post #1 of 606 Old 12-24-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Redskinema Theater

Background:

This theater has been entirely a DIY project. Prior to this I had minimal to no experience in any of the construction that I did.  I'd like to thank everyone for their help and feedback, and encourage anyone looking into building a theater to check out all the great builds on this site. I was surprised to find out how many people also made building a theater their introduction to construction, finish work, electrical, etc.

This theater was 'started', more like conceptualized, in December of 2011.  I say conceptualized because before getting started I needed to address the issue of the water entering my basement door, and then I had to wait on my basement getting spray foamed and the new HVAC system put it.  In reality, the start of the theater was December of 2012 when framing was started.

The original plan was a Red and Gold theater, hence the name. While the colors didnt turn out that way, as a life long Skins fan I kept the name.

Shout outs:

This section should be a lot longer, but I'd like to thank a few specific people.

First, my loving girlfriend Lyndsey who let me completely demo a finished basement and support me in something I wanted to build.  Its been a long and expensive project that requires a lot of support! Plus, we're awesome together with a fabric stapler!

Second, and most importantly to the construction of the theater, my friend Tony. Tony has spent hundreds of hours of his own time helping from design the theater, model it, create blue prints, and has been apart of nearly every aspect of the construction. Its been an awesome time learning to do it all with him and he gets a special dedicated chair thats always open to him!

And lastly I'd like to thank the home theater community. Its a network not like anything I've ever been apart of. I directly speak to the people that designed/built everything in my theater. If you have an issue you get to speak directly to the source. Special thanks to Ed Mullen at SVS, Ive been buying their speakers exclusively for years to get my 11.2 collection together and their company has been great to deal with the entire time.  Chris Seymour from Seymour screens, whose always available to talk about his product and help. Ted White and John Hile from the SoundProofingCompany, and designer of Green Glue who helped me plan all the sound proofing for the room. Bryan Pape from GIK Acoustics who provided the acoustical knowledge and products I used. Scott Horton, designer of the Cineslide and my dealer for most of my electronics, who provided expect knowledge of anamorphic lens and the science/theory behind it. And Roman Shenkernan, the designer of the Fusion Escape seating collection that I ordered for my theater.  These individuals all deserve more praise, but take away from this how valuable direct access to a designer is. If your refrigerator breaks, its not like you can get on the phone with the owner of Samsung and troubleshoot it, nor did that individual help you through the buying process and teach you about the product.

Room Specifications

Dimensions: 17x14

Viewing Distance: First row XXX Second Row XXX

Equipment:

Video

* Runco Q750i

* Anamorphic Lens - ISCO III

* Cineslide lens transport

* Screen: Seymour 115 inch wide 235 4k screen

Audio

Speakers: 11.2 surround sound

SVS PC13 Subwoofer (x2) (subs)

SVS STS Tower (x2) (Left and Right Channel)

SVS SCS (x5) (Wides, surround back, center)

SVS SBS (x2) (Surrounds)

Electronics

* Receiver: Denon 4520

* Blu Ray Player: Denon DBT 3313

* Phillips Hue Bulbs

* Roomie Remote App for control

* Gaming: PS3, XBOX360

* Addition TBD Amp for channels 10 and 11

* AMP for outdoor speakers

* DirectTV Receivers

Seating

* Fusion Escapes, row of 3 and 4

Fabric

GoM Anchorage Vanilla

GoM Sensa Black

Acoustics

* ecose foam, 2 inches on side walls spaced 1.5 inches off the wall.

* ecose foam 6 inches on rear wall, spaced 1.5 inches off the wall

* ecose 24 inch triangle bass traps on stage

* ecose 12 inch triangle bass traps in rear corners

* future* ceiling treatment

Sound Proofing

* Layer of 5/8th OSB

* Layer of 5/8th Dry Wall

* Green Glue seperating the layers

* Ceiling has the above treatment suspended from hat channels and clips

* Read wall has 2x6 base plate and staggered studs

* Stage wall and side wall have studs several inches from foundation

* Enterance wall is two 2x4 walls seperated by 3 inches

* Door will be 1.75 inches thick solid core door with seals

* All electrical work was run in soffit and columns, only 1 hole was made to enter a dedicated circuit

* two holes were made to run all wires into equipment closet. This closet had similiar sound proofing of double 5/8th dry wall with green glue.

