Desert Sunset Theater Build - Page 38 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #1111 of 1112 Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmonkey2000 View Post
I did not screw directly to the joists since the room is soundproof and I used hat channel and isolation clips. The ceiling hangs from the channel and I used extra clips to account for the extra weight of the ceiling. The soffit panels were just 3/4 inch thick MDF to cover the screws. The ceiling is also dropped from the drywall by 3/4"

All of my fiber was cut to fit. I bought 3 1000 foot rolls of 1mm fiber. I ended up only using 2 of the 3 rolls. One nice thing about the FOSI kit is you get different brightness stars using all one size fiber due to the filter element on the unit.

Are you doing any shooting stars? If so the shooting star bundles should be covered along their length to prevent any light bleeding into the fibers from the other strands. This is not something I did, but wish that I had because there is a bit of light bleeding through to the shooting stars when they are not active.
Now that you answered my question about the joists, it makes me feel silly for even asking it lol. Since my room is not soundproofed, I will need to make sure to hit my joists. I am thinking the FOSI kit, even if available is way out of budget. The kit I am looking at is ~$370 - which includes 50watt LED light engine, twinkle effect, DMX control, 835 fibers and a shooting star kit.

Did you say you got the star map from FOSI as well? How much was that if you don't mind me asking?

Good call on the shooting star fibers being covered, I would not have thought of that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1112 Old 05-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Just finished your thread. Fantastic theater. Congrats! Just curious, I don't think I saw anything about the rear speakers. Did you mount them in the columns?

Never mind. I see them sitting in the back now. Have you put anymore thought into increasing the number of channels yet?

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Behringer Europower Ep4000 Professional Amplifier , infininte baffle , Integra , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page