Star Ceilings... Painted or Fiber optics? - Page 31 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 46Likes
post #901 of 930 Old 03-03-2015, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Yeah, I had plenty of room in my soffit behind my crown, so the bigger fixtures were fine. I was actually tempted to get the dual T5 bulbers to be really bright, but decided against it. It gets plenty bright in there with just the singles, and I don't think its going to need all THAT much to charge them. I'll let you know since Jeff is supposed to be here fri/sat painting... Barring this damn storm they just announced for Wed/Thur of possible 6+ inches of snow...

How big is your crown moulding 5.25 inches or bigger? I'm going to be putting up some lights in my soffit to and worried fixture will be big and stick out. Any pictures?

The STONE HAMMERS sub box build 4-20 @cubic ft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 930 Old 03-04-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyMurals View Post

So, check out the lights at www.SlimFluorescent.com first, then once you've found what you like... either email, or call, Steve and tell him that Jeff from Night Sky Murals referred you. He should then give you a 5% discount
off of the price. Since a few people have already ordered lights, he should be close to offering 10% off soon. Ask him that too. I will follow up as well.

Here's his info...

Steve Winrow
www.SlimFluorescent.com
SWinrow@SavioLighting.com
(508) 875-8818

By the way, I guess that Slim Lighting is part of Savio Lighting.

Please let us know how it goes with them.

Jeff
Damn, I just tried emailing Steve but the address was rejected. Is there still a POC @ Slim Flourescent which would give a discount? The limited links is a pain but it would be easier / cheaper to deal with the limited linking and wire up some additional outlets than to pay twice the price for the Wildfire equipment.

Last edited by damelon; 03-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.
post #903 of 930 Old 03-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
How big is your crown moulding 5.25 inches or bigger? I'm going to be putting up some lights in my soffit to and worried fixture will be big and stick out. Any pictures?
I have a light tray with some baseboard installed on it to make it look like crown. I made sure to leave enough room for LED lights and blacklights.

You can see the overhang I left at:

The Vortex Theater Build

With the fixtures installed:

The Vortex Theater Build

Then installed baseboard vertically on the front:

The Vortex Theater Build
NightSkyMurals likes this.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
post #904 of 930 Old 03-04-2015, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Jeff came by last year. Pics from an iPhone 6+ came out better than I expected.
post #905 of 930 Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I've already told this to Damelon, but for others also interested...

I believe that Steve has moved on to another job, so you'll need to talk with another salesman. Another customer just did that and they gave him 15% off just for mentioning that they were recommended by Jeff at Night Sky Murals and that my customers were offered that deal. So, it's worth a try.

I need to call them tomorrow to try and take care of a customer who received some broken lights, waited over a couple of weeks to contact them and they didn't want to replace them. So, I am going to try to help out. They are usually pretty good about replacing the broken lights.

Something else about these lights (and also the lights from Wildfire) is that they can be connected with a small cable. SlimFluorescents can have 5 connected, Wildfire FX 10.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post
Damn, I just tried emailing Steve but the address was rejected. Is there still a POC @ Slim Flourescent which would give a discount? The limited links is a pain but it would be easier / cheaper to deal with the limited linking and wire up some additional outlets than to pay twice the price for the Wildfire equipment.
post #906 of 930 Old 03-04-2015, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Something I thought might be good to mention in case others have similar problems.

I received a call about 6 months ago from a guy I painted for (a little over a year ago) during his build. I finished painting, showed him the mural and said good-bye (it was about 2 AM). He didn't have black lights of his own yet, but when he finally bought some and put them in his soffit, he fired them up, anxious to see the mural again. He left them on for an hour (10-15 minutes is all that's needed), turned them off and... nothing. He saw only a few stars. HE tried again, leaving the lights on all day. Nothing.

He called and told me that the mural just wasn't charging. We discussed things that he might want to try out to see if he could get the murals to charge up. None of them worked. I was at a loss. I told him that when I was on the east coast again I would run out to his house and see what I could figure out... and if it just wasn't charging, I'd repaint his ceiling (large ceiling).

I got there last night at about 11 PM and there were a lot of lights, from his equipment, lit up... which we turned off. He'd had his 10-12, 48" black lights on all day charging the paint... and I was anxious to see what was up with the mural. Well, we turned out all of the lights and.. nothing. I saw about 20 stars, out of maybe 5000 stars. I couldn't understand why the paint wasn't charging... even the paint that was about 12" above the lights.

Then it hit me.... and the point of this post.

