AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
Count me in for this.
I've seen pictures of your saw horses. I have a feeling you're not going to wait on the GTG
Mfusick and BllDo like this.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2002 Old 09-02-2014, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Question for you guys. I need to be able to mount my crown molding 7" from my wall so that I have space for my treatments and fabric panels. I'm trying to decide on a quick way to do this without building something elaborate (e.g. see rev. 1 of my wainscoting design). I need a way to attach the crown, and it would be nice if there is a lip at the bottom to hide the edge of the fabric panel as well. Do you guys have any ideas, or do you know how this is typically done?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1983 of 2002 Old 09-02-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 56
If the crown is going to abut the bottom of the soffit: rip a 2x4 on the table saw at 45d, fasted 2x4 to bottom of soffit, nail crown to angled edge of 2x4. This should give you a lip at the bottom.

Tim

ICC Certified.

||
||
||

post #1984 of 2002 Old 09-02-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That sounds simple enough

post #1985 of 2002 Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I was think wait until panels are installed then brad nail to the panelframe that would make the panels more permanent though

post #1986 of 2002 Old 09-03-2014, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post
I've seen pictures of your saw horses. I have a feeling you're not going to wait on the GTG
I'm on diet actually; I was 193 pounds at the MD checkup I just had. I need get in shape build my house. It's a lot more fun getting fat, than being fat. Lol. I need drop 15 pounds so no beer for me except when I'm out or at bar watching nfl.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #1987 of 2002 Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

What is the latest word on you speaker and subs ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #1988 of 2002 Old 09-03-2014, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm on diet actually; I was 193 pounds at the MD checkup I just had. I need get in shape build my house. It's a lot more fun getting fat, than being fat. Lol. I need drop 15 pounds so no beer for me except when I'm out or at bar watching nfl.
Haha! I hear you on that. My MD gave me a stern talking to as well. So I'm running again. Of course, the last time I was below 200# I was in junior high I think. Maybe a freshman in high school.

Quote:
What is the latest word on you speaker and subs ?
Still waiting on parts for the Fusion 15. As soon as Erich will let me order, I plan to get three. I'm leaning towards V-8 Volts for surrounds and possibly ATMOS overheads as well. The FR on those things is not that great, though. So I'm still wavering a bit on that decision. For subs I'm thinking two lilwreckers. I'm not exactly sure when I settled on that, but I've been tweaking my layout to make them fit. I might be able to get a third one in the back corner, but that will be a project for later.

post #1989 of 2002 Old 09-04-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I was over 200 and just felt fat. I got down to around 185 and felt much better. over the holiday and the threw in my birth week with cake at work meetings and home I am pushing 192 and feel fat again. back to the diet. Oh and did I mention most of the loss was from stop drinking Mt Dew and beer. Guess what two beverages I had during my birth week?

post #1990 of 2002 Old 09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Haha! I hear you on that. My MD gave me a stern talking to as well. So I'm running again. Of course, the last time I was below 200# I was in junior high I think. Maybe a freshman in high school.

Still waiting on parts for the Fusion 15. As soon as Erich will let me order, I plan to get three. I'm leaning towards V-8 Volts for surrounds and possibly ATMOS overheads as well. The FR on those things is not that great, though. So I'm still wavering a bit on that decision. For subs I'm thinking two lilwreckers. I'm not exactly sure when I settled on that, but I've been tweaking my layout to make them fit. I might be able to get a third one in the back corner, but that will be a project for later.
lilwreckers?

post #1991 of 2002 Old 09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
lilwreckers?
What about them?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lilwrecker#

It's a folded tapped horn design that works well with budget subwoofers (like APLINE, Stereo Integrity, Kicker, etc - all available cheap ) to product lots of clean horn bass.

A few would be nice solution without breaking the bank. But folding a horn is no simple thing.

-

post #1992 of 2002 Old 09-05-2014, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Subtle, Mfusick. Subtle

post #1993 of 2002 Old 09-06-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Subtle, Mfusick. Subtle
Lol. I had a tough time deciding what his post meant or understanding it. I edited my original reply. At first I thought his reply meant a challenge to the validity of using a Lilwrecker; then I realized he might be asking what the heck is a Lilwrecker ?

-

post #1994 of 2002 Old 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

LordVaderLackofProgressisDisturbing.jpeg

-

post #1995 of 2002 Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I know you know, so how come there's no thread, you know?

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/wavegui...ion15-kit.html

lalalalal ::I'm not listening to you saying that you're waiting on assembled crossovers:: lalalala

Edit: Okay, fine - you've waited lang enough. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/wavegui...crossover.html
Mfusick likes this.

Last edited by HopefulFred; 09-17-2014 at 05:58 PM.
post #1996 of 2002 Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post

lalalalal ::I'm not listening to you saying that you're waiting on assembled crossovers:: lalalala

Edit: Okay, fine - you've waited lang enough. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/wavegui...crossover.html
I think he is too busy CUTTING WOOD!

/Joke

Quote:
LordVaderLackofProgressisDisturbing.jpeg
JRock3x8 likes this.

-

post #1997 of 2002 Old 09-17-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
I'm 265 lbs and feeling great! But then again I have vertical height to play with..........if my MD commented on my girth he'd be in big trouble in little China!

Actually, I'm only 30 pounds heavier than my college days................sad part, at my age things tend to sag!

Still recovering from three looooong weekends.............think I'm down to 258 lbs!

Have to catch up on my reading.......glad to see you're making progress JPA!

My Build Threads

post #1998 of 2002 Old 09-17-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Very interested to see how this turns out
Mfusick likes this.
post #1999 of 2002 Old 09-19-2014, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post

Quote:
I think he is too busy CUTTING WOOD!

Sorry guys! I've been pretty busy with work and school lately. I haven't even been in the basement since my last progress post. So yeah, I've been holding off hoping for an assembled crossover. They're listed on the site, but are "out of stock." I figured the $80 for three would be well worth the time it saves me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley9576 View Post
Very interested to see how this turns out
Thanks! I'm certainly interested in seeing it turn out as well I'm ready to watch a movie and play some video games!

post #2000 of 2002 Old 09-19-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Sorry guys! I've been pretty busy with work and school lately.
That explains it. I was getting ready to send out a search team.
post #2001 of 2002 Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did you decide to try the crossover's yourself ? Or buy them ?

-

post #2002 of 2002 Old 09-23-2014, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'll build them. The preassembled crossovers are not available yet.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page