Well, I have decided to completely skip the in wall speaker issue. Towards the end of the project I will get some di-pole/bi-pole speakers and wall mount them. I am thinking the ERD-1s since they have a relatively low profile
Had some more construction progress during the week. I had hoped to post this update yesterday but for some reason while I was at Home Depot I though a 2x8x96 would be tall enough enough for a 10" riser.
Sadly I did not realize 8" was not, in fact, 10" until after I agreed to let the wife take the SUV. As I did not think exchanging a 2x8x96 for a 2"x10"x10' would work so well in a Civic. I was stuck until today.
I did move a vent out of the way yesterday though
Not the final assembly - I just needed it out of the way. While I was moving it this a tiny ball of death did hit me in the head
I have no idea where it came from. One second I was moving the duct the next I was cringing as I saw something plummet towards my head. I was thankful it wasn't anything heavier but still not the normal building material one would expect
Of much greater joy was the near completion of the sump pump cover framing. I was finally satisfied that I would not encounter another leak in my plumbing. For reason unknown to me the sump pump was placed closer than 3.5" to the foundation wall. This meant I could not place the bottom plate along the foundation without covering the lip of the sump pump.
Sadly that vertical piece of wood is staying. It's where the plug for the sump pump is. I tried to get them out but my drill was having nothing of it. No movement whatsoever. It seems when the screwed it into the foundation they bent the screws at angles into the wall. I'll notch the wood around the bottom plate when I put that in, move the sump pump outlet to the side of the stud and install an access panel for it.
The water sensor still has to go in too
I plan to take the bottom plate up the sides of the frame and across the top. Hopefully I won't ever need to but this will make it much much easier to access the pump if anything goes wrong.
It is well braced to prevent (I hope) audio vibrations as well as sitting on roofing felt to prevent rubbing between the wood and the foundation. After I got everything screwed in place (Not an easy task with some of the clearances) I tried to shift it around a bit and nothing! No movement. Even the pipe is snug in the notch I cut for it. I do plan to add some foam insulation around the pipe and the outlet opening.
Eventually the felt will be stapled in place as well. This corner has been the bane of my existence for weeks now. I couldn't finish framing till I was done with the cover. I couldn't finish electrical till I was done framing. I couldn't run speaker wire till I was done with electrical.