Star Ceilings... Painted or Fiber optics? - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 131Likes

post #1291 of 1292 Old 10-20-2017, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 56
For those wanting a mural painted, want to do one yourself with a. stencil guide... or free handed, here is something that you might consider. If you have side walls that are 10" or more (possibly down to a soffit)... then you might want to consider painting the side walls too. It really opens up the ceiling and makes the room look larger. A night sky on the ceiling only is beautiful... but this will just create another dimension to your ceiling. (For the record... this picture had to be slightly overexposed to be able to show more stars. When standing in the actual room, the mural is much more realistic)

I just painted this ceiling on my last trip.

If you're doing your own ceiling... then just tape off where the ceiling and walls meet (about 2" - 4" on the ceiling and 2" - 4" on the walls, under the ceiling.... and then the same down the walls at each corner. If you have a long wall... then consider taping off one or two more areas to divide the long wall). After painting and after you remove the tape... then ceiling and walls will look like windows.

Good luck if you are wanting to do your own. Shoot me an email with questions if you'd like.

Jeff

Last edited by NightSkyMurals; Yesterday at 10:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1292 Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Here're a couple of pictures of the new UV LED lights that I finally found. These are installed in a theater that I painted a couple of weeks ago.

[IMG]NC Theater ceiling 2 by Jeff, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]NC Theater ceiling 3 by Jeff, on Flickr[/IMG]

And then this picture is once the lights are off with the projector on, and close to the ceiling...

[IMG]NC Theater ceiling by Jeff, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgo10000 View Post
Any update on the UV LEDs? I want to do something like this but not sure their size and cost and I know most LEDs haven't worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page