I made a little progress today. As is typical of my vacations I have come down with a cold on the first day.
Progress was, naturally, kind of slow. I did manage to squeeze in a day game at the Durham Bulls, though!
I wasn't feeling nearly as bad then as I do now.
Nevertheless, we press on.
I pulled up all the carpet and padding yesterday and stuffed it into my wife's car. Today I dropped it off at the recycling center and then spent an hour cleaning my wife's car!
Two of the four columns for the screen wall are built. I'm going to have two more since my screen wall will turn in towards the rack and stop.
More fingerjointed and primed pine. This stuff is pricey but it is SO nice to work with lumber that is dimensioned and straight!
Final coat of pre-hang paint is on the molding that will go at the intersection of soffit and ceiling.
Tomorrow I'll be at TechShop RDU working on the CNC project for the rear wall.
That should be photogenic!
And I just realized that I never showed a picture of the floor with the carpet pulled up! Look at that! It sure sounds a whole lot different now!
Also pictured is the wonderful paint job that my wife did on the baseboard. Yeah! That's the same color as the soffits.