Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #91 of 778 Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 71
$4,100 - ouch, that would be nice in the Equip. fund.
These transaction woes - they too will pass

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 778 Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
When we bought our current house, the settlement attorney screwed up the tax escrow. They took the number of the prorated taxes the WE owed (for only two months) and transferred that number to the line for the YEARLY taxes. Six months later we got a BIG tax bill because the escrow was short.

Better to have the surprise NOW rather than later.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #93 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 PM

Liked: 10
I also recently closed on my house, last wednesday, it was suppose to be tuesday, but my bank also screwed up the HUD, but only by $300. You would think they could do it right by now. I guess not
post #94 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Still waiting. Closing was supposed to be at 10:00 am this morning. It got pushed to 2:30 because of finance paperwork. Still waiting. Suppose to happen today still. Getting annoyed though.

On the flip side, I was able to hook with some peeps on the CNN side for lunch.

Bud
post #95 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey Bud, hope that everything sails through with the purchase. Also hope that lunch contained some celebratory beverages! Not sure how it works over there but in Australia we use either solicitors or conveyancing agents to effect transfers. Mistakes do happen but they are rare. However, you're able to claim mistakes against their insurance if you have issues caused by your representative. For all of the relevant property searches and to effect the transfer, prices range between 1-2k. Sometimes a little more. It is still a really stressful period so I have fingers crossed that it's smooth sailing from now for you. Greg.

Follow my thread here
post #96 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Waiting on the wife to sign now. She showed up late. Geez.

Bud
post #97 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinadog View Post

Waiting on the wife to sign now. She showed up late. Geez.

Bud

You still waiting? Boy, you are a patient man to say the least.

I hope all went smooth and everything is going as planned.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #98 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Yea...what he said! Hope it went well and that it is over!

Follow my build here: Harvest Ridge Theater
post #99 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

DONE DEAL! Finally. What a pain in the butt. Glad it's over. I think we finished at 5:00. Just got home 1/2 hr or so. The wife was questioning everything she signed. If she had been on time, we would have had to go through the paperwork a second time. I was sitting there for 20 minutes twiddling my thumbs.

Bud
post #100 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

DONE DEAL! Finally. What a pain in the butt. Glad it's over. I think we finished at 5:00. Just got home 1/2 hr or so. The wife was questioning everything she signed. If she had been on time, we would have had to go through the paperwork a second time. I was sitting there for 20 minutes twiddling my thumbs.

Bud

Whoot!

Now it is time to start on that theater! Chop! Chop! Time is a wasting!

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
post #101 of 778 Old 10-31-2011, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

Bud

Congratulations, and be confident it could have been worse.

Two weeks ago, mine lasted two and a half hours. Because some joker at the seller (a federal agency you may have heard of) was late paying a water bill, closing got pushed a week. In the meantime, I had to assume power of attorney for my wife who would be out of town during our rescheduled closing. When we finally get there, we start half an hour late. I spend a whole hour signing for both of us. Then I wait another whole hour while they reprint three of the papers because they weren't happy with how much space it takes for me to sign "wife's name by my name as attorney in fact" in some of those tiny boxes.

Now I'm still moving/settling in and itching to start tearing down drywall. Hopefully you can start in on yours and post some pictures to keep me satisfied.

Have fun!
post #102 of 778 Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Congrats!

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #103 of 778 Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Whoot!

Now it is time to start on that theater! Chop! Chop! Time is a wasting!

Regards,

RTROSE

Yes, the wife will happy to chop chop me if I don't get her list done first.

Bud
post #104 of 778 Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post

Congratulations, and be confident it could have been worse.

Two weeks ago, mine lasted two and a half hours. Because some joker at the seller (a federal agency you may have heard of) was late paying a water bill, closing got pushed a week. In the meantime, I had to assume power of attorney for my wife who would be out of town during our rescheduled closing. When we finally get there, we start half an hour late. I spend a whole hour signing for both of us. Then I wait another whole hour while they reprint three of the papers because they weren't happy with how much space it takes for me to sign "wife's name by my name as attorney in fact" in some of those tiny boxes.

Now I'm still moving/settling in and itching to start tearing down drywall. Hopefully you can start in on yours and post some pictures to keep me satisfied.

Have fun!

I knew it could have been worse, glad it's over. Really. Really, really glad it's over.

Bud
post #105 of 778 Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 View Post

Congrats!

Thanks.

Bud
post #106 of 778 Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Glad to hear you got it done! We've been going through similar pains, and all I keep thinking is, "These guys do this everyday!" If I screwed up as much as they do, or took as long as they do, I'd lose my job!

Congrats again.... Now, enough celebrating, get to work!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
post #107 of 778 Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

Glad to hear you got it done! We've been going through similar pains, and all I keep thinking is, "These guys do this everyday!" If I screwed up as much as they do, or took as long as they do, I'd lose my job!

Agreed, my bank had 90 days to get our stuff right, and they still screwed it up the last day delaying our closing. Come on this is your job!
post #108 of 778 Old 11-24-2011, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Bud,

You have had 21 days give or take, so now what's up? You gotta give us something.

Happy Thanksgiving BTW!

Regards,

RTROSE

post #109 of 778 Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bud,

You have had 21 days give or take, so now what's up? You gotta give us something.

Happy Thanksgiving BTW!

Regards,

RTROSE

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope everyone had a safe holiday.

Sorry about that, I've been traveling for work the last few weeks and have been gone on the most of the weekends. I'm actually heading to Nashville today with my son and we're heading to the Bucs-Titans game tomorrow - he's a Titans fan and his birthday is on Monday. Will be in town this week, but gone next weekend as well, then two days of a work off site.

I have a long list of things I need to do around the house before I can get to the theater, including getting my workshop in order. I'm hoping to get that done in December before the holidays, since we'll be heading up north for part of it.

On the theater side of things, I think I'm going to take advantage of the design service here, but I have some ideas as far as the design is concerned. I have a design in mind and I'm hoping I can marry the two and come up with something that will work. I also have some ideas for the rest of the basement, but that's a whole other time and money suck.

Bud
post #110 of 778 Old 11-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWicked View Post

Agreed, my bank had 90 days to get our stuff right, and they still screwed it up the last day delaying our closing. Come on this is your job!

This seems to be a common theme within the banks right now. Last summer, we were in a similar purchase situation. Accepted offer in March. Not closing until end of May due to seller's children completing school. I got everything to the bank right away. Long story short, the bank comes back two days before closing and requests a laundry list of various additional statements from me, like they hadn't even looked at the file yet. Seller started to get nervous, and we went in without any contingencies, but reserved the right to get a mortgage. I didn't even get the $ amount of the closing check until 20 minutes AFTER I was supposed to be at the closing. I had to send my wife to the attys office while I waited at my bank for the call.

In the end, all was okay, but just an unnecessarily stressful process.
post #111 of 778 Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope everyone had a safe holiday.

Sorry about that, I've been traveling for work the last few weeks and have been gone on the most of the weekends. I'm actually heading to Nashville today with my son and we're heading to the Bucs-Titans game tomorrow - he's a Titans fan and his birthday is on Monday. Will be in town this week, but gone next weekend as well, then two days of a work off site.

I have a long list of things I need to do around the house before I can get to the theater, including getting my workshop in order. I'm hoping to get that done in December before the holidays, since we'll be heading up north for part of it.

On the theater side of things, I think I'm going to take advantage of the design service here, but I have some ideas as far as the design is concerned. I have a design in mind and I'm hoping I can marry the two and come up with something that will work. I also have some ideas for the rest of the basement, but that's a whole other time and money suck.

Bud

Wow,

Sounds like you have been a busy man! In that case I'll give you a pass. Just this one time though! Admiring fans want action ya know!

Oh, and I am all too familiar with the money whirlpool issues, down the drain it goes! Goes very quickly when you start talking HT and basement plans.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #112 of 778 Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Congrats on the new house too (sorry of being a bit late)!! I'm going into v2.0 too, but is a few months behind you (current target settlement day is late Feb/early March of 2012. So I definitely need to keep a close eye on yours and take notes!

