DIY Custom-Printed Movie Poster Acoustic Panels - cheap! - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #1261 of 1522 Old 04-27-2014, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Guess it really depends on how busy they are. I remember reading several posts on here where it seemed their was a extended delay in receiving /printing. I didn't want to run the risk of getting home and having to wait for my shipment so paid the extra. Didn't think it was that much considering the size of my order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1522 Old 04-27-2014, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post

I paid for expedited shipping when I did my order too and another person here did the cheapest option. They got theirs within a day of me shipped to a similar distance from Spoonflower. Their order shipped in a shorter timeframe than mine too.

Kind of made me mad that I paid extra to get basically the same "order - to - received" time as someone else.

Think I'd have gotten the expedited shipping charge refunded.
post #1263 of 1522 Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

Think I'd have gotten the expedited shipping charge refunded.
Easier said than done. They said that technically it DID get expedited shipping, and that "each order is different and processed accordingly" whatever that means. It was a somewhat lengthy response to say that I technically got faster shipping and that the time from placing an order until it ships varies from one order to the next.

I even mentioned to them about this thread and pointed them to the posts where I was documenting my tests of different fabrics, and that I was promoting the usage of Spoonflower in this thread. They were nice and very appreciative, but didn't give me anything back voluntarily or per my requests.

I have moved on since the product is good, and it isn't that I got ripped off, it is just that the other guy got a very fast order completion. I only mentioned it since it came up about faster shipping.
post #1264 of 1522 Old 04-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 94
You aren't paying for faster shipping (door to door) rather you are paying for faster printing. If they aren't busy / don't have a lot of stuff in the que you can get it really quick using standard.; However if when you do your order there is a lot of rush or expedited orders you could get knocked down in the print que so that it takes a couple weeks to get your prints shipped

--- slight correction you get changed from ground delivery to 2 day fed ex with expedited which sometimes doesn't make a lot of difference

but basically you are really just paying for a guarantee delivery instead of could be now could be much later.

SHOPPING
Spoonflower Help Home › Shopping › What are your shipping options?

What are your shipping options?
Where do you ship?

We ship everywhere, except Belarus, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Somalia, Yemen, Cuba, Iran, and Syria.

Keep in mind that International orders may be subject to duties and taxes which are outside of our control. It is our experience that orders shipped through a tracked method are more likely to incur fees.

How much is shipping?

We calculate shipping by adding up the weight of your order, not the yardage or feet. The easiest way to calculate shipping is to add your desired products to your cart, select your country and click “Update”.

What are your shipping options?

Standard Delivery

Standard orders are printed with our regular turnaround time and shipped via:

Domestic: USPS. Packages typically arrive in a week or less. Orders over $250 are shipped FedEx Ground insured requiring an adult signature. A tracking number is provided to you.

International: USPS and the postal service of your country. Packages typically arrive in 2-4 weeks. Orders over $250 are shipped FedEx Economy International. A tracking number is provided to you.

Guaranteed Delivery

​We guarantee that orders placed with our Guaranteed Delivery service will be delivered by the date shown on the checkout page. Guaranteed orders are shipped via:

Domestic: FedEx 2Day service and will arrive 2 business days after shipping
Orders over $250 will require an adult signature at delivery.

International: FedEx Priority International service and will arrive about 3-7 business days after shipping to most locations.

Rush Delivery

Rush orders placed by noon EST will be shipped the next business day. Rush orders are shipped via:

Domestic: FedEx 2Day service and will arrive 2 business days after shipping
​Orders over $250 will require an adult signature at delivery.

International: FedEx Priority International service and will arrive about 3-7 business days after shipping to most locations.

NOTE: Orders for over 30 yards of fabric or 180 feet of wallpaper or wall decals will require an extra 48 hours of processing time.
post #1265 of 1522 Old 04-27-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

By reading that, it seems that your order should be pushed to the front if the line if it's to be mailed out the next day. Or am I missing something?
post #1266 of 1522 Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

I paid for expedited shipping when I did my order too and another person here did the cheapest option. They got theirs within a day of me shipped to a similar distance from Spoonflower. Their order shipped in a shorter timeframe than mine too.

