post #2581 of 2589 Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post
Aren't those the same seats that have the tray tables that slide out of the armrests... yeah, crazy.

And LOL @ Brolic... when it comes to your theater budget you are nearing the elite of society
Ya. They have a cheap seat that only comes in brown or black that is 60,40 leather/vinyl and it's still like 2100 per seat.

They r just such an expensive chair but so customizable. Only reason I was even looking at them is cause they have a chair that looks like a old school leather chair with rivets. It's pretty cool.

Jimi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Dude with those crazy triads u bought I think u can swing it! Lol

I don't know what it costs but pretty much all fortress seats are 5 grand a piece once u add full leather and power. I can only imagine what the power rise function costs.

Jimi

Ps would be cool though wouldn't it.
5 GRAND PER CHAIR?!?!?!?!?!?!? ALL I CAN SAY IS:

For just one chair, that's just.....obscene!!!!!!

LOL, the Triads were a one-time purchase, and never in my life will I spend such money on speakers. I was actually thinking about selling them, as I'll need a new car soon. lol

...I wish I were joking!

Quote:
Aren't those the same seats that have the tray tables that slide out of the armrests... yeah, crazy.

And LOL @ Brolic... when it comes to your theater budget you are nearing the elite of society
LOLOLOL.....no way! To the elite of society, 5 grand a seat just means "hmm, let me delay my helicopter purchase until tomorrow so I can make that money back." To me, 5 grand a seat means "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....justcan'tdoit!" (<--all one word) lol.
post #2583 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

LOL, the Triads were a one-time purchase, and never in my life will I spend such money on speakers. I was actually thinking about selling them, as I'll need a new car soon. lol

...I wish I were joking!

LOLOLOL.....no way! To the elite of society, 5 grand a seat just means "hmm, let me delay my helicopter purchase until tomorrow so I can make that money back." To me, 5 grand a seat means "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....justcan'tdoit!" (<--all one word) lol.
All of my seats in my theater cost less than 5 grand .. TOTAL. Yeah no way on that one, even though I think they are awesome. That will be one upgrade I can tell you I would never buy. I am just to frugal about some things, and for a single chair, the only way I will ever spend $5000 would be if the seat goes into space.
post #2584 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 146
post #2585 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
mine were on cleareance for $127.00 ea

nice! lol
post #2586 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
All of my seats in my theater cost less than 5 grand .. TOTAL. Yeah no way on that one, even though I think they are awesome. That will be one upgrade I can tell you I would never buy. I am just to frugal about some things, and for a single chair, the only way I will ever spend $5000 would be if the seat goes into space.

what kinda seats do you have again?
post #2587 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

...I wish I were joking!

I hate buying cars. I mean I love new cars, but I'm so OCD when I have a new car I'm in wash mode every week. and it sucks in the winter. I get even more crazy. My wife hates me cause I since hers off each night cause of salt and then it's frozen like a popsicle! lol Then I hear the heat in the garage going cause she is thawing it out. Sucks washing a truck in the winter too when it's 32 out cause all my basement is in my garage now so i can't bucket wash in the garage right now! damn theatre! Damn new cars. that's why i like to drive a beater! lol

I have no idea what to do about chairs. they are either so expensive or cheap but crap. what are your plans?

jim
post #2588 of 2589 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
what kinda seats do you have again?
I have Berkline Reno seats. There were 7 total with power recline and they were just under $4,000 for the set. They are very comfortable, and the power recline is excellent, but the tray tables and tray table holders were pretty crappy, which was one of the reasons I purchased that particular model. I found the price to be a little high and don't think they are the best looking seats either, but it doesn't matter that much. Comfort is the priority and I'm satisfied with that.
post #2589 of 2589 Old Today, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
LOL @ into space! lolol...we have to be selective about expenditure. It's just good money management. My wife, however, does always have the upper hand with me when it comes to purchases. She's not a big shopper, but when she does eye something she likes, and I say "that's way too much money for clothes, she subtly reminds me about what any one piece of gear for the theater has cost me. I can honestly say, the theater seats will not be one of those items. Some seating is well priced, and well worth it when we consider the cost of other furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
mine were on cleareance for $127.00 ea
My envy runs deep ***side eye glare** lol... Such prices are "wow"-inducing.

Quote:
I hate buying cars. I mean I love new cars, but I'm so OCD when I have a new car I'm in wash mode every week. and it sucks in the winter. I get even more crazy. My wife hates me cause I since hers off each night cause of salt and then it's frozen like a popsicle! lol Then I hear the heat in the garage going cause she is thawing it out. Sucks washing a truck in the winter too when it's 32 out cause all my basement is in my garage now so i can't bucket wash in the garage right now! damn theatre! Damn new cars. that's why i like to drive a beater! lol

I have no idea what to do about chairs. they are either so expensive or cheap but crap. what are your plans?

jim
Cars should be the least flashy things in our lives. My car is pushing 140k miles on it, and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off. Earlier in 2014, I was looking at a Tesla--this theater actually blocked that from happening, by drawing out so long. But I'm glad it did. I would have spent a LOT of money on a vehicle.

I'm going with the Fusion Jives. I've heard great things about them.

Quote:
I have Berkline Reno seats. There were 7 total with power recline and they were just under $4,000 for the set. They are very comfortable, and the power recline is excellent, but the tray tables and tray table holders were pretty crappy, which was one of the reasons I purchased that particular model. I found the price to be a little high and don't think they are the best looking seats either, but it doesn't matter that much. Comfort is the priority and I'm satisfied with that.
Those really are some comfortable chairs. I remember Jaimie and I talking about them after we got in the car leaving your place back in 2013. When we sat down in those chairs, we just....sunk into the seat. Very, very relaxing.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Optoma Th1060p Projector , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , M80 V3 Floorstanding Speaker Boston Cherry , Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Seaton Sound Submersive H P
Gear in this thread