Usually the tube black lights come with a clear plastic shield (can't think of the name right now) to protect the light from getting hit and breaking. In normal situations the cover is left on, but I have found that most of those covers will block the light that charges the paint. It lets some of the light out, but it seems to block most of it. The light that I carry with me when I travel has the cover removed for that very purpose.

OK, so I asked him if the covers were still on the light, which they were... so I got up into the soffit, removed the cover from one light and then we did a test. We turned on the black lights for about two minutes. But, even during those two minutes we could see a difference in the paint on the ceiling. It was fluorescing around that light, and no others. When the lights were turned off... around that light that had it's cover removed... the paint was charged us as it should have been.

We removed the rest of the covers, turned the black lights back on for a few more minutes, turned them off and the mural was glowing as it did the night it was painted.

Relief set it to both of us.

So, if you have black lights that still have the plastic cover over the lights... try taking them off and see if the mural charges up any differently.

If you are about to install black lights... be sure to take the covers off.

I should have remembered that, when giving him options to try... but after taking a couple of hour drive out to his house, I doubt I will forget again if I get another call about the paint not charging.

Jeff
post #907 of 930 Old 03-08-2015, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought I would add something to help people with an easy (and cheap) way to charge their ceiling. Jeff came on Friday to do the ceiling in my theater. I am hoping to have pictures up in my thread soon and I will post here when I do, but needless to say it is beautiful and my wife and friends were amazed by it. When Jeff was wrapping up, he mentioned that due to the small gap in my soffit, it is possible that the Black lights there won't reach the center of my ceiling. Hard to tell until I install them! So he mentioned that I look into a UV cannon maybe to hit the center of the ceiling. Well, I looked... there were basically two kinds. The ones that Wildfire FX sells, for $2,500, which wasn't going to happen, and the ones on amazon. Research showed that the ones on amazon are in the 400nm range, and that they also take 10 minutes to warm up (like stadium lighting). Instead I went with the American DJ UV Panel HD. It was about $200 but it is incredible. It comes with 4 dual UV Tubes, which will display down into the 375nm range or so (Being tubes) but it also warms up immediately and was around $200. I ordered it Friday, amazon delivered it this morning (Sunday Morning!!!) Let me say that this thing is amazing!!! It charged my whole ceiling by itself (Just propped it up on the edge of my stage at an angle and left for 10 minutes), and VERY well. Granted, the soffits will be built in and look better for pictures, but for just charging, this is a great piece of gear! (Packaged well too) So I thought I'd share my experience, because if you don't want to do soffit lighting (or have coverage issues), this will work by itself and hands free too.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Panel...an+dj+uv+panel

I'd also recommend downloading the .mp3 of this ambient space music to put in the background of a dark room, it really enhances the experience! (Use www.clipconverter.cc for direct mp3 conversion download)

NightSkyMurals and dabsabre like this.

Last edited by damelon; 03-08-2015 at 09:12 AM.
post #908 of 930 Old 03-08-2015, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Great suggestion on the light! I've had that light and it's awesome.

Also, good call on the music!

Thanks!!!

Jeff
post #909 of 930 Old 03-08-2015, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is a quick "black lit" preview of the beautiful mural Jeff did. My photography skills are horrible (The first time I ever had to change a setting on a camera was today) but I will try to get a friend to help with that in the near future.

post #910 of 930 Old 03-08-2015, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post
Here is another one of the rear view...

Love it man. Tell us how many , how big, and where you put the black light tubes
post #911 of 930 Old 03-08-2015, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBabs View Post
Love it man. Tell us how many , how big, and where you put the black light tubes
Its about 10'X13'. I bourght 10 4ft, and 2' blacklights from slimflorescent.com. Those connect (similar to Legos) from end to end... I ended up buying more than originally planned due to the fact that they connect like that. As you see in the photo, its FULL coverage, darn near to the inch. Had gaps in my previous theater black light array, full coverage looks amazing. You can see in the photo, the soffit also has a light tray which holds the black lights and rope light around the vicinity of the ceiling. My crown molding is still being custom built, so more pictures to come. I'm glad you like it. I read your interested in the mural stencil? Your in for a treat, just dont skimp on the blacklights, if you dont have a light tray like many of us, make sure and buy a real good BRIGHT floor light to charge the mural. Good luck!

For what its worth, the base color of the ceiling is flat orange. Gives it a cool sunset mural look. After the crown molding goes up, rope light will be soon after. So again, more pics to come of that.

