The Ragged Edge Theater - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #91 of 94 Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
No problem. The LED rope light is still a annoying since it still glows a little after shutting off the lights, but I'm sure there's a fix for that somewhere on this forum. I'm still trying to figure out how to get nice sharp pictures with the correct color to post here. The color in the pictures look more brown than the grey it really is.

Last edited by ragged; 02-14-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 11-02-2015, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragged View Post
Well, it's done. Apart from a few nicks here and there to patch and paint, I've put on about 650 hours on the PJ and absolutely loving it. It's everything I wanted. Friends are blown away and my 3 yo has a blast watching it, so I'm very happy with it. I ended up getting Lutron Caseta dimmer switches and use their app, which works great with the LED bulbs, fading works nicely and it's so easy to set up. (The LED rope still has a little bleed through, but trying to figure out how to fix that). The rack never gets above 76-78 degrees, so the cooling works great. The empty faceplate was for an xboxone, which I sold, the sound quality is laughable. Despite what the lights on my receiver says, the sound was really never Master or True HD audio. I have a 5 year old bluray player that blows the xboxone away. That said, an Oppo is what I'll get next.

As usual, I'm no photographer so the pics just don't show the richness of the paint/carpet color, etc etc and they are a little fuzzy, but here's the final product.

Good work... all those years of patient hardwork paid off.

I sae the layout but, what is the actual length of the room? You seem to have enough room for a drybar, with the riser so high, the counter top seems low and not much viewing possible with the those stools. Was the design intentional?

Regards
post #93 of 94 Old 01-01-2016, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandkisham View Post
Good work... all those years of patient hardwork paid off.

I sae the layout but, what is the actual length of the room? You seem to have enough room for a drybar, with the riser so high, the counter top seems low and not much viewing possible with the those stools. Was the design intentional?

Regards
Thanks nandkisham! It is still a lot of fun, especially now that the first kid is old enough to be wowed by a 3' tall cartoon character.

The ceiling is only 85" and there's a bulkhead around the perimeter of the room that's only 75", so by the time I put the seats at the right distance for the screen size, there was no way to get the bar stools high enough to see over the 2nd row and make it comfortable. Anyone sitting at the bar just moves the seats to the sides and they have a clear view.
nandkisham likes this.

post #94 of 94 Old 01-01-2016, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 443
What movie is that screenshot from?

Room looks amazing!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction