Mark's From the Ground up Cinema Build - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 410 Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just went through this whole thread and all I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing house and HT. It is my dream to one day have something like that. Impressive stuff sir, very impressive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 410 Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher6490 View Post

I just went through this whole thread and all I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing house and HT. It is my dream to one day have something like that. Impressive stuff sir, very impressive!

Thank you so much. We are really enjoying the theater room. We watch a movies no less than 5 nights a week and sometimes 7. According to my wife not all of the movies I watch are blockbusters wink.gif I will lower my standards just to have a movie on the big screen.biggrin.gif I have a few other plans for the theater room but according to my wife I am taking a financial break.
post #393 of 410 Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Looks like Home Theater as well:
http://www.hometheater.com/content/old-world-meets-high-tech

The MacBeth Theater (flood resilient build)

Play like a Raven

post #394 of 410 Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by design1stcode2nd View Post

Looks like Home Theater as well:
http://www.hometheater.com/content/old-world-meets-high-tech

Wow, thanks for the share. I believe the gal who wrote the article submits to other publications. Very kind of you to let me know about this:D
post #395 of 410 Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Your welcome. When it came across my RSS feed. I was like "Hey I know that theater!"

The MacBeth Theater (flood resilient build)

Play like a Raven

post #396 of 410 Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Here is a pretty cool video of the audio/video system in the 1941 Willys. I took this video with my iPhone and I would wish for better quality. I am going to sell the car so trying to put some pictures together. The audio system rocks in this car. I am setting up so along with temporary power we play music videos at car shows. Its really funny how long people will stand behind the car and watch vidoes. smile.gif

post #397 of 410 Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 63
That is pretty cool. I bet that will be hard to part with. It looks like a lot of love (and more than few $$) went into that. Will there be another project coming down the pike?

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
post #398 of 410 Old 12-29-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post

That is pretty cool. I bet that will be hard to part with. It looks like a lot of love (and more than few $$) went into that. Will there be another project coming down the pike?

Yes it is but for me the fun is the build. We have quite a few projects going on right now. 64 chevelle, 66 Suburban, and just finished a frame off rotisserie on a 68 Camaro. Starting a 70 Chevelle in 3 weeks. I have a forum over on Garage Journal with about 450,000 views so far. If you like cars and garages check it out and click on the link below.

MARK'S MONSTER GARAGE

Hope you enjoy it.
post #399 of 410 Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am here today to post the winner of the long distance award for my theater. I received a call from Jimmy Vikarby a few months ago and he said his company built home theaters in Stockholm Sweden. He had seen my theater in Electronic House Magazine and right here on the AVS Forum. He said he would be in the US and was going to be visiting some theater rooms and wanted to know if they could come by and check out mine. I was really flattered by the request and told Jimmy I would love to meet him. She showed up this past week with his wife and 3 beautiful daughters. I showed him around, we played a little music and enjoyed a little video on the big screen as well. His company is called "iHouse" home theater solutions. I found out he used iRule as well and did a lot of programming. He showed me some of his work and it was fabulous. If you are in Sweden and want to work with a great guy let me know and I will provide you his contact info.

I also want to point out both Jimmy and I are 6' 5" tall so this might help put my screen into the proper prospective.

post #400 of 410 Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
^^^ Now that is just way too cool!
post #401 of 410 Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO2XS View Post

I also want to point out both Jimmy and I are 6' 5" tall so this might help put my screen into the proper prospective.

It certainly helps putting the speakers in perspective. A waveguide the size of your head!

rumpeli
post #402 of 410 Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 AM

That was some pretty sweet panning in the vid for an iPhone.. beautiful car, I hope the next owner appreciates the work that was put into it..

post #403 of 410 Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezug View Post

^^^ Now that is just way too cool!

yes it was thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpeli View Post

It certainly helps putting the speakers in perspective. A waveguide the size of your head!

rumpeli

Ah ha, a man who knows his Genelec lingo!! Those speakers rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 View Post

That was some pretty sweet panning in the vid for an iPhone.. beautiful car, I hope the next owner appreciates the work that was put into it..

Not bad for my first iphone video movie huh? Thanks for checking it out. I am still marketing the car and hope to find the right owner one day.
post #404 of 410 Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 AM

Awesome Monster Theater Mark! Thanks for the economy tour. Next time I will need to see and hear how it works.

I was hoping to give you a list of equipment I have narrowed it down to, but the two A/V consultants we had this week totally changed my train of thought. One consultant had never heard of Oppo! eek.gif

I started to post questions here to clear up some differences each consultant has. I look forward to your advice and guidance. And, Yes, all the receivers I am considering are all network ready.
post #405 of 410 Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut65 View Post

Awesome Monster Theater Mark! Thanks for the economy tour. Next time I will need to see and hear how it works.

I was hoping to give you a list of equipment I have narrowed it down to, but the two A/V consultants we had this week totally changed my train of thought. One consultant had never heard of Oppo! eek.gif

I started to post questions here to clear up some differences each consultant has. I look forward to your advice and guidance. And, Yes, all the receivers I am considering are all network ready.

Glad to show you around the theater Wingnut. You can get enough information right here on the AVS forum to make all the decisions you need to make. Goodluck!!
post #406 of 410 Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Beautiful theater, this one was done right that's for sure smile.gif
post #407 of 410 Old 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrostatics View Post

Beautiful theater, this one was done right that's for sure smile.gif

thank you for the compliment.....I appreciate it. We enjoy our theater room every night with a movie!!
post #408 of 410 Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 AM

Very cool updates Mark! Good to see you're still on the board occasionally. I will have to check out your garage too. I love it that you're also a gear head. I am more into modifying European cars but it's all the same game. Thanks again for sharing your progress.
post #409 of 410 Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 AM

Hi Mark,
It's been a while since we visited your fantastic home theater and I have to thank you again for your hospitality! It was definitely worth the drive. Your home is truly amazing and the home theater was an experience! We saw a lot of home theater rooms in Florida but yours was the nicest by far! I will take some of your ideas on future home theater builds smile.gif
I hope you will contact us if you're coming our way!

Best Regards
Jimmy
www.iHouse.se
post #410 of 410 Old 04-28-2013, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHouse Sweden View Post

Hi Mark,
It's been a while since we visited your fantastic home theater and I have to thank you again for your hospitality! It was definitely worth the drive. Your home is truly amazing and the home theater was an experience! We saw a lot of home theater rooms in Florida but yours was the nicest by far! I will take some of your ideas on future home theater builds smile.gif
I hope you will contact us if you're coming our way!

Best Regards
Jimmy
www.iHouse.se

Jimmy, thanks so much for the compliment!! We really enjoyed you and your family and your visit. We had to send the amplifier to one of the 1034's back to Genelec the week after you were here. They just notified me they are sending back this week.

We will certainly let you know when we are near you and hope to see you on your next visit to the states! We will keep in touch with Facebook.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page