Table of Contents - Links to progress in thread

Original Space

Demoed Space

Framing

Models

Insulation

Walls

Ceiling

Sound Proofing

Soffit Construction

Stage Construction

Stage Bass Traps and ceiling 

Riser

Lights

Riser Completion

Column Bottom Construction

False Walls to hide acoustic panels

Floor Leveling

Trim Options

Home, non theater, pictures

Equipment

Ceiling Paint

Equipment Closet

Painting

Column Inserts/Speaker Grills

Lens and Cineslide, uninstalled

Acoustic Panels

Speaker Wires

Rear Corner Columns

Stage Corner Construction

Stage Area Complete

Front Column for Wide Speakers Construction

Fabric Installation

Model Pictures

LL

LL

LL

LL

Current Progress

LL  

LL

LL

LL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 606 Old 12-24-2011, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

***************** This was my original post. Im changing post 1 to refect current status and what actually happened in the theater. Though its interesting to see how the ideas have changed!*****************

Intro:After months of reading thousands of threads and posting questions here and there I've finally decided to start my build thread!

Im finalizing the design now so I wanted to start this thread while theres still time to receive feedback and make changes.

Background

My girlfriend and I moved into our new house in April. It was a foreclosed home that we got a great deal on. From the first time we walked in the house I immediatly started planning the Man Cave and home theater. Unfortunately, being a foreclosure meant that the money want going to the cave. The house had missing toilets, lights, fans, EVERY appliance including all kitchen, the pool pump/filter/heater, hot water heater, etc.

And then a miracle happened, Hurricane Irene and my insurance company got together and decided they wanted me to have a man cave!

At this point I've completed all of the demo. My basement was previously finished but between some water damage and a DIY homeowner I wanted to start fresh, know what was behind the walls, make sure everything is to code and do some upgrades. I'm having all of the walls sprayed with a closed cell insulation so the basement is better sealed and insulated. My basement itself does not take on water, it entered through a door that the storm broke so it hopefully won't be an issue in the future.

Man Cave

I'm going to skip the theater and speak about the cave first. Im going to try and build a large bar in a 15 x 15 room. I decided I'm going to start brewing my own beer to have two on tap at all times, a couple TVs, a 4 or 5 stool bar. Should be awesome! The large room that it opens up into is 28 x 14 and will have a pool table, hopefully a poker table, probably another two TVs. My girlfriend got me a lot of man cave motif for xmas this year to hook it up.

The Redskinema Theater!

First, the name, Redskinema. I'm a life long Redskins fan and my girlfriend was always drawn to theaters with a red and gold color seem so I thought that would fit perfect with the rest of the basement theme. I came up with the idea of combining Redskins and Cinema. Its a first attempt at a theater name so we'll see if it sticks! Either way the rest of the basement is all Redskins memorabilia.

The theater itself is 17 x 14. I'll post pictures and current designs soon. I'm working with Premier Home Theater in NJ and I've spoken a few times with Bryan Page at GIK about the acoustics. I'm going to try and do DIY for as much as I can to save the budget for the rest of the basement but I wanted to work with an installer primarily for a control system. I'm going to put in a Crestron Prodigy system to control the theater and the 4 other TVs in the basement. I thought about just doing a universal style remote but the ability to control all the tvs and lighting is just too sweet to pass up.

When I started I thought I was so lucky to have a 17x14 room to put a theater in. As it turns out this is apparently small and makes design a pain in the ass... I'd like to have a row of 3 and a row of 4. Realizing that 99% of the time there is only two of us but I feel like to be a theater you need two tiered rows.

