Pt-ae7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to start a thread related to the Panasonic PT-AE7000 projector. I am setting up a home theater room with 100% light control (interior room with no windows, but with lighter color carpeting and paint). I would like to use the room for movies and watching TV/sports, so sometimes the lights will be turned on (with a dimmer).

1. What are the screen recommendations? Do I need any special screen material for 3D versus 2D?

2. Is it possible to get a screen with too much gain? How do I know what gain and material I need? (white? grey? 1.3? 2.8? How do I calc this?)

3. What are the competing projectors on the market compared to the PT-AE7000? (any with a motorized zoom feature to go from 16:9 to 2.35:1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_marvin View Post

Just wanted to start a thread related to the Panasonic PT-AE7000 projector. I am setting up a home theater room with 100% light control (interior room with no windows, but with lighter color carpeting and paint). I would like to use the room for movies and watching TV/sports, so sometimes the lights will be turned on (with a dimmer).

1. What are the screen recommendations? Do I need any special screen material for 3D versus 2D?

2. Is it possible to get a screen with too much gain? How do I know what gain and material I need? (white? grey? 1.3? 2.8? How do I calc this?)

3. What are the competing projectors on the market compared to the PT-AE7000? (any with a motorized zoom feature to go from 16:9 to 2.35:1)

Are you set on getting a 3D projector?
post #3 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Are you set on getting a 3D projector?

No. But, if I go 2D on the projector; I would like to not have to replace both the screen and projector once 3D technology is more mainstream.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

No. But, if I go 2D on the projector; I would like to not have to replace both the screen and projector once 3D technology is more mainstream.

Here is a good read for you:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/shar...00/screens.php
Quote:

For most people I expect pairing with something between a 1.3 and 2+ gain, will make the most sense.

I would stick with a white screen.

Here is the thing (this is just my opinion) I am still not sold on 3D in the home and wonder how much it will really catch on. The vast majority of content is going to be 2D. Things could change and 3D could be a bigger deal down the road but I am not sure I would build my home theater around it. The PT-AE7000 sounds like a solid projector, but I would wait to buy until after CEDIA where I expect more 3D projectors will come to market.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2011, 04:09 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:

Just wanted to start a thread related to the Panasonic PT-AE7000 projector.

Welcome Newbie, just a note that you are a little lost as there is already a thread(s) on this projector where it belongs in the projectors forum. There you can ask away because some of the theater builders who hang out here have already seen the projector in person.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1350410

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae7000u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page