Rockbridge Cinema (AKA Big Frank's Basement Theater) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Okay, so I finally have a little chance to catch my breath and I thought I would update with some details that I hinted at earlier:

I mentioned earlier that I had a minor issue with the screen I bought from Jamestown Home Theater. Here's what it was: The frame of the screen is made up of 6 boards; two on the bottom, two on the top and one on each side. These get fastened to eachother via a metal frame screwed to the backs of the velvet covered wood boards. Well, the two boards on the bottom arent completely co-planar. Its really not a big deal, but initially I thought it was responsible for a slight distortion of my image on screen. Turns out that was *my* fault - my projector was aimed at a slight angle and with the yaw adjustment I made it looked like only a part of the screen was "off" but it turns out that for the most part the screen is just fine. The slight amount of misalignment in the bottom two boards might be easily fixable by disassembling and reassembling but its frankly so minor that I dont feel like doing it. The screen is an excellent bargain - well constructed and easy to tension and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to someone. And James at JTHT was very responsive and concerned. He definitely wanted to "make it right" if there was a problem with the screen. The screen I bought from him was an AT screen using Seymour Centerstage XD material. Woah! Its really nice. I love having the speakers behind the screen. I personally cant tell a difference in the sound of the speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Glad you were able to work through your screen issues.

I missed the fact that you live in the Rochester area. My wife's family lived in Buffalo for a while. She and I met while she was at Syracuse and I was at SUNY ESF. Can't say I miss the winters.
post #93 of 96 Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

Glad you were able to work through your screen issues.
I missed the fact that you live in the Rochester area. My wife's family lived in Buffalo for a while. She and I met while she was at Syracuse and I was at SUNY ESF. Can't say I miss the winters.

Yeah, I lived in Syracuse for a few years too.
The winters can get old, but I generally like the climate of New York and the lower cost of living makes it possible for me to afford things like a home theater!
post #94 of 96 Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

This weekend I finally hooked up my xbox 360 Elite in my theater. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me get HDMI to work from the xbox to the projector!

I currently have a Denon 4311CI AV receiver outputing HDMI to the projector. For Inputs I have successfully connected my Oppo BPD-93, PS3 and a SA HD Cable DVR. No problems doing HDMI with any of those, but the Xbox wont do HDMI -- it will do component, and will do HDMI just fine on my Samsung Plasma upstairs. I've even connected the xbox directly to the projector and cant get video so I'm quite sure its not the Denon mucking up the handshaking.

I've even tried other HDMI inputs on the projector. In all cases though I've had the projector on BEFORE the xbox (and not the other way around). I know that the xbox will not start properly until an output HDMI device handshakes with it.

Can anyone help? I've tried resetting the video on the xbox (using the A + RT trick) and turning off Automatic Device Discovery on the xbox and that didnt work. I even attempted to blindly navigate to the settings menu after the xbox was up and running.
post #95 of 96 Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Have you been using the same cable to test the different XBox setups or did you also try using one of the cables you know works with one of your other devices? A bad cable perhaps?
post #96 of 96 Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I tried one of the "known good" cables -- the one from the PS3.

I Also tried the cable that the xbox used to use to the plasma tv.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Subwoofers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page