Before I get into design let me list my current equipment:

Speakers:
SVSound STS LRC
SVSound SSS Bi Poles for the side speakers.
SVSound SCS for the rear (not bought yet, I previously had a 5.1 system)
SVSound PC13 Ultra sub, 99% sure I'm going to get two.

Projector:
Runco Q-750i with Whitney Anamorphic Lens - I bought this from a local deal as a barely used demo. I picked up it for less than half of list price they got Runco to add two years to the warranty so its a 4 year warranty, of which 3 are left.
Runco RS900 - Im not putting up two projector but I actually bought this projector first, also as a demo, because it came with the anamorphic lens. Im using the lens on the q750 and going to sell the RS900. Which only has a few hundred hours on it and most likely can be put under whoever buys it so they can have the warranty. I literally just bought both this week so they aren't registered yet.

As a side note this projector is simply amazing, the Q750. My room will be completely light controlled and the picture on this on demos I've seen is first class all the way.

Receiver: Currently a Pioneer 1121 but this will be upgraded for the theater to something with Audessey to control the two subs.

Acoustics: My installer recommended the standard 1 inch panels that it seems like every professional home theater company uses. Im referring to them being 1 inch, and not a specific brand. My speakers aren't very expensive but they are engineered extremely well and I want them to sound the best they can. Im planning on getting all my panels from Bryan at GIK. 3 inch absorption panels on the side walls, probably ceiling. Tri Traps in the front corners and 703 panels on entire front wall. And a couple of the 7.5 inch Monster Bass traps on the rear walls.

Screen: TBD but I'm heavily leaning to the SMX Curved 235 screen. I don't want to push my L and R next to the screen and have them be almost 14 feet apart and this is one of the best acoustically transparent screens I've read about. Plus, I really want a curved screen and it HAS to be 235 of course. Plus the SMX has those masking panels for MSRP 300 that seems like the way to go. Lets me honest, how often are you switching from TV to movies. I can just put up two panels on TV days or take them off during movie watching. Im also considering curved Stewart and DaLite screens because I can get either at cost.

This is a very long introduction to a build thread but compared to the time Ive put into planning its a small amount! Ill continue with my current problems/questions as a post.

*********************************************************************************************

Heres a list of things Id like feed back on:

Screen Size vs sound: Right now I'm planning on using 115" 235 diagonal (which is 100 inch diagonal for 178 viewing). After the screen is moved out ~15 inches to have the speakers behind it, and the second row moved off the wall ~18 inches so they are off the wall and so there is room for a second SVS PC 13 Ultra, my front row is only 7.5-8 feet from the screen, second row ~13. Now, thats perfect for the second row, but the first row is in the optimal space for sound. Anyone sit that close to that size screen? Id like to be in the front row to have optimal sound. And on principle I refuse to have a screen less than 100 when its on 178 format....

Acoustic Treatments: Most home theater companies always use, and have in their show room, 1 inch panels. The primary reason is because you can frame them and make them look better. But after speaking with BPAGE from GIK he says theres almost no point to using 1 inch panels. Id like to put the 3's on the side walls and ceiling (in reflection points), 703 on front wall with tritraps in front corners and monster bass traps on rear wall. Now, doing this seems like a no brainer but here the thing, it the reason my seating distance is now so short. I could add almost two feet to my view distance if I disregard optimal sound. But this means pushing the L and R to being 13 feet apart, creating sound separation. Also means having only 1 inch panels. And nothing in terms of low frequencies. But with having two of the biggest subs you can get and good speakers I don't want to do that. It would also keep me from having to get an acoustic screen...but I hear the SMX one is good.

So....how do you guys balance Audio vs Video? And more importantly, will I be ok 7-8 feet away from 100(178)115(235 screen)?

Sound Isolation:

This one is going to come down to money. I understand how to do it but its a lot of added cost. But its something that has to be done now or never.... Having two PC13 Ultra subs, I assume its impossible anyway to block those low frequencies. Do you think its worth all that expense to lessen it?

