3Likes

post #271 of 772 Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
NightSkyMurals,

I just painted my first coat of sky blue on my ceiling... I was wondering if you were still planing on selling kits??

I will be hiring a guy to paint clouds on my ceiling, getting really close to the glow in the dark star application and would love to buy a kit.

If no kits planned, can you recommend a really nice 12X12 foot template??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 772 Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 762
wow looks great

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #273 of 772 Old 03-22-2011, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Another question...

I can see how painting upside down would be a little difficult. Do you have a special brush or something that keeps the paint from dripping down your arm?? Whats your secret, is there a certain amount of paint that you apply per star??
post #274 of 772 Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Based in Salt Lake City, UT... but most of my work is done all over the USA and Canada. I cover all areas.
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Tom... BTW, I think that you emailed me while I was on my last trip to Indiana, Michigan, Florida and Texas (man, Texas has great BBQ) and I need to get back with you. If that's the case, will you shoot me another email and get on my case. I have been so buried lately that I don't know which way is up (and that's bad for someone who paints UP on the ceilings).

Sorry!

Jeff

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook
Hairs On Neck... Please Stand!

post #275 of 772 Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Based in Salt Lake City, UT... but most of my work is done all over the USA and Canada. I cover all areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcascio View Post

Jeff,

I bought a professional camera last year that shoots great in low light conditions. I bought it specifically to take shots of the theater. Once I get my theater done, I'd be happy to take some shots. The wood just arrived so I'm hoping in a couple months I'll be ready for you.

Great Mario... then I will be sure to do a REALLY nice job on your ceiling! :-) Just kidding. I like what I do too much to not do my best on every ceiling.

But, that is a nice offer. I will take all of the pictures I can get of ceilings I paint, or have painted. I keep having to turn on a black light or lighten up the pictures... and I love it when I get a picture that isn't touched. So, I look forward to it.

Jeff

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

post #276 of 772 Old 03-22-2011, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

NightSkyMurals,

I just painted my first coat of sky blue on my ceiling... I was wondering if you were still planing on selling kits??

I will be hiring a guy to paint clouds on my ceiling, getting really close to the glow in the dark star application and would love to buy a kit.

If no kits planned, can you recommend a really nice 12X12 foot template??

Thanks!

I will email you a little more detail... but for others who might have the same question...

I was working on a stencil and it was incredibly nice! But, finding a manufacturer that could punch the holes out for me was the hard part. We'd done the prototypes by hand (which is fine for one or two) but we'd need someone who could drill between 1000 and 2000 holes. We pretty much gave up that idea for now. But, what I have decided to do is suggest a kit that people can buy (on the Internet) and then I can suggest places for you to get paint, or I can sell the same paint that I use.

Then, I've decided to write up some instructions, that are to be used with the stencil kit found online, that will make the end product many times better than the stencil alone... for a small price, of course.

That is what I have decided to do for now, until I can get my stencils manufactured. But, I think that it's a good compromise.

Jeff

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

post #277 of 772 Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Another question...

I can see how painting upside down would be a little difficult. Do you have a special brush or something that keeps the paint from dripping down your arm?? Whats your secret, is there a certain amount of paint that you apply per star??

My secret is that I mix my own paint that will stay on the brush better. But, even still, you will want to cover up the floor and furniture before you paint. I am usually glowing when I finish painting and everyone comments on it. Just last night I had to get the kids (where I painted) to look at the mural because they were fixated on me. I guess it isn't every day you see a glowing man in your house.

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

post #278 of 772 Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyMurals View Post

I will email you a little more detail... but for others who might have the same question...

I was working on a stencil and it was incredibly nice! But, finding a manufacturer that could punch the holes out for me was the hard part. We'd done the prototypes by hand (which is fine for one or two) but we'd need someone who could drill between 1000 and 2000 holes. We pretty much gave up that idea for now. But, what I have decided to do is suggest a kit that people can buy (on the Internet) and then I can suggest places for you to get paint, or I can sell the same paint that I use.

