So, this is going to be that last post as an update to this theater build although I welcome any discussion on what I did. The reason is because I sold my house to move to another area and I can't lift the theater with me and go, sadly. But I learned a lot and will be excited for my next theater build when that happens.
So, I wasn't happy with the fabric that I had originally installed nor was I happy with the way the frames fit to my wall. So, I took off all the frames, painted the wall black and started over. I used the original 1x2 furring strips and and put them up on the wall and that is what I would secure my frames to. This time I took 2x4's and ripped 1/4 off each side making it 3in wide and the cut strips of 1 inch thick for my new frame boards. These were much straighter and stronger. I also used pocket holes to make each corner which made them really strong for taking them off and on the walls as needed. I used industrial strength velcro again and stapled each side of the velcro to the wood parts. This made them really strong and kept them from coming off. The problem I had before was that the adhesive worked well but with just the paper lining on the drywall, the adhesive would stick and then the weight and curvature of my wall would just tear right off after a certain time. After all this I replaced the fabric with good old GOM, the anchorage type fabric which is beautiful and stretches just the right amount. It is expensive but in the end it was well worth it. So, really you do get what you pay for and I should've bought that as my choice upfront. Then with my handy electric staple gun I stapled down one side after stapling the top and bottoms, and then I stretched on the opposite side. This gave me a nice even stretch across the entire surface. Then I filled the frames with OC701 and 703 depending on the back wall or other walls. Nothing else has really changed. It looks beautiful and sounds amazing. Here is the final result. By the way, the 3D is amazing and I couldn't have hoped for a better result. Much smoother, brighter and crisper images compared to the typical single movie 3D TV/projector setup. The below image was taken with a slightly longer exposure to show the colors and lighting of the area, but in reality is much darker as my entrance lighting with the sides and sconces going out but leaving the soffit lights on for movie watching.
Here is the stairway with one backlit movie poster. It was really simple to build and relatively inexpensive to do following this guide: http://imgur.com/a/gwMXj
I just didn't need the dimmer switch and I got a flexible LED kit from amazon which did the job just as well.
By the way I have a pretty good portion of my OC701 left, I think 22 sheets up for a cheap price and 55 yds of the GOM which is enough to do the same size theater as mine and some. PM me if you're interested, I need to get rid of it ASAP.