Another outside room shot
Side speaker run
A shot of the speed boot. I opted not to build a box around the boot for sound isolation. Project is majorly behind and I’m pushing forward
I opted to use red head 1/2" sleeved concrete anchors at each end of the pocket door. Since I was going to have a heavy door, I wanted to make sure the base was nice and secure.
Another shot of the framing around the water and gas line. This is the back of the room behind the LVL beam.
Just a quick shot of the small family/rec room that will be next to the theater room. This room I used an air gun and man that was a lot faster than screwing the framing together.
Shot of the equipment rack from the mech room.
This is a rear wall shot. The reason for the bump in was to make room for a bathroom behind the theater room.
This is a drop for a plug, center channel, and run for the IR extender.
Let the insulation begin. I really regret not taking down the wall blanket. I hate how it pushes the framing so far off the wall. Not to mention the gap below. So I filled the gap with insulation foam board around the room. The builder recommended to me just to leave it when I built, mistake on many levels.
I then covered the insulation foam board with left over wall insulation I removed from another side of the basement. The real reason I did this was to fill the void between the bottom wall and the framing. I didn't want the cat or other critter venturing behind there or air movement.
A little protection for the speaker wires when time to dry wall. I don't think Ill ever get that 12 gauge speaker wire out of the 1/2" smurf conduit. Note to self, I should have used 3/4" smurf conduit. All well, I have fancy speaker wire holders now
Okay now to throw up the insulation in the framing. I opted to staple the craft paper to the face of the stud to help isolate the drywall form the stud. This method also doesn't compress the insulation and doesn’t create a fire channel. You can't glue the drywall to the stud, but I don't care as I was going to screw it like a mad man... I also cut slits on the paper per my fathers advice since I had a double vapor barrier going on around the poured walls.
Shot of the wiring for the switch. I made provisions in case I want to use a Lutron GE in the future, extra deep gang. I'll have a dimmer for the a ceiling tray light (rope?), soffit lights, and front are rear stage/riser lighitng...rope?!?!
Okay room is insulated. I went a little nutty with the ceiling and used R30. That job SUCKED as insulation rains on you.
The last three shots are in the mech room looking at the stereo rack. The two orange lines run to the two PJ location.
PJ location #1 behind the LVL beam where I hope it works.
Shot of the power and A/V gang (both adjustable), you can see the orange conduit here for the HDMI and other a/v cables
This is my back up PJ location #2 in front of the LVL beam.
For what's its worth I have dedicated power runs for the PJ, stereo rack, lighting, and room plugs.
These pic's pretty much catch me up where I'm at with the build. I need to clean up for the drywall. I would love to say that this took me a weekend but this is 1.5 years of moving like a turtle. Perhaps you all can keep me moving. I want this funtional before summer!!!