Then, I've decided to write up some instructions, that are to be used with the stencil kit found online, that will make the end product many times better than the stencil alone... for a small price, of course.

That is what I have decided to do for now, until I can get my stencils manufactured. But, I think that it's a good compromise.

Jeff

I dropped $30 on the stencil you recommended earlier (page 3 of this thread). I'm hoping with that, and your special blended paint , my mural will come out as AWESOME looking as all of yours.

I'm ready to purchase your paint, please email me so we can work out the details.

Thanks again!
post #279 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Tom... BTW, I think that you emailed me while I was on my last trip to Indiana, Michigan, Florida and Texas (man, Texas has great BBQ) and I need to get back with you. If that's the case, will you shoot me another email and get on my case. I have been so buried lately that I don't know which way is up (and that's bad for someone who paints UP on the ceilings).

Sorry!

Jeff

Jeff,

I can't remember sending you an email lately, so I'm assuming(?) you're talking to Tom Harness (or possibly a third Tom ).

Yes sir, the BBQ in Texas is typically very good and can be "out of this world" good!

Tom

Tom

The world is more than we know...more than we imagine...more even than we can imagine.
post #280 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hilton View Post

Jeff,

I can't remember sending you an email lately, so I'm assuming(?) you're talking to Tom Harness (or possibly a third Tom ).

Yes sir, the BBQ in Texas is typically very good and can be "out of this world" good!

Tom

Hi Tom... Yes, it was Tom Harness. He wrote me a while back and I hadn't gotten back to him. Ten different projects that I'm working on, helping my aging father out, and burn-out from my last trip has gotten me behind on things. :-( BUT, I am back... almost to 100%. :-)

Tom, there is a place called Rudy's Country Store and BBQ in Texas that has "set the hook" on me. Their "Extra-Moist" brisket with a good portion of the black, outer edge... man, I'm just saying! I may have to plan another trip to Texas soon. :-)

I hope all is well with the two of you Tom! Oh, I just remembered that when I left your place... I stopped at one of those roadside stands to get a bag of "Boiled Peanuts" that I have seen for years when in the south. The first couple were kind of weird to me... but I actually liked them after that. Thought about getting another bag for the next leg of my flight... but couldn't find another stand before I got to the airport.

Then just recently, and I can't remember where I was, I stopped at a stand that had fried peanuts. They had different flavors and those were really good too. Again, weird, but good. I'm used to regular, salted peanuts from Dodger Stadium that I'd get while growing up out there... and now when I go back from time to time. So, it's fun to try new things as I travel around.

Wow!!!... ADD kicking in and I am rambling. Sorry!

Good to hear from you Tom! Say hi to your wife. Enjoy that really cool theater you have!

Jeff

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

post #281 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I dropped $30 on the stencil you recommended earlier (page 3 of this thread). I'm hoping with that, and your special blended paint , my mural will come out as AWESOME looking as all of yours.

I'm ready to purchase your paint, please email me so we can work out the details.

Thanks again!

How could you go wrong when you are using my paint? I will help you out with a few pointers too. I'll email you.

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

post #282 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM

Liked: 10
A few weeks ago I had the pleaseure of having Jeff come out and paint me a masterpiece on my theater's ceiling. I wanted and got a dense star painting and I am very pleased with its outcome. I am still working on hiding my black lights but I took a few pictures to show all how it came out.
Blacklights On

Lights off
post #283 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 66
post #284 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

That looks AMAZING!!! What was your base color before the mural was painted??
post #285 of 772 Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Jeff

Thanks for the email Jeff.

The 12X12 stencil I bought from Ursa Major, does it have different size holes?? The reason I'm asking is I'd like to come close to the same effect you have on your murals. You have some tiny stars, and some bigger stars really giving a sense of realism. I sure hope I can come close to one of yours... Ideally the first picture of your thread.

