Home Theater Demo Disc - Version 2.0 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 1684 Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Member
 
marky301067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland. UK.
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalavltd View Post

Thanks for your comments. If I were to stream it from my PC do you think it would play like a disc i.e. menus etc. or would I play single files with a track listing as per the suggestions above. Or is this down to my Denon AVR1611?

I'm not opposed to buying the disc. Problem is I am located in the UK and cant really wait the few weeks it's gonna take to get here. Anyone else on the forum in the UK that would be willing to burn me a disc? I am happy to reward you for your effort.

If you want, I will burn you a couple of discs, if you want to send me a couple of blank blu's


Send me pm, I will reply with my details later on this afternoon.

Cheers

Mark

Receiver: Pioneer SC-LX88 | Power amp: Arcam FMJ P777 | Speakers: | Atmos Speaker set up 5.1.4: Dali Helicon 400 MK2'S | MK2 C200 | Phantom in walls | 4 x Phantom Kompas | Sub: Paradigm Sub1 | Source: OPPO 105D | Proj: JVC 950 | TV: Kuro 500A | Tivo 1TB | Harmony Ultimate | IPad Mini Retina |
marky301067 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 1684 Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 62
So is 2.0 ready for purchase? Where do I send payment to?
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #273 of 1684 Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Member
 
moronoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

So is 2.0 ready for purchase? Where do I send payment to?

Nope, not quite yet...
moronoron is offline  
post #274 of 1684 Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 AM
 
cybrsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailinator View Post

Now that I think about it, I think the only way you're going to get menus is with a disc. Players *could* support mounting USB drives as disc images, but wouldn't because it would encourage piracy. Best case you could play the m2ts files, but good luck figuring out which is which.

A primary reason to own a HTPC. All my BluRays are saved as ISOs to hard drives.
cybrsage is offline  
post #275 of 1684 Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Newbie
 
digitalavltd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by energyfun View Post

If you look back a few pages I posted a file listing the tracks and which m2ts file they correspond to so you (and others) don't have to
greg

Hi Greg,

Were you posting listings for this demo disc? Has this even been released yet? If so can you point them out to me please?

Thanks,
Anton
digitalavltd is offline  
post #276 of 1684 Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Member
 
moronoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalavltd View Post


Hi Greg,

Were you posting listings for this demo disc? Has this even been released yet? If so can you point them out to me please?

Thanks,
Anton

No, because this disc hasn't been released yet. He posted info for the 1st disc which has been out for a while
moronoron is offline  
post #277 of 1684 Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Member
 
mailinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
status update?
mailinator is offline  
post #278 of 1684 Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailinator View Post

status update?

Hit a few more little snags that slowed me down, all have been solved. That and real world work got in the way and I couldn't work on the disc for about a week and a half.

I've made a test disc that has all of the complete menus and navigation wherein all buttons point to the same clip (The THX Clip). The disc is working well. All that is left is to point each button to it's appropriate clip and I'll be done. It's a little more complicated than I just made it sound but regardless I'm very close to completion.

I could have it out this week, but I have to go out of town again for work which means I'm aiming for a release sometime next week. Someone is helping me seed, but will have to wait two to three days once I'm done with the disc for his external drive to get back to him with the disc on it.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #279 of 1684 Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tony123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 4,994
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Bless you Steve!

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
tony123 is offline  
post #280 of 1684 Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post


Hit a few more little snags that slowed me down, all have been solved. That and real world work got in the way and I couldn't work on the disc for about a week and a half.

I've made a test disc that has all of the complete menus and navigation wherein all buttons point to the same clip (The THX Clip). The disc is working well. All that is left is to point each button to it's appropriate clip and I'll be done. It's a little more complicated than I just made it sound but regardless I'm very close to completion.

I could have it out this week, but I have to go out of town again for work which means I'm aiming for a release sometime next week. Someone is helping me seed, but will have to wait two to three days once I'm done with the disc for his external drive to get back to him with the disc on it.

Anyway I can preorder this one Steve? And I would also pay if your wife had another cover insert for the case too. Thanks.
ki11abee is offline  
post #281 of 1684 Old 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Ray**W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This seems like a good place to help out and refresh some information that was provided in the thread for Scuba's first disc.

For folks who 1) want to burn their own BDs and 2) are a little squeamish about creating an expensive coaster, several recommendations for a 3 pack of Sony 50GB/dual sided re-recordable BD blanks were published.

The recommendations were for a person named j-stop in Japan and purchased through ebay. This is a link for the factory sealed package that sells for $44 + $5.95 shipping. He also has a repackaged 3 pack (whatever that means) for $37 w/ free shipping.