Kind of made me mad that I paid extra to get basically the same "order - to - received" time as someone else.

nickbuol;
Glad to see you still on here helping everyone with this excellent DIY project - Good On You!!
I am worried that I might be that "other person", with the almost-equally-fast-shipping of my custom "Bond" artwork eek.gif

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #1267 of 1522 Old 05-01-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

nickbuol;
Glad to see you still on here helping everyone with this excellent DIY project - Good On You!!
I am worried that I might be that "other person", with the almost-equally-fast-shipping of my custom "Bond" artwork eek.gif

You might have been. It's all good. It isn't like it was your fault at all that they shipped yours right away.

Update for those wondering, my sample of the new Performance Pique' material came yesterday. I didn't see the little envelope with it until this morning before work, so I only had time to open it up and look at it. I will compare it to the other fabrics and post some pictures. Initial thoughts is that it has more of a texture to it that the Performance Knit or the Silky Faille. It stretches very easy like the Performance Knit and you can blow through it pretty easily. I haven't looked at the colors to see how they look compared to actual color swatches to see if its colors are accurate or compared it directly to the other fabrics. I will try to get that done tonight.

Initial thoughts are that it is not what we are looking for here for this project of printing posters and art onto it, but it doesn't seem terrible either. If you are waiting to place your order to see how this comparison turns out, don't I don't see any obvious benefit to this over the other two great fabrics and having another in the mix just adds to confusion... Just go with the Performance Knit or Silky Faille.
Djoel likes this.
post #1268 of 1522 Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:

You might have been. It's all good. It isn't like it was your fault at all that they shipped yours right away.

Update for those wondering, my sample of the new Performance Pique' material came yesterday. I didn't see the little envelope with it until this morning before work, so I only had time to open it up and look at it. I will compare it to the other fabrics and post some pictures. Initial thoughts is that it has more of a texture to it that the Performance Knit or the Silky Faille. It stretches very easy like the Performance Knit and you can blow through it pretty easily. I haven't looked at the colors to see how they look compared to actual color swatches to see if its colors are accurate or compared it directly to the other fabrics. I will try to get that done tonight.

Initial thoughts are that it is not what we are looking for here for this project of printing posters and art onto it, but it doesn't seem terrible either. If you are waiting to place your order to see how this comparison turns out, don't I don't see any obvious benefit to this over the other two great fabrics and having another in the mix just adds to confusion... Just go with the Performance Knit or Silky Faille.

Thanks Nick for taking the hit for us, great info and agree we should confuse things by adding more to the mix of frabrics if they're not going to be any great benefits to the cause.

Dan
post #1269 of 1522 Old 05-01-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok. I looked at the new Performance Pique' tonight side by side with the original Kona Cotton, the Performance Knit, and the Silky Faille. It isn't even worth posting the picture I took. The texture isn't desirable, the colors are off, the colors aren't as deep as the PM or SF, etc.

So we still have just the two choices. Performance Knit and Silky Faille. They are really good choices too.
post #1270 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I can't believe no one took me up on my offer to buy them a free yard of fabric with their next order. I just wanted someone to give an unbiased opinion with fabric they thought was easier to work with. Doesn't matter if you are going with PK, or SF. I would have bought either fabric you wasn't planning on buying to do the comparison. Didn't have to be the same poster, but ideally the same poster would have been nice to compare looks as well.

Oh well! Maybe no one has ordered, but it looks like you all been keeping Nick busy making posters.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
3D powered by AMD home built computer
True Depth 3D glasses (pair)
SainSonic 3D glasses (pair)
post #1271 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I think that it would be most beneficial to get someone with testing equipment and accurate color charts to do it right. Otherwise it is just opinion again. I can do the color chart part, but don't have the correct testing equipment to test the sound transparency of the fabrics outside of the blow test. As we know, that doesn't always mean anything of great importance since the SF is considerably harder to blow through, but I still feel very confident that it still works well for what we are doing here. PK has better color accuracy, but SF has deeper blacks (barely, but can be seen when samples are compared closely). I continue to recommend SF side-by-side with PK.

The problem is that most people just don't have the desire to do complete testing or, like mentioned above, don't have the tools to do it right. For them, they know that both are good product choices and are getting great looking results either way.
post #1272 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So Nick, what's the verdict on the best fabric from an image quality standpoint and ease of installation?
post #1273 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraunch View Post

So Nick, what's the verdict on the best fabric from an image quality standpoint and ease of installation?

