so as not to rack up spurios shipping charges. But otherwise there's no reason to spend more than a couple bucks on such short cables.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-21-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles View Post

Why do you care? At lengths this short the "quality" of the cable stock is practically irrelevant. Just get a cable of the length you need. If there's a problem you'll know because it won't work.

Well at the very least, high speed and standard speed matters correct? I have been having a tough time finding even generic high speed rated short cable, not even taking into account the guage or anything else.

I'm have been concerned about the cable quality because I noticed a dramatic improvement going for just a generic 5ft cable I had laying to the large 25ft high speed cables, and I just wanted to be sure and not loose anything.

I'll take a look at the bluejean cables.

Thanks,
Brett
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page