I know you will help out every step... or should I say dab... of the way.

Thanks again.
post #286 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 03:33 AM

xzener - The base color is Sherwin-Williams Midnight.
post #287 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 07:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

GTarrant, that looks absolutely beautiful. Congratulations.

John M
post #288 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTarrant View Post

Lights off

How did you achieve this?

We've never been able to capture a picture even with the paint full charged. One of our biggest challenges has been to find LED blacklights outside of visible light so that we could show off the ceiling without interfering with movie watching.
post #289 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhri View Post

How did you achieve this?

We've never been able to capture a picture even with the paint full charged. One of our biggest challenges has been to find LED blacklights outside of visible light so that we could show off the ceiling without interfering with movie watching.

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets. Some photos contain exposure information as does this one. This information says the picture was taken with a very good Nikon D90 camera and exposed for 15.5 seconds at F5 at an ISO rating of 1000. The focal length was 18mm which is usually the widest angle you can get using a standard DSLR zoom lens.

The camera was obviously on a tripod or some steady object and no flash was used. I know my little Nikon D40 has to be manually focused on scenes like this including the real night sky. GTarrant may also have tweaked the photo a bit to improve the exposure using a program such as Photoshop.

It seems to me that the only viable method to charge the ceiling while watching a movie is to have soffits large enough to hide the lights and low enough to illuminate the center of the room. That isn't possible in my room so I'll have to charge 'em up with an old shop light and remove it before the movie starts.

Tom
post #290 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhri View Post
One of our biggest challenges has been to find LED blacklights outside of visible light so that we could show off the ceiling without interfering with movie watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Harness View Post
It seems to me that the only viable method to charge the ceiling while watching a movie is to have soffits large enough to hide the lights and low enough to illuminate the center of the room. That isn't possible in my room so I'll have to charge 'em up with an old shop light and remove it before the movie starts.

Tom

Azhri, an LED light source like the one you describe is on my wish list. That kind of development in lighting would indeed be useful for displaying a night sky mural. However, I haven't yet heard anything concerning the availability of such a light.

Tom, I'm also using the "charge and remove" method to illuminate my mural, which is an adequate and workable solution. However, I would be pleased to learn of an LED option that produces invisible light capable of charging the painted stars---that would be an even more elegant solution. I take it that you too are unaware of such an option at this time?

Tom

Tom

The world is more than we know...more than we imagine...more even than we can imagine.
post #291 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Tom, there is a place called Rudy's Country Store and BBQ in Texas that has "set the hook" on me. Their "Extra-Moist" brisket with a good portion of the black, outer edge... man, I'm just saying! I may have to plan another trip to Texas soon. :-)

I hope all is well with the two of you Tom! Good to hear from you Tom! Say hi to your wife. Enjoy that really cool theater you have!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Man, you're makin' me hungry for BBQ, Texas-style! As a matter of fact, we're planning a trip to Texas (Houston) this summer. We're originally from that area and I believe I recall hearing the name "Rudy's"...but we've never eaten there. (I assume there is one in Houston---where in Texas did you find the restaurant?).

For me, smoked brisket is absolutely the top of the line! (The black outer edge is called "the smoke ring"). I've tried my hand at smoking my own brisket but with mixed results...certainly edible but not always consistent with my Texas memories of how it should really be. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

Anyway, I'm hoping Rudy's is a chain and there's one in the Houston vicinity, 'cause I intend to make it a point to eat there.

We're both doing fine, enjoying the theater as well as the nice spring weather.

Take care in your many travels---you're always welcome when you're in the area.

Tom

Tom

post #292 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Tom, I'm also using the "charge and remove" method to illuminate my mural, which is an adequate and workable solution. However, I would be pleased to learn of an LED option that produces invisible light capable of charging the painted stars---that would be an even more elegant solution. I take it that you too are unaware of such an option at this time?