THAT is the question.

I will rehash what I have posted already, but has since been buried in this thread.

PK = Performance Knit
SF = Silky Faille

PK has more accurate colors
SF has slightly darker blacks

PK passes more air, which in means that it is better acoustically
SF is significantly more difficult to blow air through, but I still believe that it will work fine because it is on the level of the original Kona Cotton that was tested and used for a while as the original fabric.

PK stretches a lot easier, which means easier to get wrinkles out, but also means that the image can be overstretched easily and thus takes a little more effort to keep things straight. The benefit of this is that it is also easy to make adjustments by adding more staples to the right spots.
SF is more rigid which means to get wrinkles out, you will need to steam the fabric, or spray with a fabric wrinkle release product. If you pull too hard to get wrinkles out, it too will distort and requires more muscle to straighten it if you do get distortion. It is, however, less prone to distortion as long as you don't "over muscle" it.

People here have used both and have had great success with both.

Personally, I used Performance Knit for my 24" x 48" panels (bigger mean more difficult to do by yourself). Six of my panels didn't have borders, but they were a very specific custom artwork design that I was very particular about having "just right." The 7th panel has words on it and a special boarder, and I have it exactly spot on.

That is why I keep looking for another "best of both worlds" fabric, but there isn't (and both are quite good, MAJORLY better than the original Kona Cotton that started this whole thread) and the pros and cons of each are fairly equal depending on what your criteria is. For me, I wanted best acoustical properties possible (even if it is negligible), and accurate colors, so I went with PK. Your needs may be different.
dgage and ambesolman like this.
post #1274 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Great post!
nickbuol likes this.
post #1275 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM

I think the eye can determine which looks better. I think they both look great anyway but the SF did look much better to me on the Monster poster comparison but it was just black and green. My thing is the ease of use. There is no problem with wrinkles using SF that I have come across. That's not to say a sloppy packaging could cause for the use of a wrinkle spray (easy to use by the way). There is plenty of stretch to the SF but not overly stretchy to cause a problem with distortion.

I just want someone besides myself to do a real comparison between which is easier to mount and keep straight. I feel (my own opinion) that the only plus is that PK is easier to breath through, but that doesn't make the SF a bad Choice for acoustics. It has been noted that it is easier to blow through SF than fabric offerings from the professional acoustic panels manufacturers.

Nick and I are both just speculating which is easier to use. I don't agree with his opinion (about wrinkles etc.) of how he thinks SF would mount, but I am sure he doesn't agree with my opinion either on how the stretch of PK seems difficult to work with. In all honesty it's just opinion and not some big scheme to get someone to buy one fabric over the other. A full size print is going to be much different than a small 8 inch sample. More material would allow for more stretch. Also my full size SF is easier to blow through for some reason than the 8 inch sample. I can't imagine sound reflecting off any of the recommended fabrics. I'm no sound expert though.

I have used 4 or 5 different fabrics and have made plenty of posters. I just want others to experience that there is a world of difference when mounting different fabrics. If you are making just a couple and take your time it's probably not a big deal. Especially if you don't have a lot of text lines to keep straight. If you are making several posters though it could mean a couple hours shaved off the build time. I don't know of anyone else that has used several different fabrics, so I think I have a good grasp on why I think one is easier to work with than the other.

Here is an image to recap the actual imagine comparison by eye of a simple black and green poster. Sf is on the left and PK on the right. First image has no flash and the second does have flash on. Simple snapshot using Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
post #1276 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post

I think the eye can determine which looks better. I think they both look great anyway but the SF did look much better to me on the Monster poster comparison but it was just black and green. My thing is the ease of use. There is no problem with wrinkles using SF that I have come across. That's not to say a sloppy packaging could cause for the use of a wrinkle spray (easy to use by the way). There is plenty of stretch to the SF but not overly stretchy to cause a problem with distortion.

REALLY appreciate all the time and effort you and nick have put into this thread for helping everyone with their posters and fabric options.

