Home Theater Demo Disc - Version 2.0 - Page 45 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 43  44  45 46  47  ... Last
Dedicated Theater Design & Construction > Home Theater Demo Disc - Version 2.0
Technosponge's Avatar Technosponge 08:05 AM 04-26-2012
I'm turning mine back on now to seed.

Bitten by HT's Avatar Bitten by HT 10:35 AM 05-02-2012
My experience so far (just so you know you're not going crazy !)

-the torrent download took about 9 days. It wasn't on constantly and at times the download was at a grind of 10 kb/sec. The max download speed I got was 200 kb/sec.

-I couldn't find anyone online to burn a bluray disc for me so I bought a $179 LG external burner at Best Buy. I plan to burn more now !

-I bought a 5-pack of bluray discs 25 GB each. Tried to burn it but the torrent download was 42 GB.

-Had to go back and buy a 50 GB disk for $14.

-Used IMGburn and at the end, the disk ejected and I got a message telling me that I need to close the carriage and push "OK" and it looked like the entire burn process started over again....I thought this would turn out to be a problem.

-It took another 40 minutes but the burn completed.

-I put in the bluray half expecting it to not read (my newbie experience with burning) and it read fine

-WOW!!! Love the demo disk !! Thanks. It was worth the effort.
Geezer's Avatar Geezer 10:43 AM 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten by HT View Post

My experience so far (just so you know you're not going crazy !)

-the torrent download took about 9 days. It wasn't on constantly and at times the download was at a grind of 10 kb/sec. The max download speed I got was 200 kb/sec.

-I couldn't find anyone online to burn a bluray disc for me so I bought a $179 LG external burner at Best Buy. I plan to burn more now !

-I bought a 5-pack of bluray discs 25 GB each. Tried to burn it but the torrent download was 42 GB.

-Had to go back and buy a 50 GB disk for $14.

-Used IMGburn and at the end, the disk ejected and I got a message telling me that I need to close the carriage and push "OK" and it looked like the entire burn process started over again....I thought this would turn out to be a problem.

-It took another 40 minutes but the burn completed.

-I put in the bluray half expecting it to not read (my newbie experience with burning) and it read fine

-WOW!!! Love the demo disk !! Thanks. It was worth the effort.

You had "verify disc" set to on. Next time uncheck it for a faster burn.
globalgreg's Avatar globalgreg 11:22 AM 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten by HT View Post

-I couldn't find anyone online to burn a bluray disc for me so I bought a $179 LG external burner at Best Buy. I plan to burn more now !

-Had to go back and buy a 50 GB disk for $14.

Holy crap you got ripped off!!
Mpray1983's Avatar Mpray1983 01:56 PM 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post


Holy crap you got ripped off!!

The cheapest ones I have found are on amazon but you usually have to buy a pack of 10. Best Buy has 3 packs for $30 on sale sometimes. BEST buy will usually price match if you bring in the advertisement where you found it cheaper. You could always return the burner after your done with it but that wouldn't be very ethical. After I got my burner I continue to use it anyways and love it. I have a vacation house in Florida and I have made copies of several of my favorite blus that I leave at the Florida house. Pretty sweet I think
globalgreg's Avatar globalgreg 02:22 PM 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

The cheapest ones I have found are on amazon but you usually have to buy a pack of 10. Best Buy has 3 packs for $30 on sale sometimes. BEST buy will usually price match if you bring in the advertisement where you found it cheaper. You could always return the burner after your done with it but that wouldn't be very ethical. After I got my burner I continue to use it anyways and love it. I have a vacation house in Florida and I have made copies of several of my favorite blus that I leave at the Florida house. Pretty sweet I think

I was mainly referring to paying that much for a Blu-ray burner. Here is one for $80 after rebate. As for blank 50GB Blu-ray discs, I buy this 3-pack which makes them about $9 each.
Mpray1983's Avatar Mpray1983 02:38 PM 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post


I was mainly referring to paying that much for a Blu-ray burner. Here is one for $80 after rebate. As for blank 50GB Blu-ray discs, I buy this 3-pack which makes them about $9 each.

I found the internal burners are well priced but since my computer is a work computer I had to get an external and I believe I paid about the same as you did. I think mine is called an azus. It works superbly tho.
Wryker's Avatar Wryker 10:17 AM 05-03-2012
I've bought all my 50GB BDs from eBay from two japanese dealers - current price is @$5 a disc.
NicksHitachi's Avatar NicksHitachi 10:25 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

I've bought all my 50GB BDs from eBay from two japanese dealers - current price is @$5 a disc.

Hey Wryker your sig quote from Fear and Loathing?
Wryker's Avatar Wryker 10:37 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

Hey Wryker your sig quote from Fear and Loathing?

OWW man.......STAR WARS!!
NicksHitachi's Avatar NicksHitachi 12:01 PM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

OWW man.......STAR WARS!!


*facepalm* I remember now.
madpoet's Avatar madpoet 01:20 PM 05-03-2012
Price must have gone up, I was doing better than $5/disk for BD-RWs. More like $4/disk. Guess it depends on how many you buy. All genuine factory wrapped Maxell and TDK so I can't complain.
Kalani's Avatar Kalani 12:06 PM 05-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

I found the internal burners are well priced but since my computer is a work computer I had to get an external and I believe I paid about the same as you did. I think mine is called an azus. It works superbly tho.

