Ok, so the 800 lb beam arrived today.
It's 199" long.
Getting it off the truck was pretty easy. My friend Dave was there to supervise.
Getting it into the window wasn't too hard either, but took about an hour since I decided to use a manual "come along" (love that name). I wanted to get a bit of exercise - weird, but true.
I used a variety of methods to pull it in.
Here's the special ramp I made to get it into the window without breaking the pipes. The wood is angled and wedged against the joists so that the ramp wont get pulled out from the window. The vertical 2x4s also make sure the beam doesn't fall off the ramp to the side.
Getting it onto the first dolly.
800 lbs rolls really easily on dollies.
Here is the beam under the old beam ready to be installed!
I did some "Celebratoring" afterward.