I ended up ordering a (factory sealed) 3 pack and they worked great to burn Scuba's 1st disc. To be clear, I am simply a satisfied customer and have no interest in j-stop or his business. Comments in the other thread indicate that several other folks ordered from him and were happy. FWIW.
Ray**W is offline  
post #282 of 1684 Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
globalgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray**W View Post

This seems like a good place to help out and refresh some information that was provided in the thread for Scuba's first disc.

For folks who 1) want to burn their own BDs and 2) are a little squeamish about creating an expensive coaster, several recommendations for a 3 pack of Sony 50GB/dual sided re-recordable BD blanks were published.

The recommendations were for a person named j-stop in Japan and purchased through ebay. This is a link for the factory sealed package that sells for $44 + $5.95 shipping. He also has a repackaged 3 pack (whatever that means) for $37 w/ free shipping.

I ended up ordering a (factory sealed) 3 pack and they worked great to burn Scuba's 1st disc. To be clear, I am simply a satisfied customer and have no interest in j-stop or his business. Comments in the other thread indicate that several other folks ordered from him and were happy. FWIW.

Why in the hell would anyone want to buy them from eBay when you can get a three pack of Verbatim's for $17.50 less on Amazon???

globalgreg is offline  
post #283 of 1684 Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Ray**W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

Why in the hell would anyone want to buy them from eBay when you can get a three pack of Verbatim's for $17.50 less on Amazon???

Looks like you may have read my original post too quickly.

The DVDs information I provided are for re-writable discs that can be erased and used multiple times. The Verbatims you mention are single use, non-rewritable. That's why the Sony's are more expensive.

BTW, single Verbatim 50GB re-writable discs on Amazon are $21.66/ea. ($64.98 for 3).

Amazon also offers the same Sony rewritable 3 pack as the ebay guy, but Amazon's price is $89.98.

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my first post.
Ray**W is offline  
post #284 of 1684 Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
globalgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray**W View Post

Looks like you may have read my original post too quickly.

The DVDs information I provided are for re-writable discs that can be erased and used multiple times. The Verbatims you mention are single use, non-rewritable. That's why the Sony's are more expensive.

BTW, single Verbatim 50GB re-writable discs on Amazon are $21.66/ea. ($64.98 for 3).

Amazon also offers the same Sony rewritable 3 pack as the ebay guy, but Amazon's price is $89.98.

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my first post.

Ahh, yes. Didn't notice they were re-writable. The 3-pack of Verbatims are $26.50, not $64.98. $12.45 for one. See here.

EDIT: sorry, those are single write.

globalgreg is offline  
post #285 of 1684 Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Member
 
mpivovar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
blankmedia.ca is a good site for us canadians for some blank blu rays.
mpivovar is offline  
post #286 of 1684 Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,086
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 982
does anyone on here burn extra's to send to people? I dont have a burner, but would LOVE this disk if someone was willing to let me pay for the disk and labor to burn (add $10 bucks? ) that plus shipping on a standard disk has got to be less that $30-$40

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
post #287 of 1684 Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

does anyone on here burn extra's to send to people? I dont have a burner, but would LOVE this disk if someone was willing to let me pay for the disk and labor to burn (add $10 bucks? ) that plus shipping on a standard disk has got to be less that $30-$40

Just get one from the creator himself for all his hard work!
ki11abee is offline  
post #288 of 1684 Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Member
 
pim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

does anyone on here burn extra's to send to people? I dont have a burner, but would LOVE this disk if someone was willing to let me pay for the disk and labor to burn (add $10 bucks? ) that plus shipping on a standard disk has got to be less that $30-$40

The amount he's asking is not unreasonable. blu-ray burnable disks range from $7-10 EACH online plus shipping, I have not checked in retail stores near me but they're typically more expensive. Add his shipping cost to you plus your suggested $10 labor I could see reaching $30. Are you really haggling over $10?

I find it very rude that right here on the forum thread of the creator you are asking for others to distribute his work instead of just buying the disc from him. If I were a moderator i would consider removing your post (I am not, I do not imagine this violates any particular rule besides perhaps being rude).
pim69 is offline  
post #289 of 1684 Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
globalgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pim69 View Post

The amount he's asking is not unreasonable. blu-ray burnable disks range from $7-10 EACH online plus shipping, I have not checked in retail stores near me but they're typically more expensive. Add his shipping cost to you plus your suggested $10 labor I could see reaching $30. Are you really haggling over $10?

