Cyclone Cinema Build - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
GWCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 38
That is excellent work! Your "guinea pig" project looks 1000 times better than any bags game I have seen for purchase. Very well done!
GWCR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
thestoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Very nice looking boards. I've thrown probably 500,000 corn hole bags in my time and looking at the build specs of that set my recommendation is to have lots of arc! Those beauties look slick!

-
My Theater Build

Equipment List: Denon X5200, Epson 6030, 120" Carada cinemascope screen, Panamorph U480, Oppo-103, Emotiva XPA-5, SVS PB12-NSD, LSA Statement LCR & surround speakers, Def Tech ProCinema 1000 rears, DefTech DI5.5R Atmos overheads, Grafik Eye 3106
thestoneman is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NickTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 2,139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 159
You're missing some obvious decals
NickTheGreat is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brausch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyclone State
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCR View Post
That is excellent work! Your "guinea pig" project looks 1000 times better than any bags game I have seen for purchase. Very well done!
Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestoneman View Post
Very nice looking boards. I've thrown probably 500,000 corn hole bags in my time and looking at the build specs of that set my recommendation is to have lots of arc! Those beauties look slick!
Thanks, they are somewhat slick - but not as bad as I expected. I was going to rub a coat of paste wax over them, but that would have made them way too slick (even though it would have made them look nicer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
You're missing some obvious decals
My old set had a hand painted tornado cy logo. I thought about doing an I-State inlay on the boards, but I am SURE I would have messed that up.
brausch is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Brian,
I agree those are some beautiful bags boards - well done. I have to ask, I assume you are a regular tailgater for ISU football games?
cuzed2 is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brausch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyclone State
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post
Brian,
I agree those are some beautiful bags boards - well done. I have to ask, I assume you are a regular tailgater for ISU football games?
Thanks.

We are definitely regular tailgaters - pretty dedicated. If you are ever attending a game, let me know - I will be sure to have a few cold beers ready with your name on them.
brausch is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
thrillcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by brausch View Post
Thanks.

We are definitely regular tailgaters - pretty dedicated. If you are ever attending a game, let me know - I will be sure to have a few cold beers ready with your name on them.
What lot? Still not sure where I'm going to end up this year. Was always in S4, hoping to stay in S5.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
thrillcat is online now  
Old 06-09-2015, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brausch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyclone State
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post
What lot? Still not sure where I'm going to end up this year. Was always in S4, hoping to stay in S5.

We always request G7 (the donor grass lot). Fast & easy to get in and out - and we are always there early enough to park along the front gravel road. I can also stake my tent down well during those really windy days we have had the past few years.

It's looking like this fall is going to turn into more of a tailgating season than a football season...my expectations are pretty low at the moment.

That new south endzone should sure look nice though!
brausch is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
thrillcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by brausch View Post
We always request G7 (the donor grass lot). Fast & easy to get in and out - and we are always there early enough to park along the front gravel road. I can also stake my tent down well during those really windy days we have had the past few years.

It's looking like this fall is going to turn into more of a tailgating season than a football season...my expectations are pretty low at the moment.

That new south endzone should sure look nice though!
I have low expectations as well, but just staying healthy should allow us to improve over last year.

We've always loved S5, we get in early enough that we back up against the strip of grass right by the light at S16th and University. Paved parking, grass for relaxing, close for the halftime quickie, and ultra-quick out. But that donation went up 5x this year, so I'm hoping I can get in to the next one over, same advantages.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
thrillcat is online now  
Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NickTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 2,139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 159
G7 has a good mix of younger people (but not the idiots in the student lots) and more 'seasoned' fans.

I think it sucks to get out of, but that's usually because I'm mad after most home games . . .
brausch and thrillcat like this.
NickTheGreat is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
thrillcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

I think it sucks to get out of, but that's usually because I'm mad after most home games . . .
Funny, I'm also mad after most away games, too.
brausch and NickTheGreat like this.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
thrillcat is online now  
Old 06-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
thrillcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Perhaps we should attempt an AVS Tailgate this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kjlewie likes this.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
thrillcat is online now  
Old 06-09-2015, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brausch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyclone State
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post
Perhaps we should attempt an AVS Tailgate this season.
I can get on board with that idea.
brausch is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by brausch View Post
Thanks.

We are definitely regular tailgaters - pretty dedicated. If you are ever attending a game, let me know - I will be sure to have a few cold beers ready with your name on them.
Brian,
Excellent - hope to take you up on that.
Last year we did only one game and were parked across the creek at G4. Not sure which game(s) we will pick this year. I will check back here on your thread when we get close and see how many AVSrs might be attending.

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
cuzed2 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off