However, ymmv, but the sf used for my panel had anything but "plenty of stretch." I'd strongly advise anyone using this fabric to put a border around their image. I'd didn't have a border so I had to stretch the image around the frame. Doing so was a pita even with my wife helping. After 45min of pulling, grunting and sweating it came out great, and I ONLY needed it to stretch 1/4" for my 8x2.5' frame. If I get a wild hair I may one day ask nick to add a border and redo it since it would add 5" in both the length and width.

post #1277 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:

REALLY appreciate all the time and effort you and nick have put into this thread for helping everyone with their posters and fabric options.

However, ymmv, but the sf used for my panel had anything but "plenty of stretch." I'd strongly advise anyone using this fabric to put a border around their image. I'd didn't have a border so I had to stretch the image around the frame. Doing so was a pita even with my wife helping. After 45min of pulling, grunting and sweating it came out great, and I ONLY needed it to stretch 1/4" for my 8x2.5' frame. If I get a wild hair I may one day ask nick to add a border and redo it since it would add 5" in both the length and width.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of wild hairs so I'm going to prognosticate that you'll never make that great looking image "perfect". smile.gif. Now when are you ordering those JTR or Danleys? biggrin.gif
nickbuol likes this.
post #1278 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

I'm sure you'll have plenty of wild hairs so I'm going to prognosticate that you'll never make that great looking image "perfect". smile.gif. Now when are you ordering those JTR or Danleys? biggrin.gif

Wouldn't really be about making it perfect, just bigger😉

I gotta get up to danley to hear all the options before deciding, not to mention your needed monetary donation to the cause😁
post #1279 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

OK. Here is some injections of things based off of this post. I focused on main points... (Sorry about the blue color. I didn't know what would work best since different people like different colors or see different ones better than others.)
Quote:

...the SF did look much better to me on the Monster poster comparison but it was just black and green. Please continue on and then see my photos at the bottom and additional comments. My thing is the ease of use. There is no problem with wrinkles using SF that I have come across. That's not to say a sloppy packaging could cause for the use of a wrinkle spray (easy to use by the way). There is plenty of stretch to the SF but not overly stretchy to cause a problem with distortion. I agreed that it just takes steam or wrinkle release spray for SF.

... I feel (my own opinion) that the only plus is that PK is easier to breath through, but that doesn't make the SF a bad Choice for acoustics. It has been noted that it is easier to blow through SF than fabric offerings from the professional acoustic panels manufacturers. Nobody said SF was bad for this, but it is harder to blow through than the original Kona as documented already in this thread. Also, I was the one to mention that it was better than some other fabric samples from the "pros" (ATS specifically), but it was for their micro-suede material. That stuff let zero air through and it seemed like a total failure from the acoustical "blow" test, so I wouldn't say that this statement validates SF as being great or anything. I still think that SF DOES perform fine, but wanted to qualify your statement with some background for those jumping into the thread at this point.

Nick and I are both just speculating which is easier to use. TRUE We both have had great success with the choices we went with and it is hard to speculate what others would prefer. ... In all honesty it's just opinion and not some big scheme to get someone to buy one fabric over the other. ABSOLUTELY 1000% agree with this. ...

... If you are making just a couple and take your time it's probably not a big deal. TRUE Especially if you don't have a lot of text lines to keep straight. If you are making several posters though it could mean a couple hours shaved off the build time. I don't know of anyone else that has used several different fabrics, so I think I have a good grasp on why I think one is easier to work with than the other. This is still opinion based off of what has worked for you. The statement about saving *hours* is quite excessive, especially when the PK that is so terrible in your opinion can be easily fixed, either small parts, or even the entire poster if the whole thing is skewed with just a couple more staples in mere minutes tops.

Here is an image to recap the actual imagine comparison by eye of a simple black and green poster. Sf is on the left and PK on the right. First image has no flash and the second does have flash on. Simple snapshot using Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. What you fail to remind people is that we both agreed that the PK has more "shine" to it than the SF so in a bright room, laying flat on a surface PK does look a lot lighter, but it was also agreed that hanging on a wall without any light shining straight down on it (not talking flash), it was much closer with SF having slightly deeper blacks. You can also see that the PK side of your pictures is more directly under whatever overhead light you have since the wood table in the background is quite a bit darker on the SF side and a lot lighter on the PK side. The flash image also has the flash going off ever so slightly more angled towards the PK side as evident by the light reflection off of the wood table in the foreground and the inconsistent shading of the PK (hot spot in the lower right). Again, not saying that you did anything intentionally incorrect, I just wanted to use that information to show that the PK has a little more sheen to it. The SF has some too, but not much. I've added my one photos below that both agree and disagree with your photos.

