AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I'll be hanging around to see how your bar build goes. I know you are confined by your room and with want you want to do regarding the sides and rear speakers and wall mounting is not really a viable option as per your layout. Since the rears and sides are supporting cast members in this whole theater surround sound thing, I'd say that IMHO in-ceiling speakers will fit the bill very nicely.

You are detail oriented and are handy to boot so I's say that with all of your talent you can pull this off pretty handily. Now get to work!

Regards,

RTROSE
Thanks for the compliments, RT!

I have a couple pieces of bamboo plywood laying around that I might use to make the bar top. Could be really nice, you know?

The bar row is mostly so I can get more seating in there. I worried about that when I built the place originally but I think this will help tremendously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1293 Unread Yesterday, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 53
My theater is roughly 20 feet deep. I wish I had about two more feet width (making it roughly 15.5 feet wide) and about 5-6 deeper so I had room to add a bar top seating area. That would be very nice for the games and whatnot because it is awkward to eat in actual theater chairs and then it would be nice from time to time to have the extra seating. Like for example when my oldest has all of his buddies and their buddies over and have 15 people in my 7 seat theater.

Looking forward to seeing the time lapse of this little endeavor come together.

On an unrelated note but something that you can identify with, my youngest son 16 has taken a keen interest in photography this past year and for Christmas this year we bought him a Nikon D3200 as his first DSLR. He has had the use of my old Minolta 35mm SLR but this is his first foray into a solid DSLR platform. Bonus is that I can use it when he isn't, but that will be awhile until the newness wears off.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #1293 of 1293 Unread Today, 08:18 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
I would second the idea of going ahead and at least wiring for atmos while you are at it. If Atmos doesn't pan out, receivers are now also starting to incorporate auro 3D format which can take other formats and retro-fit to them. From almost any review I have found, it is really incredible so far.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction