Chinadog's Tennessee Theater! - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 305Likes

post #1321 of 1329 Old 07-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks really nice Bud. Count me in on an AVS night. I am only about 1hr south. I am sure the wife would love to view it as well. I have been showing her so many pics her head is spinning as we are getting close to getting started on our basement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1329 Old 07-27-2017, 09:08 AM
d_c
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Everything is looking great! We have some similarities, other than you have finished your HT much faster than me. My HT has a coffered ceiling with LEDs above the crown, and I also have German Shepherds. One of mine looks just like yours sitting in the chair on the right side in the last photo they are pictured. This one has a more pointy snout compared to the other just like mine and people are always asking if she is mixed. What's the story on this one as far as the exact breed?
post #1323 of 1329 Old 08-02-2017, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinadog View Post
It's Home Depot Behr Black Mocha.

Bud
Is that an eggshell finish?

post #1324 of 1329 Old 08-02-2017, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuyler Bain View Post
Is that an eggshell finish?
Yes, the don't have a flat option.

Bud
post #1325 of 1329 Old 08-02-2017, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

BTW, I added a few of these in the theater room in black to the outlets that are in the columns behind the counter and to the sides of the counter. They work well and are not very bright in such a dark room, just enough light to see where you're walking. Not distracting at all. I bought a box of 10 for the upstairs in white and are great. Not the cheapest, but you don't have to worry about knocking into nightlight plugged in. Not sure if anyone else is using them.

https://www.snappower.com

Bud
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 6.04.02 PM.png
Views:	40
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	2262554  
dgage and PTAaron like this.
post #1326 of 1329 Old 08-25-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Hey Bud! How have you been enjoying the new room?

If you are in the mood for giving a demo, let me know.
post #1327 of 1329 Old 08-27-2017, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I continue to learn from your build Bud! New question about your sconce installations:

Basically, HOW in the world did you install them?!? Meaning, normally for sconces there is a circular wall box, the light's installation frame attaches to the wall box, one wires the light to the incoming electrical cables with wire nuts, stuffs the wire nuts into the electrical box, and attaches the light itself to its installation frame and that's that.

Did you just stuff the wire nuts directly behind the sconce wall block itself???

Thanks in advance Bud. I have finished my first "column facade / wrap" that will be installed "on top of" the existing builder's columns that I didn't want to tear out, and am faced with the fact that the sconce needs to be installed 2" to the left of the existing circular wall box ... and am struggling to figure out how the heck I am going to do it.
post #1328 of 1329 Old 08-30-2017, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Hey Bud! How have you been enjoying the new room?

If you are in the mood for giving a demo, let me know.
Happy to do a demo. I've been enjoying the room and I've gotten some of my weekends back to do other things besides the room and travel ball. I'm around the next two weekends.

Bud
post #1329 of 1329 Old 08-30-2017, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texpilot View Post
I continue to learn from your build Bud! New question about your sconce installations:

Basically, HOW in the world did you install them?!? Meaning, normally for sconces there is a circular wall box, the light's installation frame attaches to the wall box, one wires the light to the incoming electrical cables with wire nuts, stuffs the wire nuts into the electrical box, and attaches the light itself to its installation frame and that's that.

Did you just stuff the wire nuts directly behind the sconce wall block itself???

Thanks in advance Bud. I have finished my first "column facade / wrap" that will be installed "on top of" the existing builder's columns that I didn't want to tear out, and am faced with the fact that the sconce needs to be installed 2" to the left of the existing circular wall box ... and am struggling to figure out how the heck I am going to do it.
The wires is pulled through the blocking, which is screwed and glued to the double drywall. In my case, the since had a shallow plate that I screwed into the blocking and was big enough to hide the wires/nuts. You could modify the block to accept a shallow box (like on you see for ceiling fans - the pancake ones if you want something to accept mechanical screws.

Bud
texpilot likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page