Boy did we get a lot done.
here's the synoposis
- Installed all the clips on the ceiling
- installed hat channel throughout the entire room (except two lines under the bulkhead)
- figured out lighting and bought the cans (basically copying brad - 3 main zones, 1) 4 gimble stage lights, 2) 8 lights in soffit, 3) 3 rears or track in back under bulkhead) accent lights will be 4) soffit tray, 5) stage, and 6) riser
- ran the cat6 to the closet to run up to the front door for a security cam
- insulated the whole ceiling (including a very painful first joist which we stuffed with pink stuff and roxul)
- patched up insulation throughout the room - including the new closed off window
- caulked and insulated around the closed up window
- ran conduit - 2x2" for the A/V in the room and 1x2" conduit for the projector
- FINISHED THE WIRING! - yay- big might disagree, but basically we put wiring in place for all the lights so we don't have to run it through the soffit
- The Rack! - it's gonna be awesome - Mr. Big figured out a very very elegant solution to making the rack look just right in the back of the room
- Wired everything into the sub-panel - but my electrician friend refuses to power the panel until he checks our work
Ok - now pictures
Nasty front joist- had to stuff pinkstuff in and around a duct, and capped off the end with a bunch of roxul - i'm still itching from the unfaced pink stuff
Mr. Big doing some damage with a staple gun (actually just securing hte insulation in the joist)
two conduit lines from the equipment closet to where the soffit will eventually go. you can also see the rear bulkhead here which we stuffed about 3 layers of insulation in - this bulkhead also ended up using a lot more clips than anticipated - need 12 more clips to finish the channel
conduit lines from the equipment rack into the room
Conduit line to the projector location
Need to update with pics of the whole room channeled - looks amazing
Also need to add a pic of Mr. Big's beautiful work on the rack
A couple of things of note:
- underestimated clips and channel needed because of that rear bulkhead - basically need two more rows for that, as well as a little channel for the corner where the rack is.
Luckily Mr. Big found channel at his local Home Depot and John and Ted are super fast at shipping!
- looks like we're gonna be a little short on drywall - my previous post mentioned just how much supply we needed to dampen the floor above - we'll need about 12 more sheets b/c of all the waste cutting those - just gonna have the drywallers bring it with them
- finally - used up a lot more insulation than anticipated stuffing large cavities like the bulkhead
whew- this is getting expensive in terms of overages - oh well - it will be awesome and quiet when its done
so.... 2 more rows of channel when the clips come and then DRYWALL!
very happy with the progress so far, and once again, couldn't have done any of this without the help of the illustrious Mr. Big