"Reel Time" Build Log-14' Scope, 9.7 17,000W Transducer Audio, Dedicated Stadium Room - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 368 Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 24,127
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowger View Post

Indeed. This build plus Mario's were the two that truy inspired me...

I think we have similiar tastes. For me I can add yours to the list biggrin.gif

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Mfusick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 368 Old 08-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Newbie
 
deafking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The theater looks awesome and most likely sounds outrageous as well. It gives me ideas on what to do in mine. What speakers did you use? I saw in your previous build thread you talked about using the transducers, but from what I saw, transducers are only for bass. I could be wrong though. Consider me subscribed though late in the game.
deafking is offline  
post #363 of 368 Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RedTopDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jarrettsville, MD
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafking View Post

The theater looks awesome and most likely sounds outrageous as well. It gives me ideas on what to do in mine. What speakers did you use? I saw in your previous build thread you talked about using the transducers, but from what I saw, transducers are only for bass. I could be wrong though. Consider me subscribed though late in the game.

Thanks.

The whole system is transducers, so the only "standard" audio are the four subs, one in each corner. You might be thinking about tactiles, which are for bass and a little shake. I have three rows of four of those, a row under each seating area.

Here are some links in the thread:

Tactile Installation Under Floor: LINK

Actual Transducer (Hidden Audio Systems) Close-Up: LINK

Start Of Transducer Install (56 of them!): LINK
RedTopDown is offline  
post #364 of 368 Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TSHA222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: barely within my means
Posts: 1,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Love the detail in your theater. I have a fairly advanced mildew issue ( theater sits above slab ) so I'm about to begin a "re-build" theater project.....fun!! I was particularly impressed with your custom screen. My screen is a 16 foot wide 2.35 from Harkness Hall but since my bright enough 3 chip from Digital Projection went and failed on me, I'm going with a projector that's not nearly as bright. Because of this, I'm going to do a painted screen too. It's nice to see fellow members achieve such large images with some relatively modestly priced projectors.

I don't have the patience or skill to get as detailed in my trim and finish as you but you give me something to aspire to for sure. Great work!
TSHA222 is offline  
post #365 of 368 Old 10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mtbdudex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 296
I come back to this thread looking for acoustic measurements, like to learn about all the wall mounted transducer performance.
I'm looking for waterfall for below 250hz and gated ETC for above 250hz, did not see them posted.
Also, you are not using Audyssey EQ at all?
( I can't recall reading if you did or not).

Specifically what acoustic calibration was done?

I love how this HT turned out!
How is the love seat usage?
mtbdudex is offline  
post #366 of 368 Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RedTopDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jarrettsville, MD
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSHA222 View Post

Love the detail in your theater. I have a fairly advanced mildew issue ( theater sits above slab ) so I'm about to begin a "re-build" theater project.....fun!! I was particularly impressed with your custom screen. My screen is a 16 foot wide 2.35 from Harkness Hall but since my bright enough 3 chip from Digital Projection went and failed on me, I'm going with a projector that's not nearly as bright. Because of this, I'm going to do a painted screen too. It's nice to see fellow members achieve such large images with some relatively modestly priced projectors.

I don't have the patience or skill to get as detailed in my trim and finish as you but you give me something to aspire to for sure. Great work!

Thanks and good luck with your re-build!
RedTopDown is offline  
post #367 of 368 Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RedTopDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jarrettsville, MD
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

I come back to this thread looking for acoustic measurements, like to learn about all the wall mounted transducer performance.
I'm looking for waterfall for below 250hz and gated ETC for above 250hz, did not see them posted.
Also, you are not using Audyssey EQ at all?
( I can't recall reading if you did or not).

Specifically what acoustic calibration was done?

I love how this HT turned out!
How is the love seat usage?

I wish I could give you those details, but I don't have anything like that at all. MMan might be able to go that technical. I have never been able to get through Audyssey EQ without issues. I think I have something wrong with the mic and have never had the time to resolve. I've not done any kind of acoustic calibration.

Love seat is a great feature in my opinion!
RedTopDown is offline  
post #368 of 368 Old 10-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
cowger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I have an extra mic if you're interested in trying it out.
cowger is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off