Tom
Hi Tom. I know of no LED source that would do the job you want. Maybe something will turn up in the future.

xzener

I'm sure Jeff will reply if he ever has the time to do so. I can tell you that I just finished using the Ursa Major 12 x 12 star stencil, so I can offer you my opinions. I discovered that after laying out the stencil strips A,B,C,D and E that the end with the lettering is apparently South. I had understood the instructions telling me that was the North end. It wasn't in my case. If that is important, check out some constellations before you start painting!

The brighter star holes are simply too large -- a half inch or more. From talking with Jeff and examining closely the large pictures that lawdog2k provided of Jeff's ceiling mural, it is obvious that he makes his largest stars a little less than 1/4." They are about the size of the screw head in the wall plate that appears in one of the pictures for size reference.

I suggest you paint the stencil using a black light source. This will allow you to instantly tell which holes you have painted and which you have not as some paint will get on the stencil as you work. The stencil will sag. I found it best to press the stencil paper to the ceiling and daub the paint in the hole with my other hand. Just don't fill in all of those large holes with paint or your stars are gonna be BIG. When you release the stencil, you won't be able to see the star you painted. Be patient, move on to the next hole and look at your work after you remove the stencil.

Good luck painting. I'm reasonably happy with my job. I got in a hurry and plugged those big holes too much even though I knew better. Now I'm going to go back over them and touch up with ceiling paint to reduce their size. And I did buy some paint from Jeff. It works great!

Tom
post #293 of 772 Old 03-24-2011, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the much needed info Tom,

I will dab the holes, 1/2" will be 1/4" and so on. Good idea with the black light... I was wondering how I would keep track of which hole I dabbed last. Do you have any pictures too share?? Is there a Milky Way??

Thanks!
post #294 of 772 Old 03-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Hi Jeff,

Man, you're makin' me hungry for BBQ, Texas-style! As a matter of fact, we're planning a trip to Texas (Houston) this summer. We're originally from that area and I believe I recall hearing the name "Rudy's"...but we've never eaten there. (I assume there is one in Houston---where in Texas did you find the restaurant?).

For me, smoked brisket is absolutely the top of the line! (The black outer edge is called "the smoke ring"). I've tried my hand at smoking my own brisket but with mixed results...certainly edible but not always consistent with my Texas memories of how it should really be. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

Anyway, I'm hoping Rudy's is a chain and there's one in the Houston vicinity, 'cause I intend to make it a point to eat there.

We're both doing fine, enjoying the theater as well as the nice spring weather.

Take care in your many travels---you're always welcome when you're in the area.

Tom

@Tom - When you go to Rudy's be sure to tell them you're a "Rookie" and they'll let you sample anything other than the ribs.

I personally recommend asking for extra moist as it's the most flavorful, but if you want to act "Texan" just ask for cutters. It's the cheapest and you usually get a lot of burnt tips.
post #295 of 772 Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:

I will dab the holes, 1/2" will be 1/4" and so on. Good idea with the black light... I was wondering how I would keep track of which hole I dabbed last. Do you have any pictures too share?? Is there a Milky Way??

Thanks!

I haven't gone beyond painting the stencil stars yet. This afternoon I touched up some of my dinner plate size stars and downsized them to give a more normal view. Many of my stars are still a bit larger than realistic looking, but I'm content. They are constellation stars and I wouldn't have ordered the stencil unless I wanted them to be a bit more apparent than the remaining stars.

The included shot is a quicky I took to give you an idea of how it looks now. I have plans to add quite a few more smaller background stars and a milky way. The only other hints I can suggest at the moment is to try making some test stars on some poster paper to get the idea of how it works. I've come to the conclusion that a brush is not the best tool to make the stars unless you use the other end of the brush and dip it in the paint and then onto the ceiling. A larger blunt instrument will make a larger star. This method allows you to get the maximum amount of pigment on the dots -- which is what you want for a bright star of any size.

