AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
That fridge is WAY too full.

Let me know if you need any help remedying that.
+1.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2436 Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
That fridge is WAY too full.

Let me know if you need any help remedying that.
Well it is less full than that now We had a 4th of July party, though much more people were drinking Coronas and cocktails instead of strong beers. Big parties bring some bring drinkers! A friend of ours polished off almost a whole bottle of Jameson on his own.
post #2433 of 2436 Old 07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post
Well it is less full than that now We had a 4th of July party, though much more people were drinking Coronas and cocktails instead of strong beers. Big parties bring some bring drinkers! A friend of ours polished off almost a whole bottle of Jameson on his own.
wow i have friend that visits from Massachusetts that arrives on Friday with the monster bottle of Jameson and by Sunday morning it is gone along with two cases of beer.... he may have a prob
Jameson is some strong stuff
post #2434 of 2436 Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Looks awesome! Nice job! Be careful if the fridge light stays on all the time. I'd put the clear bottles on the bottom shelf as they seem to skunk a lot easier when exposed to light.
post #2435 of 2436 Old 07-08-2014, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
Looks awesome! Nice job! Be careful if the fridge light stays on all the time. I'd put the clear bottles on the bottom shelf as they seem to skunk a lot easier when exposed to light.
It's not really an issue. First, I don't leave the light on all of the time. It is an incandescent bulb, so there is very little damaging light, and all of the bottles there are brown anyway. I don't expect any bottle to be there long term, but the bulb/glass color combo is pretty safe long term. I do appreciate your concern for the safety of my beer, though! If I do get any clear bottled beer (or green) I will keep it on the bottom. I think I do have 1 or 2 large bottles of things like Saison Dupont and La Chouffe (Both some of my favorites) at the very bottom, so I am ok there.

Last edited by damelon; 07-08-2014 at 07:07 AM.
post #2436 of 2436 Old 07-08-2014, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
wow i have friend that visits from Massachusetts that arrives on Friday with the monster bottle of Jameson and by Sunday morning it is gone along with two cases of beer.... he may have a prob
Jameson is some strong stuff
Yeah, some people can just down their liquor. I may have a cocktail now and then, but never more than one. Usually always beer at parties to make life easier and pace myself as I am a thin man. Plus I get chronic migraine headaches, so i try to control my consumption, unlike my college days where all bets were off. Then I watch others do like this guy and just down a whole bottle of whisky or vodka and wonder where it all goes. I know how I am after a fraction of that, and they just can keep pounding it down. For my Polish friends, Vodka is a way of life. But I tend to only see this during big parties. We do get together often enough for dinners or camp fires and they will just have a few beers and that's it. So at least it isn't out of control. On our big parties (We do 100+ person 4th of July and Halloween parties) we see several people who get hammered. Less often on the 4th though since many people have their kids.
post #2437 of 2436 Old 07-08-2014, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I do feel the need to now and then muse on my theater experiences as I notice them. So we have two couples visiting from Poland right now and so we are now and then watching some movies we have seen before. Last night we watched "The Conjuring" as they had not yet seen it. I have seen this film before and really liked it as a Horror movie. I am not really a "Slasher" movie fan, but really enjoy movies that mess with your mind, like the Exorcist. My thoughts of the film aside, I found some polish subtitles online and we sat and watched it again. The reason I am posting about it is that I had not watched it before with my new Submersives. I think sometimes we get too tied up in watching "Demo discs" that we forget about every day movies that had LFE we never knew was there. This movie had a lot of excellent LFE in it that I just didn't experience previously. The submersives really shined and brought a totally new experience to this film. There are a lot of scenes that use sound as the "scare" factor and when a noise becomes a sonic rumble or actually causes a feeling on your skin, then it amplifies its effect. This stood out several times during this movie and I had guests asking how many damn speakers I had behind my screen after the movie was over. Very nice!
BrolicBeast likes this.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Optoma Th1060p Projector , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , M80 V3 Floorstanding Speaker Boston Cherry , Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Seaton Sound Submersive H P
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page