The Once and Future Theater - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 124Likes
post #1471 of 1473 Old Today, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 369
I've been trying to get my rack properly set up in the closet - just to be sure that the rails will all mount and that everything is sized properly, plumb, and true. I'm having some troubles, but will work through them, shimming, trimming, etc.

In order to test-fit something, I opened the box for the Monsterpower HTUPS-2700 that @TMcG found for me. The front rack ears were easy enough to replace once I figured out what size allen wrench to use. The two rear ears are long and slotted to allow mounting in racks of variable depth. There are about a dozen threaded holes in the side of the case, but no screws were provided. Did I just get "screwed" or was I expected to source them myself? The diagrams in the manual all show the ears already mounted; I didn't even see mention of how to add or remove them.

If I need to source them, does anyone have any idea what screws I should buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1473 Old Today, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Take the ups to the hardware store then you'll get what size you need. They probably forgot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1473 of 1473 Unread Today, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked: 722
TMcG probably kept them just to mess with you

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Pioneer Electronics , Sherbourn , Dayton Audio Um18 22 18 Ultimax Dvc Subwoofer 2 Ohms Per Coil