Last edited by xzener; 03-08-2015 at 11:38 PM.
post #912 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Its about 10'X13'. I bourght 10 4ft, and 2' blacklights from slimflorescent.com. Those connect (similar to Legos) from end to end... I ended up buying more than originally planned due to the fact that they connect like that. As you see in the photo, its FULL coverage, darn near to the inch. Had gaps in my previous theater black light array, full coverage looks amazing. You can see in the photo, the soffit also has a light tray which holds the black lights and rope light around the vicinity of the ceiling. My crown molding is still being custom built, so more pictures to come. I'm glad you like it. I read your interested in the mural stencil? Your in for a treat, just dont skimp on the blacklights, if you dont have a light tray like many of us, make sure and buy a real good BRIGHT floor light to charge the mural. Good luck!

For what its worth, the base color of the ceiling is flat orange. Gives it a cool sunset mural look. After the crown molding goes up, rope light will be soon after. So again, more pics to come of that.

I never thought about painting to simulate sky or sunset colors. Your room looks really fantastic xzener!
im having a hard time visualizing where you have your lights? do you have trays that jet out from the soffits? then you are going to trim them with crown additionally? Nice!

so are your slimfluorescents similar to these??
http://www.slimfluorescent.com/
http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Slim-L...specifications

what is the difference? I dont know I can fit these in the 5" crown I had planned on adding to my 12" low soffits

last question xzener, are the blacklights simply to charge the paint, or do you keep them on to enhance the glow also?

thanks for sharing. congrats on an amazing room!
post #913 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hi DrBabs...

I don't mean to just jump in on your conversation with xzener, but...

Quote:

Those lights look very similar to what SlimFluorescent.com sells, except that you can link 10 together with the Home Depot lights (that's nice). Something to think about, too, is that, unless you want to have the white fluorescent lights around your room to charge up your paint... you will need to replace all of those lights with black lights. That's exactly what I did for the light that I carry around with me... I got a smaller "under cabinet" light and replaced the bulb. It works fine.

Quote:
last question xzener, are the blacklights simply to charge the paint, or do you keep them on to enhance the glow also?
As for charging or enhancing the glow... the white fluorescents will charge just as well as the black lights, but besides working much better at keeping the room dark, the black lights will also cause the paint that I use to fluoresce. So, if you want to see stars during the movie, you can turn on the black lights and depending on how low the lights are, and how much light hits the paint... you will either see a handful, or a couple hundred (out of thousands).

It sounds like you have a soffit that is close to the ceiling. That isn't a deal breaker (I just painted two similar rooms this past week. If you look up a couple of posts from this one... you will see what one of them did to help out the center of his room (the other customer is getting the same light).

It isn't always practical to have a soffit that comes down 18"-24" from the ceiling (or have a soffit at all), and in those cases, there are other options that will help get the stars charged up.

OK, I'll turn this back over to xzener if he wants to answer anything.

OH... something that you will want to do, with whatever lights you get... and that is to remove that plastic, protective, cover from the lights. They will charge the ceiling much better.

Jeff
dabsabre likes this.
post #914 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi DrBabs...

Those lights look very similar to what SlimFluorescent.com sells, except that you can link 10 together with the Home Depot lights (that's nice). Something to think about, too, is that, unless you want to have the white fluorescent lights around your room to charge up your paint... you will need to replace all of those lights with black lights. That's exactly what I did for the light that I carry around with me... I got a smaller "under cabinet" light and replaced the bulb. It works fine.
Actually you are comparing apples to oranges. The SlimFlourescent.com bulbs which are 22.5" can link 10 bulbs together (Those Home Depot Bulbs are 23") You become limited to 5 when you jump up to the 34.5" or 46.25 lengths. So they basically link the same total lengths, but the ones linked at home depot were 23" (And the largest size offered by GE there)
post #915 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You see... when it gets technical, I just need to learn to stay out of it!

Jeff

Quote:
Actually you are comparing apples to oranges. The SlimFlourescent.com bulbs which are 22.5" can link 10 bulbs together (Those Home Depot Bulbs are 23") You become limited to 5 when you jump up to the 34.5" or 46.25 lengths. So they basically link the same total lengths, but the ones linked at home depot were 23" (And the largest size offered by GE there)
damelon likes this.
post #916 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Damelon,
I see the GE, but I was thinking of the lithonia model . I hope this is the correct link. t5 3' 1 lamp strip
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-...1-LP/100654392

this comes in 2 and 3' units and is pretty slim also. I got a few to try out and they are basically 1/2" wider and taller than the slimfluorescent ones. I cannot tell, however, if they can be linked together. I opened a box and it is all "hard-wire" stuff. no plugs or connectors.
post #917 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Damelon,
I see the GE, but I was thinking of the lithonia model . I hope this is the correct link. t5 3' 1 lamp strip
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-...1-LP/100654392

