Ok wellllll I have to eat my words a little bit this morning.
No way that first sheet of drywall is going up tonight. I hadn't worked in the theater for a few days and I think I convinced myself that the insulation was a lot closer to done than it actually is.
I could get away with putting 10 sheets up in the front of the theater, but the back needs some attention before I can drywall. A few things I need to do:
1 - Run PJ HDMI, ethernet, and component cable. I still need to drill some holes in the joists and have been too much of a wimp to do it so far. Still figuring out exactly how I want to run the conduit, and now I realize that there is an HVAC duct in the way too. Grrrrrrr...I have wasted a lot of time on this one, but I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it done tonight!
2 - Finish silly flex duct. First, I forgot that this needed to be done, so it's the project I tackled last night. I am about 2' short
, so I have to go buy another 25'. Pics below.
3 - Finish insulating. Duh. Again here, I convinced myself I was a little further along. Errrr, I have my work cut out for me to finish this by Saturday morning so I can spend SATURDAY drywalling!
Updated drywall start date: Saturday!
Ok, so last night I worked on replacing the metal HVAC duct with flex...here are some pics...
First, yank out the metal duct...
Next, pull off the boot and reuse. Unfortunately I had to cut about 4" off the metal duct and keep attached to the boot because otherwise there wasn't enough to securely attach the flex to the boot. Working with that stuff is like juggling razor blades...WEAR GLOVES!
Then line the cavity with some R-13. I tried R-19 on one of the earlier flex runs and it made the flex hang too low from the joist cavity and it was really smushed up against the hat channel. (Yes, "smushed" is a technical term of art.
Finally, install flex and realize that I'm about 2-3' short. Crap. Gotta go get some more flex today...and figure out how to join the ends of two flex ducts together...
You can also see in that pic that I have started with the orange tube. I did that once I realized I didn't have enough flex last night. I think I finally have that plan worked out and it shouldn't take me too long now to resolve that mess of equipment room wires. Gotta find some time tonight and tomorrow night to put in a few more hours so I can get busy with this drywall!
Oh...and I need to build backer boxes for all of those electrical outlets and the GE! Add one more thing to the list!