Or may be I'll race you to the finish line see who got theirs done first?!
post #113 of 778 Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDUpstate View Post

This seems to be a common theme within the banks right now. Last summer, we were in a similar purchase situation. Accepted offer in March. Not closing until end of May due to seller's children completing school. I got everything to the bank right away. Long story short, the bank comes back two days before closing and requests a laundry list of various additional statements from me, like they hadn't even looked at the file yet. Seller started to get nervous, and we went in without any contingencies, but reserved the right to get a mortgage. I didn't even get the $ amount of the closing check until 20 minutes AFTER I was supposed to be at the closing. I had to send my wife to the attys office while I waited at my bank for the call.

In the end, all was okay, but just an unnecessarily stressful process.

It is unnecessary stress, not sure why they can't get it right. I guess some do, the house we're in now went real smooth. Probably the luck of the draw.

Bud
post #114 of 778 Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow,

Sounds like you have been a busy man! In that case I'll give you a pass. Just this one time though! Admiring fans want action ya know!

RTROSE

Busy, yes. When I did the last theater, I was working out of the house and it was real easy for me to get down to the basement during lunch, after work, etc. I was there when deliveries were made. I had more time to research, focus and be more engaged. The last job was much more of a time suck than this one, but required no real travel, just 2.5 hours a day commute. The current job has more travel demands and a lot less commute time. The last couple of months have been pretty intense and I'm looking forward to getting away from it for the holidays. The spring should be slower to some extent, we'll be more settled in, I'll have some of the burning house things complete and less stress overall (no extra house).

It's been a rough (very busy) transition year with a new job - living in an apartment away form the family except weekends for six months, packing,
moving, and unpacking a house, new schools, new city, selling a house, commuting back to ATL to take care of my Mom after we moved, getting her moved to CT and getting her house emptied and on the housing market.

Glad it's over.

Bud
post #115 of 778 Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Congrats on the new house too (sorry of being a bit late)!! I'm going into v2.0 too, but is a few months behind you (current target settlement day is late Feb/early March of 2012. So I definitely need to keep a close eye on yours and take notes!

Or may be I'll race you to the finish line see who got theirs done first?!

Thanks and good luck with v2.0.

Bud
post #116 of 778 Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

It's been a rough (very busy) transition year with a new job - living in an apartment away form the family except weekends for six months, packing, moving, and unpacking a house, new schools, new city, selling a house, commuting back to ATL to take care of my Mom after we moved, getting her moved to CT and getting her house emptied and on the housing market.

'Rough' is an understatement.

I hope you can recharge over the holidays.

Chris

"It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they are big enough, the pain only lasts a second."
--Despair, Inc. "Regret"

My AviaTrix TM Build
post #117 of 778 Old 11-30-2011, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post

Thanks. Fingers crossed. Thanksgiving didn't quite cut it considering vacation was interrupted by work. Had fun in Nashville though - except for the rain all day and the crazy four hour drive back in the dark, rain and fog on a heavily trafficked holiday weekend part.

Bud
post #118 of 778 Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post

I really hope things settle down a lot for you. That sounds like quite the load to shoulder.

Follow my build here: Harvest Ridge Theater
post #119 of 778 Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

HEY BUD! Long time no see, or chat I guess. V2.0... interesting. I gotta hand it to you, not sure if I could do a second theater... well, maybe a theater but certainly not the whole basement again. Hope all is well. I'm gonna try and spend more time back on AVS. I think I'm getting closer to convincing the wife I need that new projector. My old Panny 900 has close to 4,000 hours on it!!!

Get back to work Bud
post #120 of 778 Old 12-03-2011, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. Fingers crossed. Thanksgiving didn't quite cut it considering vacation was interrupted by work. Had fun in Nashville though - except for the rain all day and the crazy four hour drive back in the dark, rain and fog on a heavily trafficked holiday weekend part.

Bud

Sorry to hear that your holiday was interrupted.

I have been very fortunate for the last few years as family has come to my house for the Thanksgiving Holiday. No driving for me in that crazy traffic.

As for me I don't worry about my abilities driving, it is all of the other loonies out there. In my younger days, I'll admit I was one of the loonies, now I realize it is just not worth it. Any more driving on the interstate is enough to make a preacher cuss.

Regards,

RTROSE

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page