Redskinema - Major Updates! (I'm finally finishing it!) - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #601 of 615 Old 09-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Redskinema - Major Updates! (I'm finally finishing it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post

I just got back from Hawaii after a few weeks. We ordered the maywhether fight, amazing in the theater! Tomorrow is my first Sunday of football in it then back to work on it. I'm so pumped for tomorrow! GO SKINS!

God help us...tomorrow is a MUST WIN. I can't bear the thought of an 0-3 start! :/

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 615 Old 10-11-2013, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtexan View Post

Congrats on the theater, it looks great! I needed the inspiration for the final push on mine. I am so ready to be finished.

Thanks! Its definitely nice being able to finally use it
post #603 of 615 Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Jeff from Night Sky Murals is coming to my house today! I know its been a while since I've posted on here. Later ill put up some pics of things Ive done. Tony and I built the acoustic treatment for the ceiling and designed it to match the room, and look like a window. I havent finished the trim yet to make it look like a window. I needs to be painted first. But im excited for how its going to look.

Ill get some more updates and photos later
post #604 of 615 Old 10-11-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Jeff's here! stars going up!
post #605 of 615 Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 135

Just make sure the a/c is on. That man loves his a/c. smile.gif
post #606 of 615 Old 05-12-2014, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've failed as a thread starter in updating this thread. I owe you guys updates and progress. And I'm going to update the thread to include the rest of the basement that were working on now. I've been using, and loving, the theater in an unfinished basement for the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #607 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Wow I haven't really posted in three years. Also sadly, I never finished. Once the theater worked I basically moved onto the rest of the basement, which has turned out amazing and I'll share if there's interest (12 beers on tap!)

I've spent a lot of time the last month finishing the theater. Ironically, my llast posts were about Jeff from night sky's, and that's I'm doing now is trying to see if I can find a good led uv strip for them.

I have so much to say, and so many pictures to load!

I also finally got a door! Well I'm making it. I just need my 8 inches hinges to arrive, it's on temp hinges now.

For three years I used the theater without trim or a door so it's so exciting seeing it finally finished looking.
post #608 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Redskinema - Nearing completion!

Here's a few pics to see if there's still interest in my build. Here's two tease pics of the bar, and some pics of the theater a month ago. You can basically see what I did by looking at all the unpainted trim. Took a while to do all the cutting and it was only part of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by SKINSnCANES; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.
post #609 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Tonight's painting.

post #610 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Last weeks trim painting. Side note painting is much easier than all the cuts!

post #611 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'd like to add, it's great that tapatalk now works here. I would have probably posted ten times more through the entire build but I hated having to take pics, download them to a comp, upload them to my account, and then link them to posts. This is so much better!

And for anyone that followed me for years ago, you may remember the massive piles of cardboard and trash from theater building. Well here was last weeks! My dad was visiting and we cleaned out the garage, which was storing theater and basement materials and garbage for years. Even got almost 500 in Home Depot credit from returns

post #612 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well I don't know if anyone is still going to follow this but here's some thoughts from a few years of use

Life without a theater is no life at all! Ok maybe that's extreme but this is why we're all here. We watch all our movies and main shows in here. It makes Sunday night game of thrones feel like a date.

No one believes it, but don't hook up your projector until you're done. I didn't think I'd fall for it, but here I am three years later finishing. Granted, I did put a theater in an unfinished basement and I did finish most of that since

Sound proofing...well, to be determined! I went to extreme details sound proofing, it's a room within a room, floating ceiling, double 5/8th w green glue, all seams acoustically caulked, then build the theater with 3/4 maple inside of the sound proof room....but...I never got a door....but that's happening right now so we'll see just how much all that detail mattered

Acoustic treatments are more important that speakers. They make all the difference and no one can even tell I have them.

I replaced my first gem hue light strips with second gen, it makes a huge difference and is now two strips instead of ten. I love the hue bulbs, they are so easy to control and up can use Siri with them. People say more about the lighting than anything else

Getgreys anamorphic lens is great. I just changed the remotes batteries for the first time. 235 is a must as far as I'm concerned.

The runco led projector is still perfect. I love the instant turn on, no change in brightness. No need to change bulbs. I have no interest in 3D and don't plan on upgrading to 4K anytime soon

The chairs by Roman are great. One never worked but I'll finally get around to troubleshooting with him now that I'm finishing

I rarely just look at the star ceiling, but I do love it when I do

My designs I still think we're all great. You'll see when I post painting pics how quickly all my columns pop out and How I always have access to everything, can always add or change a wire, and all without effecting sound proofing.

I miss typing here. I started some threads for my bar and fish tank but always liked this forum the best. Hopefully there's still interest for all the rest of the pics and progress.

post #613 of 615 Unread Yesterday, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
Here's a few pics to see if there's still interest in my build. Here's two tease pics of the bar, and some pics of the theater a month ago. You can basically see what I did by looking at all the unpainted trim. Took a while to do all the cutting and it was only part of it

post #614 of 615 Unread Today, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The taps under the tank is slick. What size area is the bar (lxw)?
post #615 of 615 Unread Today, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I might suggest some railing for those stairs ;-)

It is interesting, I live in the midwest (Cincinnati area) and recently converted the steps into my basement from carpet to hardwood, and the site I got the treads from, had some 'generalizations' of Riser colors... East/North East... risers usually match treads (which I see yours do)... midwest, risers are usually white (which mine are, and most of my friends are as well).... strange how that is different.

Do you have 12 'mini kegs' or something hooked up to the taps? I think that might be too dangerous for me.... I don't drink much at home, but love beer when we eat out and it is ice cold from a tap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Runco