Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfleming675 View Post

Great thread and awesome room.

Two questions.

1 - Did you use BI-DIpolar speakers for rear? If so how are they? Debating this part of my build at the moment.

2 - You went with a 2.4 screen. How has it been for 1.7 or 16:9 content? Do you think you need masking?

Hi thanks for the compliment.
Answers to your questions below.

1 - I like the rear speakers and the Dipole. Don't really think it was necessary considering I have 9 speakers + 2 subs in that room. The sides do a great job - but I went with the same brand as the fronts and they recommended these Dipole. They sound great and I'm happy with them.

2 - My previous theater was 16:9 and I knew I wanted 2.34 from that point forward. It really depends on what you will be using the theater for. If you watch a lot of Movies - especially new, then 2.34 may be the way to go. If you plan on watching HD TV, or lots of HD Streaming and gaming, then 16:9 might suit you. For me, I primarily watch HD movies and I use XBMC as my media manager/player. With XBMC, it has the capability to fit a 16:9 into 2.34 and it does a pretty good job of it ... so I have little to no issue. You can also watch a smaller version of 16:9 to fit the screen. I've done it a few times and the non-masking didn't bother me. No regrets and I would build this aspect again for myself over 16:9.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 152 Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love the theater! It was exciting to see that you used the Insteon lighting with the Harmony. I am planning on doing the same thing in my theater. Although, I may switch from my Harmony and try out iRule instead. But, I digress. I noticed on a few other posts you mentioned that you hinged your projection screen. I am wondering if you have any pictures of the hinges you used? Also, did you use any lid supports? Or if you have any tips that I might use on my build. You obviously know what you are doing and I would be humbled to hear any advice you may have. Thanks!

Last edited by Al Toid; 08-23-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask about lid supports
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page