Movie night invitation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I thought those on this forum would be interested in this. One of the fun things about having a dedicated theater is inviting friends and family over for a movie. I came across this cool service that has a template to send custom movie night invitations via email. You fill out the template with your details and then send out to the email addresses you have stored in it.

Your guests get an email that looks like this. Custom pic of your room and movie details on a placard. You can also type in a custom invitation. Really flexible and easy to use.

When your guests click on the "reserve your seat" link it takes them to this screen where they can click on a seat in the pic and reserve their spot. My guests get a kick out of doing it and adds a touch of class and excitement to the invitation. When they make the reservation you get an email notification of the reservation.

www.theaterinvite.com is the website if you want to check it out. I am not affiliated with them, but it is a really fun, and cheap, accessory to the theater.

Enjoy!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
That is really neat! I used to do up tickets in photoshop and drop them in the mail. This is easier! LOL Thanks for the link. EDIT: I just picked up on the annual fee. Not so neat as when I thought it was free.

The "Twinseltown" Theater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-02-2010, 05:22 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 610
I was contacted during the development stage and had a chance to review and comment during development. It is true that you can do something in Photoshop and simply print it out, the difference here is that they offer an automated e-mail invitation process and an on-line RSVP feature with real time feedback of seat availability. The layout planning tool is actually kind of neat and it is free.

PROJECTS:

post #4 of 14 Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

I was contacted during the development stage and had a chance to review and comment during development. It is true that you can do something in Photoshop and simply print it out, the difference here is that they offer an automated e-mail invitation process an on-line RSVP feature with real time feedback of seat availability. The layout planning tool is actually kind of neat and it is free.

Yeah, automated is right. Very quick an easy to send out invitations for a movie. I have guests tell me all the time how flattered they are that I put all this effort and time in sending these fancy invitations to them. I am kind of used to it now so I just tell them they are worth it and glad they like it...

post #5 of 14 Old 01-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback about our service.

After much debate, we've decided to go with a free model. We will continue to develop the service and make it better and better as time goes on.

Hopefully this will open it up to users who couldn't afford the subscription model.

Enjoy!
post #6 of 14 Old 01-26-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
eh, not as cool as the excel ticket maker.

Current Projects:

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #7 of 14 Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

eh, not as cool as the excel ticket maker.

My wife did a Polar Express party and everyone loved the Excel Ticketmaster tickets I did. Check 'em out:

Now 22 - 4, 5, and 6 year-olds in your theater is a test of patience.

Mark

post #8 of 14 Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 AM

Liked: 10
Do they even offer tickets? It looks more like an email invite/seat reservation service to me. Seems like a pretty awesome way to invite friends to my theater.
post #9 of 14 Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterInvite View Post

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback about our service.

After much debate, we've decided to go with a free model. We will continue to develop the service and make it better and better as time goes on.

Hopefully this will open it up to users who couldn't afford the subscription model.

Enjoy!

Free! Wahoo!

post #10 of 14 Old 01-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
very cool
post #11 of 14 Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I used it for an event this evening and it worked very well. Cool tool! Thanks for providing it!

Follow my build here:
post #12 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM

Liked: 22
does the site no longer work? The emails to my guests no longer go out! I've tried various emails also.
Shame cuz this looks so cool
post #13 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 06:23 PM

Liked: 11
I just signed up and it looks like everything is good to go. I have not created an event yet....
post #14 of 14 Old 08-18-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I just tried yesterday too. Yes, you could sign up & design the invitation. However, it seems like their server won't send out the invitation email anymore tho.... frown.gif

I would be really cool if it still works.

In the meantime, evite.com would do. wink.gif

~ Gary

)

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page