My New Theater Room -- V2.0 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 80 Old 04-09-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 166
How are things going with the built Lee?

Djoel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

How are things going with the built Lee?

Djoel

Very well, thanks for asking!

Finished painting tonight and carpet is being installed Friday. Seats arrive weds and then I just need to wire the lights and gear!

Ill add some pics asap!

I changed the seating and carpet, went with Salamander Matteo

And Kane Carpet
Style Fiesta, Color Jubilee

Lee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 80 Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Sweet, I love Salamander stuff, and that chairs are simply beautiful. Can't wait to see the photos.

Good Luck

Djoel

post #34 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
That carpet is really sweet. Is it black in person?

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #35 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

That carpet is really sweet. Is it black in person?

This carpet is absolutely blowing my mind in person. Its goes from black to purple depending on angle and just makes the room. Pictures do not do it justice. My photos have been from my cell so they are not the best. ill get some better pics soon...

For now...

Seats are in, carpet installed, screen up and I just added equipment to the rack and am going to wire speakers and mount them tomorrow.

This is where the rack goes.

The carpet is a bit "deeper" in person.

Lee

post #36 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 05:06 PM

Liked: 148
How many inches of space is there between the top of your screen and the ceiling?

How many inches of space is there between the bottom of your screen and the floor?
post #37 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok first is the carpet black with a purplish tint or purple with a blackish tint?
Second can you take a picture of more of the carpet, maybe further back so I can get a better/larger look? That is awesome!
Third what color are those walls by the rack?

post #38 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
That carpet looks incredible, please get some better pictures!

My perpetual home theater build -
post #39 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57

|
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #40 of 80 Old 04-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It looks great and cracking the whip to get it done will let you enjoy it sooner.

Can you PM me where you purchased the Matteo's from?

Thanks
Mike

The cheese fell off my cracker a long time ago...
post #41 of 80 Old 04-18-2011, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Ha!!! I thought the same thing but the black is what stands out when you are in the room. The screen wall and ceiling are black as well.

Lee

post #42 of 80 Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
OP,

I am going to ask you for a review of your new room compared to you older room since this is more of a dedicated room and your other was an open floor plan.

I have been going back and forth between a Dedicated room or more open. I have two young boys and not sure if they would feel comfortable in a closed room by themselves..

Thoughts?

post #43 of 80 Old 04-18-2011, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post

OP,

I am going to ask you for a review of your new room compared to you older room since this is more of a dedicated room and your other was an open floor plan.

I have been going back and forth between a Dedicated room or more open. I have two young boys and not sure if they would feel comfortable in a closed room by themselves..

Thoughts?

I will miss the open space I had before, but a new addition to the fam dictated this move (old theater is now a play room). I am excited to have tighter control over the sound and light...but will miss the size from before.
Ill let you know once I finally finish!

Lee

post #44 of 80 Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Weber View Post

Ha!!! I thought the same thing but the black is what stands out when you are in the room. The screen wall and ceiling are black as well.

Just messing with you. Its looks very nice, and I'm sure even better in person. The shop light really lit up the purple, and for some reason all I could think of was a Wonkabar wrapper lol. Maybe I was just hungry.

|
|
|
|
post #45 of 80 Old 05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been popping every so often. Great, I can't wait to see the final theater done!

Djoel

post #46 of 80 Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Where the finished product?

post #47 of 80 Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Ok, almost done...you can see I need touch up paint near the recessed lighting and acoustical panels are coming Friday.

LL
LL

Lee

post #48 of 80 Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM

Liked: 10
Very nice Lee. I bet ur enjoying it a lot.

colton

post #49 of 80 Old 06-16-2011, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks great Lee - what have you been test driving in it? How's the picture and sound - still tuning, or locked in for the most part?

|
|
|
|
post #50 of 80 Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Lee I know we discussed I got the name,color and style of your carpet but would you take a better picture far enough back so I can see the color and pattern a bit better?

post #51 of 80 Old 06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Very cool, I'm loving the clean lines, and unclutter look.

DJoel

post #52 of 80 Old 06-16-2011, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post

Very nice Lee. I bet ur enjoying it a lot.

I really am! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Looks great Lee - what have you been test driving in it? How's the picture and sound - still tuning, or locked in for the most part?

It looks and sounds like a dream. I have since added 8 2x4 2" acoustic panels and 2 real traps Bass traps, as well as did a calibration on the projector...I am inspired to watch things in my theater like never before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Hey Lee I know we discussed I got the name,color and style of your carpet but would you take a better picture far enough back so I can see the color and pattern a bit better?

Sure thing, give me a few days and Ill post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Very cool, I'm loving the clean lines, and unclutter look.

DJoel

That was my goal. I am not into all the extra art, risers, velvet, columns etc. I see in a lot of rooms. I think I made the right call as all who have entered the room have been in love with the look and feel.

Lee

post #53 of 80 Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Very nice job on the room.

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #54 of 80 Old 07-23-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Looks great, but you're missing rope lighting in that soffit area!!

Current Projects:

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #55 of 80 Old 07-23-2011, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

Looks great, but you're missing rope lighting in that soffit area!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Weber View Post

I am not into all the extra art, risers, velvet, columns etc. I see in a lot of rooms.

|
|
|
|
post #56 of 80 Old 09-22-2011, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
The theater looks fantastic Lee!

I also went from a much larger open space theater to a smaller room and the larger room is kids play room now. Love the color combinations you chose and those chairs look fantastic!

Would be interested what you think of the sconces ones you hear the subwoofer go low. Hindsight is 50/50 but i wish i knew how much they would rattle with glass covers(despite the padding i've put in the frame).

Do put up some more pictures when you get a chance.

PSN Id:blitz500

post #57 of 80 Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman S View Post

The theater looks fantastic Lee!

I also went from a much larger open space theater to a smaller room and the larger room is kids play room now. Love the color combinations you chose and those chairs look fantastic!

Would be interested what you think of the sconces ones you hear the subwoofer go low. Hindsight is 50/50 but i wish i knew how much they would rattle with glass covers(despite the padding i've put in the frame).

Do put up some more pictures when you get a chance.

I am lucky, I hear no rattle and I just added an additional sub
I still need to do the touch up paint. I will take some shots soon, I added some bass traps and acoustical panels. I LOVE the chairs as well! Thanks.

Lee

post #58 of 80 Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
That screen looks fantastic !!!! Did you go with another Sunfire sub or something larger..

Klipsch Synergy 3 speakers (LCR & surrounds)
dual Klipsch RW 12d
dual BIC PL-200
120" DIY 16:9 screen
Panasonic PT AX 200U projector
Panasonic BMP-BD35 blu-ray
Velodyne SMS-1
post #59 of 80 Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Strong work Lee! Any final pics (w/ lights on and off)?
post #60 of 80 Old 10-31-2011, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn kid View Post

That screen looks fantastic !!!! Did you go with another Sunfire sub or something larger..

I made a switch and my new speakers should be here Thursday. I am getting M&K s150's

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

Strong work Lee! Any final pics (w/ lights on and off)?

I will take some when the new speakers are in. Thanks!

Lee

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page