Step 1) Buy an internal burner, enjoying the low price
Step 2) Buy an external housing, should only cost about $25, install the internal burner into the new housing.
Step 3) Enjoy the low price and burn away.

In your case, though, the money is already spent, it's not likely enough to cause missed mortgage payments and starvation, just enjoy what you've got.
SteveSatch's Avatar SteveSatch 10:21 PM 05-12-2012
I don't have a blu-ray burner. If anyone who has the disc can burn me a copy I'll pay for the blank disc and postage.
yourtoys7's Avatar yourtoys7 11:36 PM 05-12-2012
Can someone send me I disk? I'll PayPal the funds.
310Turbo's Avatar 310Turbo 03:17 AM 05-14-2012
I just started downloading this, thanks to everyone still sharing!

Edit: and of course thanks to Steve for all his work!
NicksHitachi's Avatar NicksHitachi 05:08 AM 05-14-2012
still seeding.....
globalgreg's Avatar globalgreg 11:59 AM 05-14-2012
Here is a Blu-ray burner for $60. Cheap!
Kalani's Avatar Kalani 12:13 PM 05-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

Here is a Blu-ray burner for $60. Cheap!

Nice. Stick that in one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-NST-530...7018871&sr=1-1

...and you have a nice external BR burner for $90. Note that USB2 is sometimes not fast enough to burn at max rates, so I would connect via eSATA rather than USB if your computer has the option. If not, consider burning blu-rays at 4x max (not a bad idea anyway) if you're going over USB.
S_rangeBrew's Avatar S_rangeBrew 11:04 PM 05-14-2012
This is a great disk. Lot's of good scenes. Thank you very much.

I play them straight off my computer using Media Player Classic. Very convenient, as I have my computer hooked up via HDMI to my home theater receiver and projector. Saved me the cost of investing the time and effort
of going Blu-ray burner and media, which can be substantial, as noted above by other users.

The only painful part was getting the lossless audio tracks to play. It takes some tweaking. Here is the guide I used: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...7-htpc-part-i/

Now I have a demo playlist in Window Media Player Classic that includes clips from this disk, music and other demo material. I kick things off with the IMAX intro, found here: http://www.demolandia.net/other-trailers.html followed by the THX demo on this disk. It blows viewers away!


VinnyS's Avatar VinnyS 06:14 AM 05-19-2012
Hey Guys,

I went through the whole thread to find the new download link. The latest one i found on page 43 i think (Long Live the Link" is 41gig's and has all rar files, these seems to be the V1. Is it really version 2 or is it the wrong link. Can someone please confirm this please.

Thanks
shadowcaster's Avatar shadowcaster 09:10 AM 05-19-2012
Oops, my bad...good catch. Thanks. Had V1 in the wrong folder. Heres' V 2.0 : Click Here

I'll edit the post on Pg43 to reflect the change.
mhrischuk's Avatar mhrischuk 10:05 AM 05-19-2012
Just turned my high speed torrent on to help out

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A0D1C662167A0A92E06A7E9D08E41C7E4BF6B098
310Turbo's Avatar 310Turbo 10:11 AM 05-19-2012
Torrent noob here - tried the link posted by Shadowcaster and it brings me to a German site that hangs after the countdown timer hits 0.

How do I get the torrent started with the link posted by mhrischuk?

edit: nvm, got it going thanks!
mhrischuk's Avatar mhrischuk 10:19 AM 05-19-2012
VinnyS's Avatar VinnyS 12:38 PM 05-19-2012
You guys are the best. Thanks a bunch
JChin's Avatar JChin 07:30 AM 05-20-2012
Hi all, just try to burn this onto a Maxell BD-RE-DL disc and ImgBurn window pops up with:

Quote:


There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.
Image Size: 24,213,120 Sectors (47.291 MB)
Disc Size: 23,652,352 Sectors (46.196 MB)
Would you like to contine anyway?

Is there a better brand BD50 media? It appear the disc is not a complete 50GB free space. I already try the "continue anyway" but at the end of the burn it won't completed ... comes up with an error message (something like missing files). I also try to erase the disc and retry with same result. So is there a BD50 that actually has 50 GB of free space?
scubasteve2365's Avatar scubasteve2365 07:35 AM 05-20-2012
Looks like you're using a bdre, if so do a "full" format of the disc instead of a quick format. This disc is 99% full of the bd-50 spec and sometimes a quick partition of a rewritable disc doesn't free up enough space. Many had this issue when writing over the v1 disc when I released v2.
JChin's Avatar JChin 03:39 PM 05-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

Looks like you're using a bdre, if so do a "full" format of the disc instead of a quick format. This disc is 99% full of the bd-50 spec and sometimes a quick partition of a rewritable disc doesn't free up enough space. Many had this issue when writing over the v1 disc when I released v2.

Hi scubasteve2365, yes I done the "full" format and same result. Doing BD-R-DL now and it seem to be going through fine (@ 78%). Thanks again for all your hard work.

Update: burn when well and want to say WOW!!! JUST AWESOME!!!
globalgreg's Avatar globalgreg 12:42 PM 05-28-2012
Amazon has 3-pack of Verbatim 50GB Blu-ray discs for $16.99. Only problem is they ship in 2-4 weeks, they must have sold a lot at this price. Make sure when you click on the link you choose the Amazon option in the 'More Buying Choices' on the right. Sometimes it doesn't default to Amazon automatically. As of right now the price is still valid.
First ... 43  44  45 46  47  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop