The Timelapse Theatre - Planning n' Build Log - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
On phone cant lookup amplifier testing thread, but this is decent deal and i think the power might be right.......

Anyone know what this thing puts into 4ohms stereo or 8ohms bridged?

Ep2000

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/vbcla...do=ad&id=17272
NicksHitachi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Newbie
 
SerenaFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

On phone cant lookup amplifier testing thread, but this is decent deal and i think the power might be right.......

Anyone know what this thing puts into 4ohms stereo or 8ohms bridged?

Ep2000

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/vbcla...do=ad&id=17272

4Ohm Stereo 2x 500 W - 8Ohm Bridged 1000 W
SerenaFate is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

On phone cant lookup amplifier testing thread, but this is decent deal and i think the power might be right.......

Anyone know what this thing puts into 4ohms stereo or 8ohms bridged?

Ep2000

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/vbcla...do=ad&id=17272


Background: The EP2000 is the same amp as the EP1500^ just rebadged and sold under different test specs(same amp).

It tests out to 400Wpch @4ohms......

Here's what lilmike advised when I asked about power handling of the DVC in the F20:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike View Post

Issue with a horn (any horn) is that distortion will rise below Fc.

That's the fundamental reason why I highpass.

500 watts into the DVC with a 12 dB highpass at 20 should be OK, but I don't have one to test, so I can't be sure.

More in depth in the F20 thread about our convo. Having said alllll that 400W/sub should be a very safe setup for the horns but you will need a high pass. The high pass according to Mike is more to control distortion below Fc(tune of the horn) which in this case is 20Hz. The best solution for that IMO is the MINIdsp which will also take care of EQ.

NicksHitachi is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Wow, you've all been busy while I've been away! We just got back to the house from a trip out of town for the weekend. I've got my projector and I'm heading downstairs to play with it right away!
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,970
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

I've got my projector and I'm heading downstairs to play with it right away!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!
Spaceman is online now  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,173
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm telling ya, he'll go down there, but he won't be back. He will be mesmerized for days. I wonder if he'll do a time lapse of himself caressing, stroking, and spending quality time with his new toy.

EDIT: (Sorry, I went back and re-read the above and it has a creepyness about it. Not enough to remove it, but it's there)

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,970
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm telling ya, he'll go down there, but he won't be back. He will be mesmerized for days. I wonder if he'll do a time lapse of himself caressing, stroking, and spending quality time with his new toy.

EDIT: (Sorry, I went back and re-read the above and it has a creepyness about it. Not enough to remove it, but it's there)

Regards,

RTROSE

I certainly sensed the creepiness and can only speak for myself when saying, "No time lapse necessary".
Spaceman is online now  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm telling ya, he'll go down there, but he won't be back. He will be mesmerized for days. I wonder if he'll do a time lapse of himself caressing, stroking, and spending quality time with his new toy.

EDIT: (Sorry, I went back and re-read the above and it has a creepyness about it. Not enough to remove it, but it's there)

Regards,

RTROSE

Haha FF one month...... Last thing he said was he was going down stairs to play with it...... That was the last we heard......

Hows that for creepy?
NicksHitachi is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tony123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 4,994
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Despite my reputation, I do have moral standards. Unfortunately, I'll have to ban this thread until the quality of production goes back to it's typical high level.

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
tony123 is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thanks for keeping them in check, Tony!
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
This projector is excellent! I was incredibly impressed! I wound up working until 2:45 this morning on the mudding and taping. I have the day off today, fortunately. I bought paint today and will be working on sanding this evening.
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
stevegravley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

This projector is excellent! I was incredibly impressed! I wound up working until 2:45 this morning on the mudding and taping. I have the day off today, fortunately. I bought paint today and will be working on sanding this evening.

I'm very impressed you were able to get any work done after playing with the RS45!


Wait a minute...


Did you play with the projector until 2:35am and quickly slapped on a bit of mud so that you could say you had been working?!

I'm glad you like the PJ. I love mine and was excited to see you made the same choice.

My home theater build thread
LEVEL 4: Center for Entertainment
stevegravley is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegravley View Post

I'm very impressed you were able to get any work done after playing with the RS45!


Wait a minute...


Did you play with the projector until 2:35am and quickly slapped on a bit of mud so that you could say you had been working?!

I'm glad you like the PJ. I love mine and was excited to see you made the same choice.