I find it very rude that right here on the forum thread of the creator you are asking for others to distribute his work instead of just buying the disc from him. If I were a moderator i would consider removing your post (I am not, I do not imagine this violates any particular rule besides perhaps being rude).

Agreed, he can afford to put in that nice home theater of his but he can't afford to buy this disc or a Blu-ray burner? What a tight ass.

globalgreg is offline  
post #290 of 1684 Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,765
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 279
In all fairness to beastaudio, he may not be aware that Steve is willing and able to sell the discs directly.
"Now, with the torrent released, I have decided to "sell" copies. It was never my intention to monetize this project, and this is "shaky" ground. I've had so many people PM me to convince me to sell a disc because they don't have a burner or whatever. So I've set up a link where one can order the disc from me, but I've purposefully priced it at a level so as to make it worth my time, considering I have soooooo much time invested (and considering the cost of the disc) and to keep orders manageable. I'm not looking to make any money, in fact I'd be perfectly happy to not sale a single disc, I just want people who don't have a burner or lack the desire to download it, to have another avenue to obtain a copy.
Link to Purchase: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=G7TYX7DK5J37L
Link to Donate to Project: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=Z9QPBNDVCMY64

Regardless if you get a copy from me, or download it, I encourage others to make copies of the disc to share with others."

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #291 of 1684 Old 08-11-2011, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Hit a few more snags. Some of the extracted clips failed to meet BD spec when it ran through final muxing. It has to do with the incredibly finicky 264 format. When I trim clips some of the header information is lost and when it's lost it is flagged as non-spec even though the video itself is to spec.

I have the solution and have repaired 2 clips thus far. Currently muxing to see if there are any other "damaged" clips. Still hoping to release this next week.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #292 of 1684 Old 08-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Member
 
ajgoyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

Hit a few more snags. Some of the extracted clips failed to meet BD spec when it ran through final muxing. It has to do with the incredibly finicky 264 format. When I trim clips some of the header information is lost and when it's lost it is flagged as non-spec even though the video itself is to spec.

I have the solution and have repaired 2 clips thus far. Currently muxing to see if there are any other "damaged" clips. Still hoping to release this next week.


Awesome thanks for the update........

Vincent Hanna: "It keeps me sharp on the edge where I gotta be."
ajgoyt is online now  
post #293 of 1684 Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Member
 
TheSly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We're all hanging on in anticipation Steve. Your huge effort is appreciated.
TheSly is offline  
post #294 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 251
And done....I had hoped to have the disc done on Saturday in time for me to get a copy out to my seeder but alas that did not happen. Nevertheless it is done now and I have checked every button, every popup button, every end of clip return and I feel that this longer-than-should-have-taken project is finally over. Whew!

Plus.... I ran a half marathon on the treadmill yesterday. I'm an overweight 30 year old that has only been running for about two months but felt great when I did my usual long run of 6 to 7 miles that I said what the hell, let's make it 13.1. I'm paying for that today of course but it's a sort of good pain. 2 birds one weekend!!

I should get the torrent up sometime today, as well as the link for ordering the disc from me. My wife is making a webpage for it because she has these new "plus sites" for her business and she wanted practice making a plus site.

Here are the covers (Hi-res copies will be in the torrent)




"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #295 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Member
 
jjoboh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: mass
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
hey scuba
would your wife mind sharing the psd of the labels ? i would slike to splash the bluray logo on the screen maybe she can save one with it on the screen.
thanks
jjoboh is offline  
post #296 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
globalgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Looks awesome. Thank you!

globalgreg is offline  
post #297 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
 
cybrsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Once the seeder has the file, please post a link to it and I will start sharing. I have FiOS 35M/35M service.
cybrsage is offline  
post #298 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoboh View Post

hey scuba
would your wife mind sharing the psd of the labels ? i would slike to splash the bluray logo on the screen maybe she can save one with it on the screen.
thanks

I'll ask here but I don't think it'll be of value. You won't have the font nor her actions installed. She has photoshop configured in a manner that the average person does not so I'm not sure anyone would find the PSD even useful. She has scripts/actions that she has paid for that don't come with CS5.

So I understand correctly, you're interested in seeing the bluray logo on my projection screen in the image?

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #299 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Senior Member
 
tumult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Congrats and thank you for you for all of your time in making the new disc!

tum
tumult is offline  
post #300 of 1684 Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Member
 
CNWDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

And done....

Awesome! Thanks for the great work.

Nitpick - I note "Legnend" on the cover artwork image. Looks entirely wonderful otherwise, and thanks to both you and your wife for your work on this.
CNWDI is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off