Another Erskine-designed masterpiece (if I don't screw it up). - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 71Likes
post #511 of 515 Unread 02-16-2017, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwthacker View Post
Kris,

First- this is an absolutely astounding theater! It's been fantastic to watch your build. I'm working with EG now on a design-- I plan on staying married, so planning on a more modest build!

Second- given the large # of speakers you've got, i'm curious on where you've placed all of them. Especially the Atmos speakers. Do you have a (non EG) mockup that shows your room and speakers? Thanks!
The overhead channels in this room were part of an upgrade around two years ago or so. I don't think I would change much about the speaker locations, but they were constrained by the existing ceiling plan.

Anyway, the room has 9 overhead channels. The speakers are Triad In Ceiling Bronze LCR, which have an angled design to point drivers toward the seating area. There are 3 rows of 3 speakers, so Top Front, Top Middle, and Top Rear. None of the 3D Immersive Audio formats support every speaker, so we used some trickery with the Altitude32 surround processor and the QSC QSys DSP processors to maximize the use of each speaker.

I think I overheard you talking to one of our designers today while I was in the office. Welcome to the family.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
Master ARCOS Calibrator, Cedia Designer, HAA Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 515 Unread 02-16-2017, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks Adam, and great work on the Barber theater!
post #513 of 515 Unread Yesterday, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwthacker View Post
given the large # of speakers you've got, i'm curious on where you've placed all of them. Especially the Atmos speakers. Do you have a (non EG) mockup that shows your room and speakers? Thanks!
As Adam eluded to, it was his and Dennis' work on the Atmos upgrade. I just told them that I would like to add a Trinnov and they picked the speakers, number, and placement for my room.

The end result, IMHO, is fantastic! Very difficult to "locate" the speakers audibly when playing Atmos/DTS:X/Auro material. Objects just magically appear and float around the room seamlessly. Very enveloping.

If you are working with them, you are in good hands. . . .
Peter M and PTAaron like this.

post #514 of 515 Unread Today, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Love the V6 cabs so much. If I could afford them that would be my setup for sure! I've even tried modeling some DIY version just because of how mean they look but failed miserably each time lol.

Congrats on the new upgrades! Killer sound and picture I'm sure.
post #515 of 515 Unread Today, 11:20 AM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction