The JohnBomb build - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4
Dedicated Theater Design & Construction > The JohnBomb build
johnbomb's Avatar johnbomb 09:04 AM 07-07-2013
Thanks guys! HopefulFred, that wall is made of a single row of normal sized bricks. I had enough thickness in the drywall/stud construction that was there previously to go ahead with regular bricks.

As far as the hardwood goes for the theater, I'm probably going to put a small area rug underneath seating in front of the riser. I hope that having people in front of the riser will kill the floor bounce for the back seats. As for the front seats, I'll likely use a reflector that sits on the floor to bounce sound back to the screen wall which will be heavily damped. At the very least, this will delay those reflections, hopefully 10ms or more. I'm going to try a similar technique for the ceiling.

John

Elill's Avatar Elill 03:54 PM 07-07-2013
Here is some inspiration for you - this room has a hardwood floor, with a rug

Here is what I understand carpet does (not a lot, but I guess it goes real high +4k)

Hz 125 Hz 250 Hz 500 Hz 1 kHz 2 kHz 4 kHz
carpet 0.01 0.02 0.06 0.15 0.25 0.45
johnbomb's Avatar johnbomb 10:17 PM 07-07-2013
That's a really good looking plot, Elill- I hope I can get half as good as that!
johnbomb's Avatar johnbomb 03:30 PM 12-31-2013
Just sticking my head in the door- still alive, still chipping away. I'll post a few more pics soon. Theater ready for paint but needs front/back/side soffits built and speakers finished. Happy New Year everyone, and here's to getting it done in 2014!

John

johnbomb's Avatar johnbomb 08:42 PM 01-03-2014
A bit more inspiring, now that there's primer on the wall. Obviously shiny, but the color is close. There will be a fair amount of cherry trim- I like the color of the door jam against the dark primer. I'm going to test mount the screen tomorrow or Sunday.

John

Elill's Avatar Elill 03:47 AM 09-27-2014
Any updates?
First ... 2  3  4

Up
Mobile  Desktop