AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

Landshark,
The poster frames are very cool, can you post a link? Pricing? I am looking over their site, now, and am not seeing those poster frames. I have a local theater that sells the posters they have overstocked, for like 5 bucks, and mine are aged already. If I don't get them up soon, the movies will be classics.
Here it is --> http://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=7030

~ Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 510 Old 09-02-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Today, I installed one of the two LED poster frame. Reason was I ordered 2 OutletLinc from SmartHome, but they sent only 1 OutletLinc device, the other one was a correct OutletLinc box, but with a SmartLinc switch inside! Apparently, SmartHome's QC/Packing Dept. isn't that Smart.... Will need to contact them for a replacement after the holiday.... mad.gif

Anyway, here's some update pics for 1 of the frame.

Smarthome OutletLinc at the left

The transformer tucked in nicely inside the recess.

Also I paired the OutletLinc to a motion sensor, so whenever I walk into the basement, the poster will light up by itself and I've set the timer to turn it off in 2 mins if no motion detected. I really like the effect as we will get to see the poster lighted up everytime we are there. No user input or flip a switch is needed. wink.gif I'll try to do a video when I have the other frame next week.

~ Gary

)

post #93 of 510 Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's the video clip of the motion control of the LED light movie poster frame.

Down the road when we build the wet bar, the left wall of the entry, I'll also have the sensor to control the in cabinet and under cabinet lights too. smile.gif
prican2000 likes this.

~ Gary

)

post #94 of 510 Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 76
That is pretty cool.

Jonny 5

post #95 of 510 Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Awesome. And I like how you stand there for a few seconds admiring your creation wink.giftongue.gif

------

post #96 of 510 Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 257
+1 I'd probably still be standing there admiring it smile.gif

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

post #97 of 510 Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
That's really cool and even better if the wife doesnt think its overkill biggrin.gif

post #98 of 510 Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
That setup is pretty sweet. I really like the timer option. Good idea

(Currently on Pause)
post #99 of 510 Old 09-15-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageless83 View Post

That's really cool and even better if the wife doesnt think its overkill biggrin.gif
I guess I'm a lucky guy. She's totally love it too. biggrin.gif

~ Gary

)

post #100 of 510 Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Here's the video clip of the motion control of the LED light movie poster frame.

Sick Gary!

Any possibility you can get them to fade vs. a hard on/off? I think it would add to the subtleness and elegance of what you are going for. Also, are those posters on the outside of your HT? I guess if they are outside then it doesn't really matter. Super cool regardless bro!

post #101 of 510 Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Sick Gary!
Any possibility you can get them to fade vs. a hard on/off? I think it would add to the subtleness and elegance of what you are going for. Also, are those posters on the outside of your HT? I guess if they are outside then it doesn't really matter. Super cool regardless bro!
The Insteon OutletLinc that I'm using is a dimmerable controller. However, those LED poster frame just can't be dim due to it's very low load. And yes, they are mounted on either side of the door right before one enter the HT in the basement sitting/common area. Will build a wet bar there after the HT is done.

~ Gary

)

post #102 of 510 Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Liked: 11
Hey Landshark, if you don't mind me asking was this the led display lightbox you bought?
http://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=17645
post #103 of 510 Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcandraw View Post

Hey Landshark, if you don't mind me asking was this the led display lightbox you bought?
http://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=17645
That looks very similar, but this is the actual frame that I use. http://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=7030 Still love them, durable metal frame, and doesn't feel cheap or easy to break after a few changes. smile.gif

~ Gary

)

post #104 of 510 Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Alright, finally I stole a couple days off from Big/Jeff's busy schedule to come work on my HT/fabric wall.

Here's some pics of hard working people. tongue.gif

The basic frame is almost done, yay! smile.gif

Hopefully we'll finish sanding and start wrapping tomorrow. wink.gif

~ Gary

)

post #105 of 510 Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
If anyone is counting that is 66 2x2 frames. There will probably be another 25+ of various sizes for the front wall around the screen, the borders around the random wall pattern, the doors and one odd wall that doesn't divide by 2ft evenly.

PROJECTS:

post #106 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Holy cats! That's a lot of frames eek.gif

------

post #107 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Holy cats! That's a lot of frames eek.gif
Yeah, I think Big is done for building and sanding frames for awhile. tongue.gif

~ Gary

)

post #108 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A bit more progress today. We spent a whole morning just to sand all the frames at Big's shop. Then we head to my house to build a few panels.

The back of the panel stuffed with Linacoustic.

Testing our design concept, stagger/patchy random wall pattern.

We like it a lot! The design is "different" than most other fabric wall design. smile.gif

~ Gary

)

post #109 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looks pretty good. Nice looking design.

(Currently on Pause)
post #110 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Some pictures on my camera from todays playtime.

Window be gone:

IMG_8799.jpg

IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8807.jpg

IMG_8811.jpg

IMG_8814.jpg

three depths of panels arranged in random design, got 6 up today another 60+ to go.

IMG_8822.jpg

IMG_8827.jpg

A comparison to our original plan based on Gary's inspiration photos.

IMG_8337.jpg

PROJECTS:

post #111 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

The back of the panel stuffed with Linacoustic.

What is the 2nd fabric we are seeing? Did you need to wrap the front of your Linacoustic before placing it in the frame to prevent it from showing through the light colored fabric on the front of the panel?

Spaceman Theater Build

post #112 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

What is the 2nd fabric we are seeing? Did you need to wrap the front of your Linacoustic before placing it in the frame to prevent it from showing through the light colored fabric on the front of the panel?
Exactly. We tested with the Linacousitc underneath, we could quite easily see through the light color fabric. So we use Big's sample AT screen material to put it in between. Now we can't see it even when taking photos with the flash on. smile.gif

~ Gary

)

post #113 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/2195into

PROJECTS:

post #114 of 510 Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/2195into

When showing your theater to family and friends, make no mention of buying anything at SpandexWorld, as the coolness factor instantly drops 10 points. Should someone ask about the inside of your panels, just mention they include a "synthetic copolymer" and quickly move on to your equipment rack.

Spaceman Theater Build

post #115 of 510 Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Did someone say spandex? I've been taking group exercise classes for 20 years and I miss the good old days.

classic-aerobics-outfits.jpg?w=1050&h=689

PROJECTS:

post #116 of 510 Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 AM

Liked: 15
See there is nothing wrong with spandex biggrin.gif

Oh yea I like the way the panels are looking too.

Joe V
Time > Money

post #117 of 510 Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Oh please let Hanes read this! Please, please, please! The possibilities are endless!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

post #118 of 510 Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroyv View Post

See there is nothing wrong with spandex

If you say so......
spandex_zps2d014065.jpg

Spaceman Theater Build

post #119 of 510 Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
My eyes!

Any stretchy clothing material should not be made to stretch past a size 4.

(flood resilient build)

Play like a Raven

post #120 of 510 Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I'm really sorry I posted that link now.

PROJECTS:

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Harmony 900 Remote , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Directv , Sonos , Wii U , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page