The Monkey_Man Home Theater Build - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #91 of 94 Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
The trim and Wayne's coating does pop from the pictures you have posted. In my room I keep going back in forth about the black I have the mouse ears black from home depot in flat and I'm thinking on changing it now to eggshell after what you have posted about the reflections in your room not being bad. Did you do the columns in the eggshell base aura paint to.
Yes, all the trim, columns, and door are in BM Aura Black Eggshell. Wall paint (sides and back) is BM Aura matte. The ceiling is BM Royal Black flat and the screen wall is Rosco Off Broadway black. Also anything under Eggshell will print badly if touched by human skin; something to think about. The BM in black is pretty washable. This is one reason I used BM Aura besides it's superior coverage and low VOC. Oh my bullnose trim on the riser is in a flat patio paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 02-12-2015, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Awesome theater
Monkey_Man likes this.
post #93 of 94 Old 02-13-2015, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Man View Post
I have been a fan of transducers for 10 years. My guests always remark how much they love them.

Me too!!

Been using them since the late 90's. Can't say enough good things about a properly implemented transducer setup.

The room turned out really nice.
Monkey_Man likes this.

*DIY ConcreteBunker Rustic Dream Build w/11' screen, 11.2chnl, 8x18" IB subs, 28.8KW*
GR Research LS-9 + LS-C | Denon AVR-4520 11.2 | Sony VPL-HW55ES | DaLite 11' screen | Sanway FP-14000 & FP-10000Q | Sherbourn PA 7-350 | Behringer iNuke NU1000DSP | 8x IB318's | Buttkicker Original(2x), LFE(2x), MiniLFE(8x) | MinDSP 2x4 | 21'W x 27'L x 10'H | MiniSplit
April 2015 HToM <> SuperCharged 10 second II
post #94 of 94 Old 07-15-2015, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Update to the theater room.

I'll store the popcorn machine in the theater room and then move it to the adjacent room for movies/popping so it's not distracting. The base has wheels underneath it. I just need to paint the inside of the cabinet/stand and add an adjustable shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page