I'm still experimenting with milky way ideas. The front runners at the moment are a faux painting device of using an irregular shaped sponge and a diluted mixture of star paint with water and pat it on the ceiling. This is tricky and requires practice. The other method I'm considering is the old splatter trick with a toothbrush. I suspect this is also a bit tricky to prevent your star mural from looking like a Jackson Pollack painting more than a starfield.

Do also keep in mind that if you add more stars after the stencil that the stars in the sky are not evenly distributed. It won't look right if you just put in a dot every x inches. Too uniform. Look up in the sky at night and you'll see little groups of stars. You can also examine some of Jeff's work that has been pictured here.

Tom
post #296 of 772 Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

NightSkyMurals,

Thanks for the paint, it should be enough for my ceiling. I will add some pics as soon as I'm done. Still need to paint the clouds, is there a white paint that WONT glow under black light?? I'd like for the clouds to go as unnoticed as possible when the black lights are on. If not... No big deal, I will use the black lights to charge the stars then.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Nevermind... Exterior paint is UV resistant, it should block the glow effects of the black light.
post #297 of 772 Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

THREE TIMES!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! *$#@ &#(@##@@!!! I wrote THREE REPLIES, clicked away without thinking (it's really late) and then came back to finish up... only to find what I had written gone. So, this will be super quick. Sorry.

I have tried to find the time to get to the forum and to answer some of your emails this past week... but just when I thought I was getting caught up, I got buried even deeper. So, if you have been waiting for me to answer an email... please re-send it. That will be the best way to possibly get an reply from me. I have about 300 emails, mixed in with about 500 junk emails.. and I am trying to go through them all in between painting and trying to set up west coast, great lakes and east coast trips within the next month or two. So, needless to say, a new email will work better.

GTarrant: Awesome pics! Would you mind emailing me some large files of those? You and Lawdog2K... (and I see that Tom Harness too) have been able to get some great pictures where others haven't been able to in the past. Are the cameras that much better... or do you guys just know what you're doing?

Anyway... very cool. BTW... you're in Florida, correct? I think I remember the AC unit. Some people remember the sunsets and scenery... I remember AC units. :-)

Xzener... Tom Harness gave some great advice. He's just recently done the stencil route... and can give you some good pointers. Just keep the stars smaller than the holes in the stencil... and don' try to add in to many others. Do add some.... but don't go crazy. You might end up painting over them if you do. Email me if you have more questions. Or, if you really want one like I paint... I'll be out your way in a couple of weeks. :-)

LED lights? Just aren't doing the job. I just sent a sample up to a contractor who is working on a VERY high-end house, where they are going to have me paint a mural (in Washington state)... and they are wanting to try out different lights to see if anything else will charge the paint. If they come up with something that I haven't tried, then I will let you guys know. But, for now... Black Lights or any kind of fluorescent lights are what you want to use.

Tom Harness.... Thanks for your help and suggestions! And... I will try to reply to you soon too. Call me again whenever you can. I just hate answering a phone when I am taking with a customer... so I turn it off. Then, forget to turn it on again sometimes. But, just keep calling. I hope that you will consider my offer. It would be good for me and hopefully you too.

Tom Hilton... www.Rudys.com That's all you need to know, my friend. Go there before you head out to Houston and you will be set. And, Azhri is 100% on the money! I didn't even realize that Rudy's sold anything other than Extra Moist. That's all I've gotten for years and probably all I will ever get. It is SOOOOOOO incredibly good. I mean, just look at the picture on the front page of their web site. Man, oh man!!! And the ring of fire, char or whatever you want to call it... it's seriously good! And, I am going to try the "cutters" the next time I'm in Texas. Sounds just like what I want. It'll probably bypass my stomach and go right to my heart... but, every once in a while is OK. Right? Love Texas! It's always good to hear from you! Had some French Toast the other day when I took one of my kids out for breakfast... and I just laughed in the cooks face (not really). I did think about you guys though.