this comes in 2 and 3' units and is pretty slim also. I got a few to try out and they are basically 1/2" wider and taller than the slimfluorescent ones. I cannot tell, however, if they can be linked together. I opened a box and it is all "hard-wire" stuff. no plugs or connectors.
Hard to tell. Usually the linking goes hand-in-hand with them having a plug. If the hardwire is just a pigtail sticking out of it, then technically you can wire a "link" together when you connect the power to the unit, a "T" splice. Then it just depends on the total load of the wire you use itself. I'm not sure what kind of code implications that has though.
post #918 of 930 Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
I never thought about painting to simulate sky or sunset colors. Your room looks really fantastic xzener!
im having a hard time visualizing where you have your lights? do you have trays that jet out from the soffits? then you are going to trim them with crown additionally? Nice!

so are your slimfluorescents similar to these??
http://www.slimfluorescent.com/
http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Slim-L...specifications

what is the difference? I dont know I can fit these in the 5" crown I had planned on adding to my 12" low soffits

thanks for sharing. congrats on an amazing room!
DrBabs,

Hello again. I have taken some pictures to show my soffit/ black light setup. As you can see in the pictures, there is practically no space in between fixtures. The slimflorescence.com fixtures are amazing. I highly recommend them... But yes, make sure the plastic cover is off. You don't want to hinder the UV rays at all. Just 10min, and my entire night sky is charged.

I use both charged and black lights on in my room. Both look great. But during a movie, like Jeff has stated, you see a few stars out of the 1000+ stars up there, whether the blacklights are on or off. With the black lights off, I can see the constellations mostly.

Jeff has also mentioned the size of soffit. My soffit light tray comes down 10" from the ceiling, and out only 5". This is ONLY because of the size of the room. I have a smaller room, thus a smaller light tray for black lights and rope light.

Hope this answers your questions.

dabsabre likes this.
post #919 of 930 Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
DrBabs,

Hello again. I have taken some pictures to show my soffit/ black light setup. As you can see in the pictures, there is practically no space in between fixtures. The slimflorescence.com fixtures are amazing. I highly recommend them... But yes, make sure the plastic cover is off. You don't want to hinder the UV rays at all. Just 10min, and my entire night sky is charged.

I use both charged and black lights on in my room. Both look great. But during a movie, like Jeff has stated, you see a few stars out of the 1000+ stars up there, whether the blacklights are on or off. With the black lights off, I can see the constellations mostly.

Jeff has also mentioned the size of soffit. My soffit light tray comes down 10" from the ceiling, and out only 5". This is ONLY because of the size of the room. I have a smaller room, thus a smaller light tray for black lights and rope light.

Hope this answers your questions.

Yeah that is much more conducive to charging the ceiling. A lot people put crown along the insides of their soffit for looks, and that cuts down a lot on the height gap that light can emit through. In your case you will get a lot more light throw on your ceiling, which is beneficial for lighting a star ceiling. Most of the time the rope light is just for general indirect light and effect and doesn't actually perform a function.
post #920 of 930 Old 03-10-2015, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've already told this to Damelon, but for others also interested...

I believe that Steve has moved on to another job, so you'll need to talk with another salesman. Another customer just did that and they gave him 15% off just for mentioning that they were recommended by Jeff at Night Sky Murals and that my customers were offered that deal. So, it's worth a try.
By the way, I wanted to confirm that I received the 15% discount there as well, so if you order from this site (slimflourescent.com) you should do this for sure!
post #921 of 930 Old 03-14-2015, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
jeff came by wednesday to do my ceiling and all i can says is, it's stunning. he's work is precise and detailed and we all love the room. i was a tad nervous as he had some obstacles since i have acoustic treatment on the ceiling but he was able to work with it and i'm glad he came out. theres so much depth and detail in his paintings, it leaves you in awe. once we were allowed in the room, we just stood there mesmerized by the mural, and have done so many times in the past two days since he's finished. i highly recommend anyone who wants one to email jeff. thank you so much jeff!

heres a pic of what he had to conquer, i'll try to get an after pic but i cant make any promises.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p5.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	601753  
post #922 of 930 Old 03-14-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I said I'd post some more recent pictures of the star ceiling. These came out better. Going to try to work to diffuse that purple tint from the black light.

Here is the link to the post in my thread since I don't want to re-post photos in several threads.

Star Mural Pictures - Bacon Race

Jeff is amazing!