And from my post above...

PK = Performance Knit
SF = Silky Faille

PK has more accurate colors TRUE
SF has slightly darker blacks TRUE

PK passes more air, which in means that it is better acoustically TRUE
SF is significantly more difficult to blow air through, but I still believe that it will work fine because it is on the level of the original Kona Cotton that was tested and used for a while as the original fabric. TRUE

PK stretches a lot easier, which means easier to get wrinkles out, but also means that the image can be overstretched easily and thus takes a little more effort to keep things straight. The benefit of this is that it is also easy to make adjustments by adding more staples to the right spots. TRUE
SF is more rigid which means to get wrinkles out, you will need to steam the fabric, or spray with a fabric wrinkle release product. If you pull too hard to get wrinkles out, it too will distort and requires more muscle to straighten it if you do get distortion. It is, however, less prone to distortion as long as you don't "over muscle" it. TRUE

People here have used both and have had great success with both. TRUE

And now my own photos. These were taken on my new Galaxy S5 and are completely unaltered. The one with the 4 entire fabric samples was taken last night, the others about 15 minutes ago.

Kona Cotton - Performance Knit - Silky Faille WITH flash at a slight angle.

Kona Cotton - Performance Knit - Silky Faille NO flash at a slight angle.

Kona Cotton - Performance Knit - Silky Faille WITH flash straight down.

I switched the following two in order to get the SF into the middle instead of the PK just for thoroughness.
Kona Cotton - Silky Faille - Performance Knit NO flash straight down. Notice the color deviation in the SF. While it isn't that dominant in real life, it is there enough to show up in the photo. This is inaccurate color.

Kona Cotton - Silky Faille - Performance Knit WITH flash straight down.

Performance Knit (top) - Silky Faille (bottom) NO flash

(AVS rotated the picture sideways for the next one, so "sideways" orientation is below - Kona Ultra off to the side, but not included since it isn't available)
Performance Knit - Kona Cotton
Performance Pique - Silky Faille WITH flash

As you can see, some images, especially the straight down shots, the SF seems to be noticeably better, at an angle you could argue that the PK looks better. With the two fabrics side by side in the 2nd to last image (where I focus on just those two and their black squares) they look pretty even.

You can't tell too much from the final picture, but the color of the PK is more accurate for more of the colors in the sample than any of the others. In real life that probably doesn't matter either as who is going to have a color swatch next to your posters to see if they are correct. I needed them to be since I was color matching pain and other colors in my theater room, so it was important to me. It might not be to you.

So there you have it. This *should* be the end all, be all on the subject of SF and PK. They both work great and look outstanding, especially against the original Kona product that people were stuck with for so long. They should both function well as acoustical fabric, and blacks/color accuracy really probably doesn't matter for 99.5% of the people doing this, so that is a wash. Wrinkles are easily removed with either product, they just take different methods... Either lightly stretch the PK, or apply some steam or wrinkle release for the SF. Easy as can be. The real only remaining debate is consistently about the easy of getting them mounted to a frame easily and accurately. SF lends itself to end up straight to begin with, but is a bit more work to fix something if it does end up crooked or out of alignment. As mentioned by another very recent post from someone else, SF does NOT stretch much at all, no matter what the size. PK should only be stretched a small amount or you could end up fighting wavey lines, however if you do end up with something out of alignment, you can just stretch that area either to pull more away from the front, or to stretch it more away from the back and add another staple and you are good to go.

I think that Soupy and I would both say that having a helper, while not required, would be a big help. Also, there are recommended methods for stapling canvas to a frame that can be googled that might help some people. That worked for me, but might not be required depending on your skill/luck/etc.

Whew....