Door: I most likely need to put the door in the front reflection area, so it needs panels on it. If the panel is 3 inches thick how close can it be to the edge of the door so it can open and close? Most likely the door will swing out of the room. I know swinging in is better but the pressure of the subs but it would then cover the left front speaker. I feel like there are times when you're having a party and leave the door open for people to walk in and out and you don't want a speaker blocked. Thoughts?

Ill post designs once I get them scanned and some before pics I have. Thanks for the help! I can't wait for this to be a long thread with final pictures in it!

post #3 of 606 Old 12-24-2011, 08:52 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 533
I wouldn't be selling that RS900 just yet.

When you saw a demo of the 750i what power screen was it on? The 750i is only rated at 700 lumens and the RS900 at 1200. If the demo you saw had it on high power screen, you will be a little disappointed when you shine it on the SMX which is around 1.1 gain.

I love SMX and I have one, I'm just wondering if it is a match for a first generation LED projector.
post #4 of 606 Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Have you seem the 750 or are you just saying this based on specs? Runco has a white paper on their page explaining their qlumen theory. Plus the 750 is always that bright, it won't dim.

I've seen the 750 in light controlled rooms and thought it was too bright in light scenes, it's plenty bright IMO. I've also spent a few hours watching it in a room with lights and on dark scenes you would see the glare off the screen from the lights but on things like espn it looked great. This was on a Stewart 1.3 screen.

If someone's situation is media room with lots of light it probably not best but with light control it's a near perfect picture.

But this debate is for another thread I'm definitly keeping the 750

I have a soft spot for LEDs and use them a lot in both my personal ad work life so the benefits are there for me. I'll use this as my main tv for years to come and won't have to worry about all the on and offs or reduced picture over time.
post #5 of 606 Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Now what I should focus on is you wondering if the screen is a good match, it may not be I'll have to research further.

But I will say I think the projector will benefit most from a gain of 1. With the great color of like a pure image.
post #6 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 06:02 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I have yet to see an LED projector and after having burned through 6 bulbs in my first projector (DLP) I can appreciate it's value. Just wanted to make sure you have done your research and it sounds like you have.
post #7 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here are some of the 'before' pictures. And my first attempt at posting a picture so we'll see what happens... The theater is going behind the two polls, across from the walk out door. The big room is where the pool tables, etc, will go and the last picture is the room where the bar is going to go. Ill paste a diagram that shows this more clearly.

EDIT: ok so posting a link to my mobile me gallery doesn't work, can someone tell me how to insert photos? Can I not upload them to the page?
post #8 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:41 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Best is to upload the images as is (without resizing) to a free photo bucket account then copy the
[img] theater.jpg [/img[ link directly into the text of a post. If mobile me has a [img] tag then just copy them in your post.
post #9 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Best is to upload the images as is (without resizing) to a free photo bucket account then copy the
[img] theater.jpg [/img[ link directly into the text of a post.

I just upgraded to be an AVSClub Member. And Im uploading pics to the gallery on the site. Im assuming I can link to photos on this site...

heres a test...

post #10 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

ok nice, so the first picture is going to be the bar. Couple TVS, my own beer on tap.

Here is a before pic of where the theater is going to go. In the top right hand corner behind the two poles. It will be enclosed.

post #11 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Another photo of where the theater is going. You can see the closet under the stairs that will house the rack.

post #12 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Heres some initial plans for the basement. Already changes but its a good visual of what I'm working with. Originally you could turn either left or right at the bottom of the stairs. Im enclosing the theater and opening up the wall to the right of the stairs so you get a view of the bar as you walk in.

Right now the bathroom is half that size, and half of it is a closet. If I can afford it id like to make the bathroom bigger and adding lockers for people to change when they come over to swim in the pool. I need to do some plumbing work anyway to have the bar be a wet bar.

Im also thinking about moving an electric or gas fire place to the top right hand corner of the bar, diagonally, covered in stone with a tv above it.

post #13 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

A bigger photo of the theater. I had a lot of problems with this design. My thoughts are...

Use an acoustic screen and push it out so the speakers in the front are closer together and behind the screen.

Adding two columns in the back for the rear.

Lying another svs pc 13 sub down behind the second row.

Having the door swing out so it can be left open during parties.

Having the entire column be acoustically transparent so the bipoles aren't firing into the sides of the columns.

post #14 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Heres what it looks like now...after taking out the floors, walls, insulation, doors, etc....

The theater will go on the top of the photo behind the poles, enclosed.

post #15 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

This is from where the pool table will be looking at where the theater will be on the top right of the photo. The area under the stairs is where the equipment will go.

post #16 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

This is me standing where the bar will go. THe theater is the top of the photo. When you come down the stairs there will be a wall on the left to enclose the theater. Im going to remove the 2x4s on the right side of the stairs and put a railing so you can see the bar as you walk down the stairs. And of course the equipment rack goes under the stairs.

post #17 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

How deep is your riser, front edge to back wall?
post #18 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

How deep is your riser, front edge to back wall?

TBD. But what I'm thinking is I need 18 inches off the back wall to lie down the SVS PC 13 sub, and the chairs reclined at 65 inches. Im most likely going with Romans Fusion Escape chairs.

Id like the riser to be 1 foot high with a step to make sure I can see over the first row.

Anything I need to consider?
post #19 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 12:48 PM

Liked: 10
Very nice!

I am just a step behind you. We are gutting our 100+ year-old basement and building a mancave.

I have been making homebrew for 20+ years so the bar will be built around a professional keg fridge with 6 taps. There will be a fireplace across from the bar like you are considering. There will be darts, but not sure a pool table will fit.

I am going to do the "good TV and audio system" in a basement build, not a dedicated theater per se. I have kits for 9 speakers and will build an infinite baffle subwoofer system. I might as well build 2 more for the 11.2 height channels while I'm at it.

Will be watching you progress with interest.
post #20 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomagardner View Post

Very nice!

I am just a step behind you. We are gutting our 100+ year-old basement and building a mancave.

I have been making homebrew for 20+ years so the bar will be built around a professional keg fridge with 6 taps. There will be a fireplace across from the bar like you are considering. There will be darts, but not sure a pool table will fit.

I am going to do the "good TV and audio system" in a basement build, not a dedicated theater per se. I have kits for 9 speakers and will build an infinite baffle subwoofer system. I might as well build 2 more for the 11.2 height channels while I'm at it.

Will be watching you progress with interest.

I should start a separate thread to pick your brain about brewing and kegging beer! This weekend will be my first batch! It just seemed like something I needed to learn how to do as that final touch on the basement. I have a local home brew store and made a batch with them, it was a lot of fun. Feel free to PM me with tips and advice!
post #21 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post

Anything I need to consider?

As a general rule of thumb you need 6 1/2 ft from the first row chair back to the second row chair back for reclining seats, anything less and your feet will hit the first row before hitting the recline position.
post #22 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

As a general rule of thumb you need 6 1/2 ft from the first row chair back to the second row chair back for reclining seats, anything less and your feet will hit the first row before hitting the recline position.

ugh, damn. I keep looking at the seating dimensions of the chair but I never took into account that peoples feet might hang off the edge...

I don't really have 6.5 feet.... as it is the front row is only 7.5 feet away from the screen... This is why I made this build thread. Ive gone back and forth on idea hundreds of times.

If I push the screen back, then my L and R speakers get pushed out and are 13 feet apart...

If I push the screen up then it really eats into my view distance. If you look at the design my installer was going to use a 133 inch 235 screen. Im already down to 115. I don't want to go less then that on principle for not wanting less that 100 inches on 16:9
post #23 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

ugh, damn. I keep looking at the seating dimensions of the chair but I never took into account that peoples feet might hang off the edge...

I don't really have 6.5 feet.... as it is the front row is only 7.5 feet away from the screen... This is why I made this build thread. Ive gone back and forth on idea hundreds of times.

If I push the screen back, then my L and R speakers get pushed out and are 13 feet apart...

