I finally have some real progress to report. I finished framing my theater today. I am glad I finally am moving forward again. The final interior dimensions on the theater (pre-drywall) are 18' 8" wide by 23' 3 1/4" long.
This is the entrance to the theater (from the outside):
Here a are a couple of photos from the interior of the theater. Rear left corner:
Door wall from inside theater:
Here is the screen wall:
I used IB3 clips (from the Sound Proofing Company) to isolate all of the theater walls. The biggest challenge was isolating the door wall which is under a steel beam. John from the Sound Proofing Company suggested drilling through the beam, but it is very thick, hard steel, so I decided to attach a plate to the bottom of the beam and then mount the clips to this plate:
I also made sure that none of the framing came in contact with the poured concrete foundation walls. For the door wall, which is shared with the rest of the basement, I decided to construct two 2x4 walls with a 2 inch gap between them for better sound isolation:
Since we completed the theater, we also worked towards framing the remainder of the basement. We were able frame the exterior of the bathroom as well as put in the remaining top and bottom plates on the last two walls. I figure we should have the last of the framing completed with about a 1/2 days worth of work.
Once I wrap up the remainder of the framing, I can begin my electrical work. In the mean time, I plan to start some of the electrical layout. Once the electric is designed, I will probably turn most of my focus to getting the theater ready for drywall.