I'm out.... You all have a great one and remember, just pick what you think would work best for you and enjoy it. It will be awesome both visually and these panels can REALLY help acoustically with any listening space.
post #1280 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Got my performance knit today, can't wait to get it on! Really impressed by the colors.

gaqaqype.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Djoel likes this.

post #1281 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I meant it has enough stretch to manipulate the fabric enough to fix small errors in mounting. No it will not stretch a 1/4" if you made your print to small. PK would be great to stretch a small image to a larger size but than you run the risk of distortion.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
post #1282 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 03:05 PM

I should say when I used Silky faille I wrapped the image around the sides and din't use a black border. I did have the correct size image though. I guess since no ones wants me to buy them a yard of fabric I will just leave well enough alone. Both fabrics are nice so I really don't care which is used. I just thought some of the wonky posters (although they still looked great) might have been easier to put together with a different fabric. Who knows maybe they would have turned out worse. I just imagined it was the stretch but could be wrong.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
post #1283 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't worry too much about it Soupy. I think that people have enough info here and just aren't prone to experiment like we have.
post #1284 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheYC View Post

Got my performance knit today, can't wait to get it on! Really impressed by the colors.

gaqaqype.jpg

That is truly hideous. I mean, the printing is nice but the picture...ughh. J/K. smile.gif I'm not a baseball guy so I don't care but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
post #1285 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is truly hideous. I mean, the printing is nice but the picture...ughh. J/K. smile.gif I'm not a baseball guy so I don't care but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I bet if it were a pic of some naked 18s you'd like it😉

How's that sofa sub build coming along?
post #1286 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I bet if it were a pic of some naked 18s you'd like it😉

How's that sofa sub build coming along?

Haha. Been destroying my walls and ceiling running wires for surrounds and a projector.

Probably going to start on the box next weekend, Will make it modular so I can try it firing into the seat, into the floor and into the wall. I'll take some measurements but I'll primarily select an orientation based on how it sounds and feels. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah. I did order a second SpeakerPower SP2-8000 amp to power the additional 2 subs. 16,000 watts of power to 5 subs. 4,000w each to my 3 LMS 5400s, which is double the power compared to when you heard the pair at Beasts GTG. And then the pair of UXL-18s will share 4000w so 2000w each to the under/behind the couch subs.

That's ridiculous...I need help. Less than a year ago I came back to AVS to buy a single sub like the Submersive.
post #1287 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Don't worry too much about it Soupy. I think that people have enough info here and just aren't prone to experiment like we have.

Yeah I know. People still seem to ask the question though. Which fabric is best. I try not to answer those questions directly, because I do want people to decide for themselves (plus I don't know which is best). We all have opinions, but it would be nice if someone could actually try both side by side (not a 8" sample) and give their opinion as to which they liked better. I think I will save my $25 though, and move on.
nickbuol likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
post #1288 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Haha. Been destroying my walls and ceiling running wires for surrounds and a projector.

Probably going to start on the box next weekend, Will make it modular so I can try it firing into the seat, into the floor and into the wall. I'll take some measurements but I'll primarily select an orientation based on how it sounds and feels. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah. I did order a second SpeakerPower SP2-8000 amp to power the additional 2 subs. 16,000 watts of power to 5 subs. 4,000w each to my 3 LMS 5400s, which is double the power compared to when you heard the pair at Beasts GTG. And then the pair of UXL-18s will share 4000w so 2000w each to the under/behind the couch subs.

That's ridiculous...I need help. Less than a year ago I came back to AVS to buy a single sub like the Submersive.

Yeah this place does nothing to help keep money in your pocket. Still astounds me that those subs can take that kind if power when my hsu vtf3mk3 does a hell of a job with 350w rms. It doesn't hit ludicrous speed like beast's house, but still.
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk4.html
post #1289 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah I know. People still seem to ask the question though. Which fabric is best. I try not to answer those questions directly, because I do want people to decide for themselves (plus I don't know which is best). We all have opinions, but it would be nice if someone could actually try both side by side (not a 8" sample) and give their opinion as to which they liked better. I think I will save my $25 though, and move on.

It's very generous of you, but in the end it's still just another opinion and nothing definitive. Save your money for another panel😉
post #1290 of 1522 Old 05-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:

It's very generous of you, but in the end it's still just another opinion and nothing definitive. Save your money for another panel😉

At least it would have been an opinion from someone who has actually used (mounted on a frame) both fabrics. No big deal though, people can keep asking the question and getting an answer half based on speculation. It has worked thus far. At least no one is using Kona anymore.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List