If I push the screen up then it really eats into my view distance. If you look at the design my installer was going to use a 133 inch 235 screen. Im already down to 115. I don't want to go less then that on principle for not wanting less that 100 inches on 16:9

You can opt for movie theater seats for the second row, I am thinking that option myself, something like this:
http://www.seatsandchairs.com/home-t...6&idcategory=4
post #24 of 606 Old 12-25-2011, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWalkinator View Post

You can opt for movie theater seats for the second row, I am thinking that option myself, something like this:
http://www.seatsandchairs.com/home-t...6&idcategory=4

Anyone have photos of a theater that has two different styles of seating? My gf isn't thrilled about the idea. I could just do one row in an optimal location but one row just doesn't say theater...even though its going to just be me and her 99% of the time...
post #25 of 606 Old 12-26-2011, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

ok guys heres an updated layout. Here are the big changes:

For now Im going with movie seats for the back row, not having reclining feet saves me so much room. It allows me to easily fit five seats in the back row.

The front row is now 10 feet from the screen. A much better distance. I haven't recalculated what screen size I can do now. Im thinking back up to 125 diagonal 235. It also moves the seating back from the center of the room so it is in an ideal spot.

Still 3 theater seats that recline in the first row (romans seats)

The door is now even with the first row, an ideal spot so it isn't where reflections are for the main seats.

Now all the acoustic panels are 24 inches wide, which is the standard width on GIK so I don't have to pay to have any custom cut. Note: each measurement on the wall represents the acoustic panels. It will be matched on both side walls. The rear walls are the monster panels, side walls the 3 inch panels.

The brown squares are the columns

THe yellow shapes are the speakers

I couldn't figure out how to make the screen curved or add a stage but that isn't a big deal right now.

The intent of this design is feed back on acoustics, speaker placement, seating distance

The measurement on the wall are the

post #26 of 606 Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Im pretty sure I have to stick with a 115 diagonal 235 screen, which is 100 in 178. My projector has a 1.85 - 2.40 zoom so if my math is right I have ~166 inches from the front of the projector to the screen so I can go bigger than that size.

I think 115 at 10 feet away should be fine though, 13 feet for second row. Is what it is.
post #27 of 606 Old 12-27-2011, 09:56 AM

here are a few with 2 different types of chairs. it saves room as well

post #28 of 606 Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Im pretty sure I have to stick with a 115 diagonal 235 screen, which is 100 in 178. My projector has a 1.85 - 2.40 zoom so if my math is right I have ~166 inches from the front of the projector to the screen so I can go bigger than that size.

I think 115 at 10 feet away should be fine though, 13 feet for second row. Is what it is.

Check your numbers! I think you probably meant 115" WIDE and NOT DIAGONAL!

A 115" DIAGONAL 2.35 screen would translate into a 92" DIAGONAL 1.78 picture size and NOT a 100" DIAGONAL!

A 115" WIDE 2.35 is 125" DIAGONAL = 100" DIAGONAL 1.78

...Glenn
post #29 of 606 Old 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baumann View Post

Check your numbers! I think you probably meant 115" WIDE and NOT DIAGONAL!

A 115" DIAGONAL 2.35 screen would translate into a 92" DIAGONAL 1.78 picture size and NOT a 100" DIAGONAL!

A 115" WIDE 2.35 is 125" DIAGONAL = 100" DIAGONAL 1.78

...Glenn

Well after 5 hours of punching numbers and even more hours of drinking beer.... I got these mixed up!

But I spent all day redoing my designs with a friend in ProE. And what I meant to say is 125 inch diagonal 2.35, 100, 1.78, which is 115 wide! As you said. Thanks.
post #30 of 606 Old 12-27-2011, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

ok guys spent the day updating my design. Theres things missing. The speakers aren't actually placed yet but theres plenty of room to put them in the ideal spot behind the screen.

No coloring is done.

There will be base trim, chair rail, and crown under the soffit so you won't actually know the panels are 3 inches thick.

Thoughts?!

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Runco

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page