Last edited by damelon; 03-14-2015 at 11:30 AM.
post #923 of 930 Old 03-14-2015, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post
jeff came by wednesday to do my ceiling and all i can says is, it's stunning. he's work is precise and detailed and we all love the room. i was a tad nervous as he had some obstacles since i have acoustic treatment on the ceiling but he was able to work with it and i'm glad he came out. theres so much depth and detail in his paintings, it leaves you in awe. once we were allowed in the room, we just stood there mesmerized by the mural, and have done so many times in the past two days since he's finished. i highly recommend anyone who wants one to email jeff. thank you so much jeff!

heres a pic of what he had to conquer, i'll try to get an after pic but i cant make any promises.

That will have a very interesting effect with all of the different elevations in that ceiling!
post #924 of 930 Old 03-14-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
That will have a very interesting effect with all of the different elevations in that ceiling!
yea. i was nervous at first if it would work. jeff can correct me but i think he said he's only done one ceiling like that before and every ceiling is different, so we didn't know how it would turn out until it was finished. but once the blacklights are off you cant tell the difference, they all blend nicely.
post #925 of 930 Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Odd Development. Had not heard from Savio/Slim Flourescent in a while so contacted them regarding my order. They lost it... or they said UPS lost it. Then on top of that I noticed my credit card was charged for the full amount of the order (sans discount) So emailed support and asked why I didn't receive my discount. Their response was "What discount?" So I told them again and they said "We don't know who this Jeff guy is and we have never heard of Night Sky Murals and no one would ever give you a referral discount like that!". So I ended up cancelling my order with them.
post #926 of 930 Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Jeff did my game-room ceiling a few years ago. We don't use that room as much as some others. I wish I had done a star ceiling plan for my bedroom with built in recessed fluorescent lighting. It would be really nice to have that ceiling in the bedroom above our heads where we will notice it the most.

having black lights charging the ceiling that are on most of the time would be a nice way to be sure the ceiling is always "ready" to see.

Blazar!
post #927 of 930 Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Odd Development. Had not heard from Savio/Slim Flourescent in a while so contacted them regarding my order. They lost it... or they said UPS lost it. Then on top of that I noticed my credit card was charged for the full amount of the order (sans discount) So emailed support and asked why I didn't receive my discount. Their response was "What discount?" So I told them again and they said "We don't know who this Jeff guy is and we have never heard of Night Sky Murals and no one would ever give you a referral discount like that!". So I ended up cancelling my order with them.
wow dont think i've heard of crappy service like that from anyone. that amazon light working well enough?
post #928 of 930 Unread Today, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post
wow dont think i've heard of crappy service like that from anyone. that amazon light working well enough?
I know! Any time I get customer service that bad I always ask for a refund or never give them business again. I found cheaper alternatives anyway.

Yeah, that light from amazon is awesome, it is just huge.
post #929 of 930 Unread Today, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
I know! Any time I get customer service that bad I always ask for a refund or never give them business again. I found cheaper alternatives anyway.

Yeah, that light from amazon is awesome, it is just huge.

Please share the cheaper alternatives that you've found. I'm going to be researching this purchase sometime in the near future.. would love to see what you have lined up. So far it seems like the Amazon 48" lights are the best deal, but don't seem to be linkable, so I'd have to install multiple power outlets up in the soffit trays.
post #930 of 930 Unread Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikon View Post
Please share the cheaper alternatives that you've found. I'm going to be researching this purchase sometime in the near future.. would love to see what you have lined up. So far it seems like the Amazon 48" lights are the best deal, but don't seem to be linkable, so I'd have to install multiple power outlets up in the soffit trays.
I ended up ordering the fixtures from Pegasus Lighting (The 47" and 35.5" housings, which are the 46" 28 Watt Bulbs and 34" 21 Watt Bulbs - T5) Make sure that before you buy anything there that you notice the size and wattage of the fixtures as some might not match the bulbs I'll link. Also, they come with white bulbs by default. They are also linkable in the same way most are.

Keep in mind that this site usually always has coupon codes available, just google them. In my order, I had free shipping automatically and a $20 coupon.

http://www.pegasuslighting.com/t5-lo...-fixtures.html

Then I ordered F28T5BLB 46-inch 28 watt T5 Blacklight Fluorescent Tubes and F21T5BLB 34-inch 21 watt T5 Blacklight Fluorescent Tubes from Blacklight.com

They match the wattage and bulb lengths/diameters that are sold as normal bulbs for T5 fixtures as pegasus lighting. They are also 365nm bulbs. They also have coupon codes and shipping deals available regularly. In this case I had free shipping + 10% off.

In the end, the total cost ended up being about the same as it would have been if I had received the discount from slimfluorescent.com, but it was $115 cheaper than what their listed prices were for me. In the end it is probably better as I have ordered from Pegasus before, and blacklight.com is more of a known entity too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page