Haha, no. I had the projector playing (Back to the Future!) while I finished up the mudding.

I'm amazed at the black level from this projector. Even projecting onto a dingy white wall with the bulb in eco mode it's impressive.

I have BOXED UP THE PROJECTOR until such time as I have finished construction in the room. I'm going to work on sanding and mud touch-up tonight. If all goes splendidly my wife and I will start painting tonight or tomorrow!
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post


I have BOXED UP THE PROJECTOR until such time as I have finished construction in the room.

If this claim is to true; this is one incredible example of extreme willpower!
I'm skeptical - but I guess this it's possible .....

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

cuzed2 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stockmonkey2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Utah County
Posts: 1,710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Glad to hear you like the projector. I'll be ordering my shortly.
stockmonkey2000 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It's all true. The projector is nestled all snug in its bed until quite a few more things are finished.

Stock, you will LOVE the 45! It will be the cherry on top of your gorgeous theatre!

Tonight i got the theatre soffits taped, mudded, and sanded. Take THAT, to-do list! My wife and I will start painting tomorrow (after a LOT of drywall dust cleanup)! I can't believe it!
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Hi JD,

Here is where I got my OC703

http://spi-co.com/

Find a local dist or come visit Wilmington!
NicksHitachi is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

Hi JD,

Here is where I got my OC703

http://spi-co.com/

Find a local dist or come visit Wilmington!

Thanks! Wilmington, eh? Hmmm! I could use a day at the beach!

Thanks for all of your information about the amplifiers. It has NOT fallen on deaf ears, I'm just preoccupied with construction details. I should have thanked you earlier.

It turns out that the Crown amplifier my friend had is actually a Peavy. Should work OK until I can get something beefier.
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post


Thanks! Wilmington, eh? Hmmm! I could use a day at the beach!

Thanks for all of your information about the amplifiers. It has NOT fallen on deaf ears, I'm just preoccupied with construction details. I should have thanked you earlier.

It turns out that the Crown amplifier my friend had is actually a Peavy. Should work OK until I can get something beefier.

Visit: Anytime man just say when. If you being the fam ill make sure its on one of the weeks i have my son and the boys could play.....

Amp: Dude i know it was a bit long winded, but its complicated recommending a pro amp, dont want to recommend something that could cause damage.

Peavey: It should work nicely, let me know when your up and running and ready to set the Sub EQ.
NicksHitachi is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

Visit: Anytime man just say when. If you being the fam ill make sure its on one of the weeks i have my son and the boys could play.....

Amp: Dude i know it was a bit long winded, but its complicated recommending a pro amp, dont want to recommend something that could cause damage.

Peavey: It should work nicely, let me know when your up and running and ready to set the Sub EQ.

Thanks again!

Editing some video tonight while I wait for mud to dry. My wife and I are going to work down in the theatre shortly: sanding, cleaning, and starting to paint. YEAH.
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Ah yes, and we heard from our accountant regarding taxes. We severely screwed up our withholdings or maybe it was selling/buying the houses this year so we'll be getting a refund! I haven't gotten a refund in forever.

SO that means that we'll be looking at carpet! Depending on how much the carpet costs we may also have enough to buy a chair or two.
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,970
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

Depending on how much the carpet costs we may also have enough to buy a chair or two.

Chairs are good. They certainly add to the experience.
Spaceman is online now  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HopefulFred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,918
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 223
I heard a rumor that the new video was already up on YouTube (hot tip: I subscribed to your channel!)

I hope that it isn't a secret rumor. Video looks good - Nick and Dan move fast....

Fred
HopefulFred is online now  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post

I heard a rumor that the new video was already up on YouTube (hot tip: I subscribed to your channel!)

I hope that it isn't a secret rumor. Video looks good - Nick and Dan move fast....

Fred

jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Maybe SOMEBODY likes to embed those videos at the top of new pages?
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
New Video!

Wiring, Subwoofers, Drywall, Guest Stars! Including our own NicksHitachi!

jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

Chairs are good. They certainly add to the experience.

Seating is a hot discussion at the moment. It's really hard to find something you like! You don't want to screw it up, you know?
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jdanforth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
OK, enough horsing around. Time to get back to the project! I've got more popcorn to scrape and mud to sand!
jdanforth is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HopefulFred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,918
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

Maybe SOMEBODY likes to embed those videos at the top of new pages?

nicely done.
HopefulFred is online now  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off