Skyrun Cinema build begins - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 95 Old 07-23-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I got a little bit done on my 3D and anamorphic setup. I created just a simple frame holder on sliding drawer rails attached to the ceiling it worked out pretty spiffy.

IMG_20120723_130143.jpg

However, I only got a part of the way through making the anamorphic lense. I also ended up testing the viablity of putting the polarizers in front of each anamorphic lense and my sheets are too small for the image coming out of the other side. So, I'm justing going to make do without two lenses and do zooming for any 3D movies that need it. In other news, I'm on a slight delay as I need to find more matching fabric for my walls and will have to wait at least a week or so.rolleyes.gif Figures. Anyways, at least it's fully working and even more so when I get the lense up. I got my 3D copy of John Carter in the mail on Friday and watch quite a bit of it. I was thoroughly impressed with 3D quality, and brightness that I was able to achieve with two projectors. I'll post another pic when I get the lense up and running.

Skyrun Cinema Build-Speakers done and positioned. 7/2 THTLP done. Fabric Frames going on now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 07-27-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

So I got another important piece of the theater working and that would be the anamorphic lens. For a DIY'er version it does pretty well. I moved it into place and got it more or less in place and adjusted. I'll have to do more rough adjustments on the projectors to get them aligned to the screen so that when I put the lens in front I won't have to make any adjustments afterwards. But just judging from a uniformity in shape and chromatic aberration . These are the pics of the lens setup but I won't include pics of the screen until I get the projectors aligned and adjusted properly. The rig itself to move it in place works rather well I must say.

IMG_20120727_082918.jpg

IMG_20120727_082752.jpg

Skyrun Cinema Build-Speakers done and positioned. 7/2 THTLP done. Fabric Frames going on now.

post #93 of 95 Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Anything new happening? Are you attending the Omaha theater GTG this weekend?

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
post #94 of 95 Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for a long wait but I'm finally back and will be starting up on finishing the theater again. More to come.

post #95 of 95 Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Good deal, keep us updated!

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page