DIY Custom-Printed Movie Poster Acoustic Panels - cheap! - Page 100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 933Likes

Old Today, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundodger View Post
I ended up finding the lighter weight ProRox SL930 (formerly called RHT40) from InsulationSaver. They can ship to a warehouse up here. It was $52 for a bag of 7 boards, but more importantly, the acoustical characteristics a pretty close to OC703 and equivalents. At 3.5pcf it is much closer in density.

PRODUCT THICKNESSDENSITY 125HZ 250HZ 500HZ 1000HZ 2000HZ 4000HZ NRC
703, plain 2" (51mm) 3.0 pcf (48 kg/m3) 0.17 0.86 1.14 1.07 1.02 0.98 1
RHT 40 2" (51mm) 3.5 pcf (56 kg/m3) 0.26 0.68 1.14 1.13 1.06 1.07 1

Nickbuol, I appreciate your input and totally agree with you. I'm trying to stay on budget and get most of the way there, but don't want to through even a small amount of money at something that won't be good enough.

Next steps is to order up some prints - Nickbuol, here is where I really need could us a little digital help or advice from you. You probably already have the digital files already built out for most of my images hopefully. Could I PM you to describe what I'm hoping to do?
Shoot me a PM. I am a bit busy right now (slowly working through requests still though). My youngest is graduating from high school in just under 2 weeks and I am not only in charge of the large landscaping projects that I've been working on for over 6 weeks, but also have my hand deep into everything related to photos and videos (including a slideshow that I just started tonight - for my oldest who got married last year, I spent about 30 hours getting everything "just right" so that won't happen this time). Throw in 4 hours Tuesday and Thursday for the orchestra and band concerts that she is in (they are longer due to senior recognition) and a "grad roast" for 3 hours on Wednesday, and it is getting deep into crunch time. LOL

But seriously. Shoot me a PM and I will at least get you into the mix of stuff. With any luck I may have some images already started or even done. Do NOT take my comments about about the craziness as being unwilling to help. Quite the opposite, I like working on the images for people here on my laptop while my desktop is doing some video rendering of stuff, so I can multi-task.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement