RTI Emitters compatable with GC-100?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a house that was wired with a RTI controller system. The emitters are connected to the TV, wired through the walls and end in an electrical closet where the components are located. The former owner left the RTI RP-1 processor and the ECB-5 IR Emitter Connecting block along with the emitters (wired through the wall). They did not leave the remote controller. I thought about buying a remote, but I constantly tweak and fiddle with my system and would rather program the remote myself than have to go through a dealer.

If I bought a Global Cache GC-100 and used IRule as the remote, would the RTI emitters that were left behind (and run through the walls) function with the GC-100 instead of the emitters that come with the GC-100? If the GC-100 can connect and function with the emitters, either directly or through the ECB-5 connecting block, I would like to try to set up my system for WiFi control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know specifically about the RTI system, but I can speak to my experience:

I have a GC-100 for use with my Irule remote hooked up to my IR distribution block with the "GC-CGX IR Converter Cable, GC-100 to Xantech" from GC.

My IR system is kind of a mix of products I bought from a few different places. I would guess it would work assuming RTI uses standard IR protocols.

I would contact GC to be sure.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over.....
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page