"Xzener's Dedicated Theater" Construction Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 322 Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 PM

Location: Based in Salt Lake City, UT... but most of my work is done all over the USA and Canada. I cover all areas.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Nice article.... You have done a little but since I was there. Very cool. Good work! Congrats on getting featured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Hey guys!

My theater room has been featured on INSANEHTPC. Head on over and check it out.

Xzener

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hairs On Neck... Please Stand!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 322 Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Nice article! Congrats!
post #303 of 322 Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thanks guys!

Gamertag:
post #304 of 322 Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 AM

Location: Based in Salt Lake City, UT... but most of my work is done all over the USA and Canada. I cover all areas.
Hey, I hope you don't mind... but I am going to put this article, or a link to it on my website. Email me if you don't want me to (which I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't)... but again, that was a great piece on your room. It brought back memories. I was like Pavlov's Dog when I saw that ceiling.... and my mouth started salivating for RIBEYE!!!!! :-)

Jeff
Night Sky Murals

Quote:

Thanks guys!

post #305 of 322 Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyMurals View Post

Hey, I hope you don't mind... but I am going to put this article, or a link to it on my website. Email me if you don't want me to (which I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't)... but again, that was a great piece on your room. It brought back memories. I was like Pavlov's Dog when I saw that ceiling.... and my mouth started salivating for RIBEYE!!!!! :-)

Jeff
Night Sky Murals

From the article:

"Jason came across a threat at AVSForum by Jeff from Night Sky Murals"

Might want to ask them to correct their typo - I'm sure you didn't threaten anyone...
post #306 of 322 Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 AM

I saw that too and had a good laugh. I'll have to go back through all the post... but, you're right, I don't think I threatened anyone. :-)

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpaw View Post

From the article:

"Jason came across a threat at AVSForum by Jeff from Night Sky Murals"

Might want to ask them to correct their typo - I'm sure you didn't threaten anyone...

post #307 of 322 Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Threat?? LOL... I didnt notice that.

@Jeff- Please do, I would love to be featured on your website too... even if it is just a link to the article. By the way... did you already come through California?? I missed your comment until tonight. You are more than welcome to stop by, Im always looking for reasons to BBQ.

Gamertag:
post #308 of 322 Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 AM

@Jason... (I'm using Jason now because it's in the article, plus it's easier to spell. :-)

No... I am doing so remodeling here at home to try and make better room for my father who is living with us, so that has slowed me down somewhat. Plus, I am getting ready to build an office in the back yard... AWAY FROM THE FAMILY, so that I can hopefully get them to realize that when I am in the "office" I am just like other dads who are at work and can't always be asked to do things right then.

Anyway, I haven't been out yet. I was trying to work it to be able to take my youngest daughter with me and hit Disneyland, like I did last month with 3 of my other kids... but now that schools are letting out, you won't find me anywhere close to Disneyland. The redwoods maybe, but not a theme park.

But, if I am going to be out near you... I will let you know and maybe we can meet up. I always love the roadside stands with the fruits and things in the valley.... so watch for an email.

I thought I already put the article in the blog, but don't see it there. But, check back if you want... and I will have it there soon. Otherwise, email me and remind me. Here's a link to where it will be... http://www.nightskymurals.com/blog/

Jeff
Night Sky Murals

Quote:

Threat?? LOL... I didnt notice that.

@Jeff- Please do, I would love to be featured on your website too... even if it is just a link to the article. By the way... did you already come through California?? I missed your comment until tonight. You are more than welcome to stop by, Im always looking for reasons to BBQ.

post #309 of 322 Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Lost interest in Battlefield 3... stopped smoking... had to find another hobby/addiction... Insert Amulet Kinect, Event Ghost and a USB-UIRT. What do you get??

Complete voice controlled home theater

Chef (From Media Browser Community Tracker) and I have spent the last month, configuring Amulet Kinect to control MCE and Media Browser using voice control. I've always wanted to buy a USB-UIRT (A device used to capture/ transmit IR signals) but never had a real use for it until now. After playing around with Amulet Kinect, I felt we could take it a step further and control lighting and AV equipment using Amulet Kinect with a USB-UIRT. Well, weeks of trial end error have paid off. I now have complete control of my home theater using just my voice.

Here is a video showing me controlling Media Browser using Amulet Kinect...

I will record and upload a new video showing the home automation aspect of it too, we just got it working today.

Gamertag:
post #310 of 322 Old 11-17-2012, 10:25 PM

very very nice thread, just went through the whole thing smile.gif.

love your setup
post #311 of 322 Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post

very very nice thread, just went through the whole thing smile.gif.
love your setup

Thank you fventura03!!

Gamertag:
post #312 of 322 Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

"Now Showing in 3D!" I'm pleased to announce my theater is officially 3D capable. Tuesday cant come soon enough... I still dont have my glasses yet. Bluray 3D ISO is still an issue on my network, need to figure out why my network is limited to 11MB/s?? Bluray 3D folder rips work well... Although the file size is over 80gigs!!!

Here is a picture of my new Media Browser 3D Movies EHS backdrop. Hope you like it.

Gamertag:
post #313 of 322 Old 11-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Jzc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

"Now Showing in 3D!"3D ISO is still an issue on my network, need to figure out why my network is limited to 11MB/s??

Sounds like somewhere on the network, it's 100mbit/sec.

Jzc
post #314 of 322 Old 11-18-2012, 06:47 PM

Liked: 11
i'm really intrigued by the voice control

that seems really awesome
post #315 of 322 Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Ok voice control is really awesome!

Not that I have contributed anything particularly great to the forum, but I have been thinking lately that it has been a while since I have seen something cool and different!

Well you did it! I hope that maybe you will find some time to create a guide for setting the voice control up!

post #316 of 322 Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 PM

Hey, great thread. I've really been thinking about building a home theater pc but I have to admit, I don't really know a whole lot about what all is needed. I was hoping with your advice maybe I could just mirror what you have. Would you happen to have a list of the things you purchased for your home computer or was everything pictured earlier all you needed? Would you do or buy anything different if you did it all over again? Just looking from some freindly advice from one fellow HT lover to another. Like yourself, I use mine almost daily and I'm always looking for ways to improve my HT.
post #317 of 322 Old 11-21-2012, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks everyone! More to come with the voice control, we come up with cool new methods of controlling our HTPC... I have a hard time keeping up. We have a thread over at the Media Browser Community Tracker... Chef (voice control guru) has a DIY tutorial set up.

Newbtoht,

The only thing missing from my recent HTPC build was the hard drives I installed. I basically took them out of my old PC and slapped them into this one... 3TB worth. I think the one thing I would change is type of OS hard drive. SSD is becoming more and more popular, and cheaper too. Id really like to see the performance difference. Especially with Media Browser and large movie collections. Good luck with your build.

Gamertag:
post #318 of 322 Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzc View Post

Sounds like somewhere on the network, it's 100mbit/sec.
Jzc

Jzc,

I ran a couple Bluray 3D ISOs yesterday while setting my 3D projector. The stutter seemed nonexistant... Not sure why it was working better. I will continue to test my network today after I put my theater back together.

Gamertag:
post #319 of 322 Old 11-25-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

No, stuttering still present.

Tore apart my network and tested EVERYTHING. Turns out, it was the CAT5e cable running from the server to the theater room (through the attic). After examining both ends, it looked as though there were a couple wires touching causing cross talk. I replaced the end and now have 85mb/s speeds as opposed to the measly 11mb/s I had originally. I should now have no problem streaming Bluray 3D ISOs over my network.

Gamertag:
post #320 of 322 Old 12-02-2012, 01:38 AM

Liked: 11
Wow, That voice command is great. I've never heard of anyone using anything like that. I just looked it up and the programs free. Was it a simple task to get it going? Also check your PM's I have another question. Thanks

Adam
post #321 of 322 Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

My custom movie posters came in from Spoonflower.com. They look AMAZING!!! I showed my son the Star Wars Episode V poster... Instead of having it in the theater room, had just had to have it in his room. So, I went ahead and attached it to a frame for him. My acoustic panels wont be here until next week, so the others will have to wait.

I hung it in the theater room and took a picture, what do you guys think??

How did you stretch the fabric?
post #322 of 322 Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Did I see a drum set in your theater?

Does your drum set vibrate and cause noise from the bass in loud movies ??

(Mine does)

And thus it was removed.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page