Xzener: I haven't had much problem with white paint fluorescing too brightly. Are you thinking like shoe strings? I think that is from some additive in clothes that does that. I think that you will be OK. The white may stand out more than the darker colors... but not too much. Check out LawDog2K's pics. He had blue sky and white clouds and his clouds don't jump out at you. So, you should be fine.

OK, I just realized that AVS has the greatest people here. I have been on other forums over the years... and people just seem really uptight on some forums. But, here, everyone is helping everyone else and it works. I think that I can just let those I've painted for answer all of the questions for me... and I'll try sleeping a little when I get home from now on. :-) Thanks everyone for joining in this discussion. I hope this thread is helpful. BTW... I just talked a guy out of a painted mural the other day because he just couldn't see bringing out a black light to charge the paint, he didn't want to build a soffit... and he wanted to see the stars during the movie. That was a no-brainer for me. That had fiber optics written all over it.

But, as you can see from the pictures just posted this past week, one that I did and one DIY mural that Tom did... the theater room can double as a "relaxation" room if done right.

Off to bed now!

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

post #298 of 772 Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Real quick?!?! You wrote a novel!! HAHA!!

Ok, finally got the stencil from Ursa Major. The directions seem very straight forward. The holes seem small already.... So fill them in about half way would you say?? Does the stencil just have the constellations?? When adding more stars, I'm guessing make the dab even smaller than the constellation stars.

Oh... And the Milky Way.... Do you use a tooth brush and splatter it on like the directions say to do??

Sorry for all the questions... Just want to get it right the first time. Tom, I'm sure it was a pain in the arse redoing it.
post #299 of 772 Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM

[quote=GTarrant;20197655]A few weeks ago I had the pleaseure of having Jeff come out and paint me a masterpiece on my theater's ceiling. I wanted and got a dense star painting and I am very pleased with its outcome. I am still working on hiding my black lights but I took a few pictures to show all how it came out.
[quote]

That is amazing! I want one! =)
post #300 of 772 Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear that you got the stencil and paint.

I would say that half the size of their holes is probably a good rule of thumb. You might want to even make some even smaller. But, if you stick with stars that are right around half of the size of the stencil holes... then that will be a good start. Then, I would add in a few extra ones when you are finished and have taken down the stencil.

Please keep in mind that you DO NOT want to try to put in as many as I do. It will be way too easy to screw it up. Put in a few extra stars from what the stencil has, charge the paint, turn out the lights, sit back and check it out... then see where you might put a few more. But, I really wouldn't go for the look that I create. I use tools that I make myself (for the most part) and I know where to put the stars so they look random... and not evenly spaced.
If you will paint the stencil and then add in a few extras... you will have a nice mural.

The Milky Way is the scary part. It took me years before I would add one to a mural... and then, only because I was begged to do it by a customer. Since then I have added it to all of my murals.

For the beginner, to end up with a nice Milky Way... I would say use the Tooth Brush or sponge that Tom Harness suggested. Again, the way I do the Milky Way is different and too hard to explain here (plus I couldn't because people pay me to teach them)... but if you stick with a tooth brush then you should be fine. I would keep the tooth brush between 6 inches and 10 inches from the ceiling.... and COVER EVERYTHING within a block of the room!!!! You also might want to wear some cheap goggles too. Trust me...

Good luck... and email me if you get stuck.

Jeff

Quote:
Real quick?!?! You wrote a novel!! HAHA!!

Ok, finally got the stencil from Ursa Major. The directions seem very straight forward. The holes seem small already.... So fill them in about half way would you say?? Does the stencil just have the constellations?? When adding more stars, I'm guessing make the dab even smaller than the constellation stars.

Oh... And the Milky Way.... Do you use a tooth brush and splatter it on like the directions say to do??

Sorry for all the questions... Just want to get it right the first time. Tom, I'm sure it was a pain in the arse redoing it.

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page