I got the pricing back from my special order to Milliken Millwork; wood solid core interior door into exterior frame with seals.
It would be a drop in place pre-hung door solid core door with same seals as used for exterior.
The below does not reflect the added 25% sale I had them quoted under.
With sale taken into account, line 2 below comes to $375, the basic solid core door with seals ready to install.
Now item 3 with the Mineral core, $675 on sale.
>>That may be a good option for others who again want a drop in door with sealing and huge mass (LFE containment) that do not want to do any DIY, it seems the "best" non DIY offering from a big box store out there.
What I ended up doing:
I went with my 2nd option posted earlier, ordered a traditional interior solid core door, 48" wide!
They had a "free" solid core upgrade event going on, so with tax ended up costing me $230.71, approx 2 week delivery time.
Bucket list now for door install:
- I'm going with the special sealing system, need to make some calls and place my order.
- Decide latch/handle system, concern is sound path, need to check other builds here
- Under the door sill plate for the automatic bottom seal, possible big piece of marble/other will be placed there
- We are going camping this weekend, but weekend of 10/18 I'm prepping the HT opening, re-framing it, re-do the riser, in anticipation of the door delivery.
- Get my original carpet installer in to advise on how to re-do riser including cutting carpet, as I have big spare piece for the re-do but depending on layout may be advantageous to cut the existing carpet a specific line, due to carpet movie theme pattern
- Install fire alarm in HT, as with door closed won't hear if alarm goes off
- Door will open 180 degrees, but will be heavy so need to look at anti-pinching closure method, most door swings I've seen only work 100 degrees or so.
- Decide to add GG + DW to inside of door or not, I'm 90% yes
- Add extra hinges for weight carrying - or replace hinges with same size but commercial hinge, or go from 4" hinge to 5" or 6" hinge.....not sure decision factor here
- When I did my original 4 gang box for interior lighting I did NOT use the super sized box for Grafik eye, now since I'll have the wall torn open would be time to re-do that also.
That's going to keep me busy next few weeks....and then some