Started the soffit work today. Pretty slow going as I spent a lot of time looking 5 steps ahead trying to make sure that I wasn't missing something or putting something up that may be in the way of another step. So on with the pics...
Started with some 2x2's attached to the ceiling.
Then started hanging 1/2" MDF from the 2x2's.
A couple of casualties like this.
Got the back portion of the room complete.
The hole in the middle will be filled with a vent box for the rear dead vent return.
A shot of the various ducts and conduit in the soffit.
And a shot of the ladder structure in the soffit.
Also, I have made contact with Bpape concerning my acoustic layout. I think I am going to pull the trigger and let him give me a plan for my room. Going over it this weekend, it just makes sense to spend a little extra to maybe get that last 30% out of the room compared to me trying to copy someone else's design. Put this much money into something you want it to be the best it can be.
So not as much done as I would have hoped but only had Sunday to work. Moving forward none the less. Maybe I will be able to sneak down there and get a couple of things done during the week. Fun to see things changing.