Originally Posted by DavidK442
A nice clean equipment install. The rack does look great.
Love the picture of the snowman and of your little one climbing into the rack.
Mine are all teenagers now. I miss those days.
Thanks David, I will be glad when the build is done so I can spend more time using the room with those two little guys versus having to chase them around while I'm trying to get work done. Definitely getting lots of quality movie watching time with the 4 year old, so the investment is paying off and hopefully will when they're teenagers like yours!
Originally Posted by denm316
Have never really liked the look of ceiling tiles, however those black ones look great. Really set it off and give the ceiling a quality look. Definitely bookmarked the site where you got them from.
Thanks denm! I have been really impressed with the product - if they make it through shipping OK, they are great to work with and look really nice and finished. People can't believe they're just plastic! For an interesting contrast, check out the pictures of the cabinets in the bar (above on this page), which has a similar pattern. Compare those to the ceiling - looks like the exact same material however one is solid wood and the other plastic. Impossible to tell without touching.
Originally Posted by tbraden32
Can you post a review on your Epson?
I'm probably not qualified to provide a really good review, and I haven't done extensive tuning yet as I'm still building, but here are my thoughts:
- Lens shift is an amazing feature and works GREAT. Really gives alot of flexibility
- Watching sports with the lights on is absolutely no problem on my 1.1 gain screen; especially in Dynamic mode
- With good source material, the picture at approx. 10' viewing distance looks clearer than my 55" Sony LCD
- I am thrilled with the value for the price. I constantly ask myself how these super-expensive $5k+ projectors could do that much better than this one a little over $2k. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I am constantly wowed with the picture even now that I'm getting hundreds of hours on the 1st bulb
- A rebate for a 2nd bulb was provided (which I claimed)
- Somewhat loud, however my ceiling is very low so hard to blame projector on that
- Seem to have HDMI handshake sensitivity/issues. Blank outs for 4-6 seconds, especially if the projector is turned on after the receiver. Believe I have resolved this using a HDMI booster for the 25' run from my Denon 3313CI receiver; and also programming receiver to turn on second after a delay. Same receiver feeding a Sony LCD in HDMI Zone 2 runs 50 feet with no HDMI boost just fine, no blank outs.
- May be a little bright for a 1.1 gain screen in total darkness Very light or white scenes on movies seem to sparkle (hot spots?). I need to play with the settings to see if this can be corrected.
- Need to learn more about Auto Iris - currently not using it at all (not sure what I'm missing but guessing something)
Conclusion: Love it. I think once I take time to master the settings and finish working out the HDMI handshake issues that are very common in 25'+ runs and may not be the fault of the projector, all will be well. Highly recommended.