Wow, slow down there. In no particular order:
- shearflex is $35 a sheet of 300x300. But no it wont help your issue. You need to isolate the floor somehow, otherwise your measures with the whisper clips will be wasted as the floor will flank the entire house
- give Embelton a call and tell them what you're doing, they're really good guys, they'll be able to tell you what you need - they have isolating stuff for floors.
- In terms of the gyprock you use, I'll be using 16mm fire rates BGC board, its cheap and high quality (yes, I know that sounds odd)
- Dont buy Ultratel - www.acoustica.com.au
sell a polyester product which is cheaper, the dame density and you can sleep on it (i.e. no fibreglass problems)
- bass trap riser - you need to design the inside of it to maximise volume around the edge of it.....from what I understand, which might be wrong. Drilling holes isn't enough. You need basically something the same size as a HVAC bar diffuser opening(s)...I think I might have some info on it in my thread somewhere....yeah good luck with that
- acoustica also sell an isolation underlay, its not cheap, but I think I'll use it, but you will need more than that on the floor
- seal the whole room with Bostik 1, its the largest flex, fire rated sealant you can buy in Oz.
Have a read of my thread a bit more, I've referenced most materials there that are locally available, I've looked into densities, construction etc etc - save yourself the hassle
Underlay - if you dont go witht he Acoustica stuff you want thick felt, its better for acoustics, not so soft. DONT get rubber, it just compresses over time, even foam is better
I love the look of laser disks, it'd be great to see Starwars on one.....I've got an old ninteno somewhere.....plus a 128kb "word store" the size of an encyclopedia....need to toss that
Oh if you're buying tiles (and have a choice from your builder), the best tile shop in Sydney happens to be in Waitara, Ceramic Fashions, talk with Tina and Max - I cant speak highly enough about them....again, after 2 reno's and a build we have that one narrowed down. Bathroom products - WC Bath and Shower in Chatswood (they're the snotty version of a large plumbing group from down south). Reece in Artarmon are also good (nice assistants too
Edit - do the whisper clips come with instructions, I read somewhere they dont work if you over torque the screws, another important, small detail